[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TheTuna
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheTuna » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:51 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Saving that for OVA's maybe.

The adventures of Asuka and Mari and the formation of Wille would fill out plenty of content.

Somebody on /a/ joked that they were planning a TV series to fill in the gap, but I would legitimately enjoy a "Mari and Asuka's Badass Post-Apocalyptic Adventures" series. With a "Gendo and Fuyutsuki and Donkey's Mountain Broadventures" spinoff, of course.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Here's quick and fast translation of JP Wikipedia plot synopsis starting with Eva-13's descent to Central Dogma. It's not exhaustive, but still damned useful. I'll update it with the full shebang later.

Source

Eva-13, together with Mark.09 piloted by Rei Ayanami (tentative), make their way to the depths of Central Dogma, but upon seeing Lilith and Eva Mark.06 impaled on Spears, there is puzzlement owing that the Spear that should be there [the Spear of Cassius] is missing. There, they receive an attack from Asuka's upgraded Eva-02 and Mari's Eva-08, but Shinji drives them off. Kaworu tries to stop Shinji from extracting the Spears, but Shinji refuses to do so. Cutting Eva control off from Kaworu, Shinji finally pulls out the two Spears. Hereupon the 2nd Angel Lilith's body/corpse undergoes image collapse [i.e., bursts into goo], and [implied "because"??] the 12th Angel inside Mark.06 had resumed activity. When Mark.09 decapitates Mark.06, an Angel shaped like a black cable appears from within and wraps around Eva-13, but with Eva-13's awakening [wording might be off there], the 12th Angel (whose whole body is a core) is squeezed together very quickly, and then it's being eaten [lit. crunched with the teeth] [by Eva-13].

The awakened Eva-13 surfaces to the sky. Gendo's trap triggers Kaworu's degeneration from the 1st Angel to the 13th Angel, and "Fourth Impact" begins. Wille attacks Eva-13 with the Wunder, but Mark.09 (the vessel of an Adams) undertakes an ambush attack for primary control of Wunder, and succeeds in hijacking it. At that point, the upgraded Eva-02 rushes in and engages Mark.09 using Beast Mode, but there's no time. After both pilots escape, Eva-02 commences a self-destruct attack and destroys Mark.09.

The DSS Choker around Kaworu's neck activates, driving several shots/shells into his neck and killing him. Eva-13's awakened state ceases and it falls to the ground, but Fourth Impact continues unabated. Mari, with Eva-08, finally ends it by force ejecting the entry plug that Shinji mans. The entry plug falls to the ground, and Asuka pulls from it Shinji, who's been cowering within. Then Rei Ayanami (tentative) also appears. Asuka takes the dazed and unresponsive Shinji with her and walks off, Rei going along with the two of them.

Original text:

SPOILER: Show
覚醒した第13号機は上空へと浮上。ゲンドウの罠によって第1使徒から第13使徒に堕とされたカヲルをトリガーとして、「フォースインパクト」が発動する。ヴィレはヴンダーで第13号機を襲撃するが、本来のヴンダーの主であるMark.09(アダムスの器)の迎撃を受け、ヴンダーの制御を乗っ取られる。そこに改2号機が駆けつけ、獣化形態でMark.09と交戦するも、時間が足りず、(双方ともパイロット脱出の後)改2号機が自爆攻撃を仕掛けMark.09を破壊する。

第13号機は、アヤナミレイ(仮称)の乗るMark.09とともにセントラルドグマ最深部へ辿りつくが、リリスとエヴァMark.06に刺さる槍を見、そこにあるべき槍ではないと困惑する。そこに、アスカの改2号機とマリの8号機の襲撃を受けるが、シンジはそれを退ける。カヲルはシンジが槍を抜くのを止めようとするが、シンジはそれを拒み、カヲルからのエヴァの制御を遮断、遂に2本の槍を抜く。すると第2使徒リリスの骸が形象崩壊し、Mark.06の体内に潜んでいた第12使徒が活動を再開した。Mark.09がMark.06の首を落とすと、黒いケーブル状の使徒が中から現れ第13号機を包み込むが、第13号機が覚醒したことで、全身がコアである第12使徒はみるみるうちに縮み、そして噛み砕かれた。

カヲルの首に取り付けられたDSSチョーカーが発動し、カヲルは首に数発の弾丸を打ち込まれ死亡する。覚醒状態を止めた第13号機は地上へ落下するが、フォースインパクトの進行は止まらず、マリが8号機でシンジの乗るエントリープラグを強制射出させたことでようやく終息した。地上に落ちたエントリープラグの中で蹲っていたシンジをアスカが助け出し、そこにアヤナミレイ(仮称)も現れる。アスカは放心して反応しないシンジを連れて歩き出し、そしてレイも2人についていく。
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Random Observation: it seems in the 6 minutes aired on TV, there is no trace of the song that is playing in the background in the theatrical version.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Song or BGM piece?

View Original PostLiLi wrote:
- Time skip: yes, it is 14 YEARS, for real. It is even mentioned in the theatrical pamphlet!

- Last night I rechecked the trailer for Q included in 2.22. As per first impression, it appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with the contents of the movie I saw. The only thing that might remotely remind me of Q is the shot of Pirate Asuka standing on a high place (as per her last scenes in Q in which she stands on the dummy plug, but the facial expression seems completely different...)

Speculation: It would seem the events in the trailer took place in the interim between 2.22 and 3.0. I for one would like to see them unfold. As Q and Final were originally supposed to be shown together, they perhaps will be shown in FINAL?

- At the end of the movie, both Team GenFu and Team Wille appear to be at a stalemate of sorts, and in a sort of "This is okay for the time being, they are stuck too" mood.

- I don't know if it has been mentioned so far, there is a scene in which the SEELE monoliths turn into what looked to me like tombstones. IIRC, the 01 Monolith (only) 'speaks' before morphing.

- EvaShip: Pre-revelation, Eva alarms started going off in my head by the time the bridge crew was lifted up into something that looked very reminiscent of the inner sanctum of an entry plug - except for the fact that several people are in there.

Q was, to me, an experience of the "Eva as you have (NOT) seen it before" kind. I am looking forward to repeating it (repeatedly) to (hopefully) dive onto deeper understanding and intellectual and emotional enjoyment. :emogendo:

:EDIT: Also, re-watching the scene from 2.22 in which Shinji crawls towards salvaging Rei, I noticed a parallel with the scene in 3.0 in which he crawls (in Eva 13) toward ripping the lances off Lilith.

(Having seen the 3.0 movie first thing in the morning, maybe I was dreaming? :P)

:EDIT2: Also, been meaning to mention this: IIRC, when Asuka enters 777 mode (which I just assumed was Beast Mode at the time...) her good eye glows green, while something under the eye-patch appears to glow blue.

Thanks for that Lili!

So, does Asuka say something about going to meet Lilim or something akin that in the end of film or near it?

How huge is the scale of damage caused by 3rd and 4th Impacts?

TheTuna
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheTuna » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Mari stops Fourth Impact? Odd, I thought Kaworu did. Guess he just dies instead?

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Song or BGM piece?

I think it is Mari singing. In the theatrical version someone is singing in the background (really hard to miss when you are in the cinema...) and Asuka takes off her helmet and says something like, "Hey Four-Eyes (lit. このメガネ)、 aren't you going to stop singing? It's irritating!"

I noticed this because I clearly remembered Asuka saying "uttoushii" (annoying, irritating) and wholeheartedly agreeing with her. :lol:

Thanks for that Lili!

So, does Asuka say something about going to meet Lilim or something akin that in the end of film or near it?

You are welcome. And yes, as far as I can remember.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Typical Mari

View Original PostLiLi wrote:You are welcome. And yes, as far as I can remember.

Okay. So, uhh, can you be as specific as possible about this bit of dialogue, its context etc.?

As in: is that where they're apparently heading at end of film?

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I seem to recall the music being the same in the first 6 minutes in both the TV clip and in the theater.

One thing I was really unclear on during the whole movie was just where the hell Eva 01 was!!

If the WILLE crew was using it to power their ship, that makes sense, but we never actually SEE Eva 01 (other than in flashbacks) during the whole film!! This is so crazy for an Eva movie.....no Sho Goki!!! What the hell?

Someone said that Eva 13 was a fusion of Eva 01 and Mark 6 but it's clearly not....Mark6 is seen onscreen, infected by an angel and in a big fight sequence. Obviously it's not half of Eva 13!

Eva 13 certainly LOOKS a lot like 01 but I never got the impression that it was, mainly cause it lacked the POWER of 01. I think it did start some kind of "awakening" at one point, just like in HA, where the green bits becdome bright red....but still...it was nothing like the magnitude of what Eva 01 could do.

I'd say that was probably my biggest surprise....not seeing Eva 01 in action during the whole movie. That mecha is arguably the most important piece of the whole Evangelion mythos, so I really missed seeing it.

Another thing I wanted to mention....the movie didn't feel dialogue heavy to me....no more so than any other episode or movie in the series. They are ALL dialogue heavy! If anything, this one felt more sparse because the whole middle section features Shinji wandering around alone, not talking. It really did drag. Even with Kaworu, they didn't say much. I think watching it a second time will feel more tedious cause of that long middle section with no action.....just Shinji trying to befriend Rei....playing piano with Kaworu. It did heighten and illustrate his loneliness and isolation though.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Okay. So, uhh, can you be as specific as possible about this bit of dialogue, its context etc.?

As in: is that where they're apparently heading at end of film?

View Original PostLiLi wrote:On a related(?) note, IIRC Asuka detonated Eva 02. I think later on they show what might pass as the sorry remains of this unit being carried away.

Asuka herself is alive and kicking at the end of the movie. She pulls Shinji out of the entry plug and gives him the "Misato Treatment", trying (in vain) to shake him out of his shocked state. Black!Rei is also with them. IIRC, Asuka says something like, "We gotta go to a place where the Lilin can reach us". The SDAT falls at Rei's feet, she looks down, but we don't get to see whether she picks it up. Off they go leaving a trail in the sand, Asuka literally pulling Shinji by the hand/arm, Rei following.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:But you know, If I say cold things to Shinji as soon as I meet him, it's clear that he will close his heart. So I acted, while I was thinking "Misato, what has happened?", and imagining that something really terrible must have happened 14 years ago [I don't understand one point of this sentence's sytax, the meaning might be slightly different].

Even the voice actor was amazed by her attitude and she had to imagine things, Anno confirmed for shitty writing... I can already see a future retconning of the 3rd Impact scene to give some sense to this shit.
Well, I'm kinda late but thanks a lot for the translation anyway.
View Original PostKendrix wrote: seeing as the destruction didn't seem to be world-scale in the initial preview, I think he meant it at the time.

This is what I meant with shitty writing, it just didn't look THAT bad, they'll have to re-do ( the irony....) that scene to make it look like a sensed thing.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks!

Forgot already your description was that detailed to begin with.

So, uhh, how is Black!Rei towards end of the film esp. in that scene apart from having no clear reaction to SDAT? She doesn't seem quite as pod rei-ish towards the very end if the tv spot clip from final battle is to be trusted and she doesn't seem to view Asuka as enemy

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Even the voice actor was amazed by her attitude and she had to imagine things, Anno confirmed for shitty writing...

in that case nothing has changed because half of the voice cast have never understood a thing about Eva. Including Yuko Miyamura and with that pretty much Asuka's whole character (and Gendo etc.)

Shinchan, there's nothing wrong with 3I. Go read what I write about it in the other topic I made.
Last edited by Xard on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm

os189: Eva-01 is inside the giant tesseract recovered from space. You can see her briefly toward the end of the sneak peak, in the crack she forms through its outer shell. She seems to be embedded in bakelite or something.

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how Wille proceed to "process" Eva-01 after the tesseract is brought to the Wunder.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Q!Rei: My impression was that at first she was indeed annoyingly pod-person-like ("I will do it if it is an order", "I don't know", "What is 'to like'?") , but as things progressed she seemed to grow increasingly lost and confused, especially when she did not have anybody to order her what to do. Other people seemed to treat her as less than human, and Shinji seemed to give up on her completely as soon as he realized she was not "his" Rei... resent her, even.

Eventually, she somehow ended up reminding me of Rei II.

Somehow, I hope she picked up that SDAT.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm

View Original PostLiLi wrote:Q!Rei: My impression was that at first she was indeed annoyingly pod-person-like ("I will do it if it is an order", "I don't know", "What is 'to like'?") , but as things progressed she seemed to grow increasingly lost and confused, especially when she did not have anybody to order her what to do. Other people seemed to treat her as less than human, and Shinji seemed to give up on her completely as soon as he realized she was not "his" Rei... resent her, even.

Eventually, she somehow ended up reminding me of Rei II.

Somehow, I hope she picked up that SDAT.

Thanks again. Uhh, any word on the 3rd/4th Impact confusion debated above? :lol:

Kaworu_Tabris
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu_Tabris » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey guys, about a minute ago I was noticed that there's a website with the current status of Q...
It seems that there's an audio recorded of the movie and a GitHub project to translate it... check it out!

Translation (WIP): https://github.com/eva3/Evangelion--3.0-Translation

EDIT:

Sorry for posting links, the point is that there's a lot of material to work with! :) I'll be waiting for a camrip...
Last edited by Kaworu_Tabris on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 pm

One really big and illustrated spoiler xD

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:One really big and illustrated spoiler xD

Amazing.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 pm

It's a brilliant alternative, at least unit we get a cam-rip.

God I love the way Asuka's dragging Shinji away. :lol:
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 pm

The frame of Kaworu at the piano is just awesome.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 pm

I've seen worse pixiv movie summaries

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”