[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 pm

The JP Wikipedia page for Q looks to have a pretty good summary, and I'm in the process of translating it (SOOOOO much easier than 2ch ungrammatical gibberish). Given the interest in Mark.06's fate, I zeroed in on that part first, and it's so WTF I'm not going to wait until I'm done with the rest.

Eva-13, together with Mark.09 piloted by Rei Ayanami (tentative), make their way to the depths of Central Dogma, but upon seeing Lilith and Eva Mark.06 impaled on Spears, there is puzzlement owing that the Spear that should be there [the Spear of Cassius] is missing. There, they receive an attack from Asuka's upgraded Eva-02 and Mari's Eva-08, but Shinji drives them off. Kaworu tries to stop Shinji from extracting the Spears, but Shinji refuses to do so. Cutting Eva control off from Kaworu, Shinji finally pulls out the two Spears. Hereupon the 2nd Angel Lilith's body/corpse undergoes image collapse [i.e., bursts into goo], and [implied "because"??] the 12th Angel inside Mark.06 had resumed activity. When Mark.09 decapitates Mark.06, an Angel shaped like a black cable appears from within and wraps around Eva-13, but with Eva-13's awakening [wording might be off there], the 12th Angel (whose whole body is a core) is squeezed together very quickly, and then it's being eaten [lit. crunched with the teeth] [by Eva-13].

Original text:

第13号機は、アヤナミレイ(仮称)の乗るMark.09とともにセントラルドグマ最深部へ辿りつくが、カヲルはリリスとエヴァMark.06に刺さる槍を見、そこにあるべき槍ではないと困惑する。そこに、アスカの改2号機とマリの8号機の襲撃を受けるが、シンジはそれを退ける。カヲルは槍を抜くのを止めようとするが、シンジはそれを拒み、カヲルからのエヴァの制御を遮断、遂に2本の槍を抜く。すると第2使徒リリスの骸が形象崩壊し、Mark.06の体内に潜んでいた第12使徒が活動を再開した。Mark.09がMark.06の首を落とすと、黒いケーブル状の使徒が中から現れ第13号機を包み込むが、第13号機が覚醒したことで、全身がコアである第12使徒は急激に縮み、そして噛み砕かれた。

So it's like... the snake is what gets chomped on instead of the apple?
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Reichu, I have a question, I hope you know....what does that [ニア] in [ニアサードインパクト] means? It's about the Third Impact, but I don't get that nia

TheTuna
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheTuna » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Hes not in the artbook. Where everyone up to and including background extras are.

Therefore its 99.9% certain that Status: KIA.

Thing is, is he even referred to? Is Misato even partly motivated by her grief over his death?

We don't see Rei II in the artbook either and it's extremely unlikely that she's dead or, at the very least, gone.

Question: I've been seeing some people claim that there is a photo of Yui with Mari in it at some point in 3.0. Can anyone who's seen the film confirm or deny this?

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:Reichu, I have a question, I hope you know....what does that [ニア] in [ニアサードインパクト] means? It's about the Third Impact, but I don't get that nia

I'm almost certain it means "near"

as in "Near-Third Impact"

Gahh, can't they just decide on what to call that damn thing already
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:Reichu, I have a question, I hope you know....what does that [ニア] in [ニアサードインパクト] means? It's about the Third Impact, but I don't get that nia

nia = Near. Third Impact was arrested partway through by Kaworu's actions, hence what actually occurred was Near Third Impact.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 pm

NIA is just near, I think. So "near third impact", I'd assume.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:37 pm

NEARMIND :lol:
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks guys, i've been reading that nia in a lot of 2chan threads @[email protected] Damn Japanese, why they don't use the Japanese word for that lel

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 pm

What happens to Gendo and Fuyutsuki after the scene with the giant Rei head? It sounds like they just wander out of the plot after that.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:What happens to Gendo and Fuyutsuki after the scene with the giant Rei head? It sounds like they just wander out of the plot after that.

They have a decent amount of dialogue during the whole Central Dogma / 4th Impact sequence. This is pretty weird EoE-type ceremonial stuff, and, surprisingly, involving Seele! Gendo and Fuyutsuki appear to be the keepers of whatever is left of Seele. Judging from spoilers, Seele died during the timeskip and remain only as holographic data now, but more on that as we translate stuff.

Here's a little more on Mark.06 from JP Wikipedia's Evangelion units page:

『破』から『Q』の空白の14年時に自律型に改造され、槍で貫かれリリスの胴体とともにセントラルドグマ最深部に放置されていた[12]。第13号機により槍を引き抜かれた際に、体内の第12使徒が活動を再開するが、アヤナミレイ(仮称)の乗るMark.09によって首を落とされ、Mark.06は活動を停止する。(体外に出た第12使徒はエヴァ第13号機に噛み砕かれた)

Remodeled into an autonomous type during the interim between 2.0 and 3.0, impaled on a spear along with Lilith's torso and left in the depths of Central Dogma. When the Spear is pulled out by Eva-13, the 12th Angel inside it reactivates, but Mark.09, piloted by Rei Ayanami (tentative), decapitates it, and Mark.06 ceases operation. (The 12th Angel that departed its body is eaten [lit. crunched with the teeth] by Eva-13.)
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:(The 12th Angel that departed its body is eaten by Eva-12.)

what

man, every time i feel like we've got all the major spoilers somebody else comes up with something even dumber
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote: Seele died during the timeskip and remain only as holographic data now,

So no Cyborg Seele members? Yay!
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:man, every time i feel like we've got all the major spoilers somebody else comes up with something even dumber

Yui munchy time baby

You know deep down in heart you've been waiting for this ever since 2.0 denied the goods

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:03 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Yui munchy time baby

You know deep down in heart you've been waiting for this ever since 2.0 denied the goods

i mean obviously yeah but

a whole new Eva that we've heard literally nothing else about shows up and eats an angel that we've heard literally nothing else about. this doesn't come up until the film's been out for like three days??

jesus, maybe i shouldn't have been so dismissive of that dude on /a/ who keeps trying to convince everyone Asuka had kids during the timeskip

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:i mean obviously yeah but

a whole new Eva that we've heard literally nothing else about shows up and eats an angel that we've heard literally nothing else about. this doesn't come up until the film's been out for like three days??

jesus, maybe i shouldn't have been so dismissive of that dude on /a/ who keeps trying to convince everyone Asuka had kids during the timeskip

That looks like slip on Reichu's part:

体外に出た第12使徒はエヴァ第13号機に噛み砕かれた

It's Eva-13 (literally 噛み砕かれた "crunching"/"chewing" 12th Angel to death. I guess that choice of verb justifies "eaten" inference)

Eva-13 eats 12th Angel but there's no Eva-12

I agree Eva-12 would've been retarded but I for one welcome our cannibalizing Eva-13 overlord
Last edited by Xard on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Whoops, my bad. That was a stupid error, natch.

"Eaten" is just an inference; I've updated the translation to reflect what the verb literally says, as per Xard's comment.

Though, not sure what you mean about "YUI munchy time", Xard. AFAIK isn't Yui still in Eva-01?

LiLi
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm

- Time skip: yes, it is 14 YEARS, for real. It is even mentioned in the theatrical pamphlet!

- Last night I rechecked the trailer for Q included in 2.22. As per first impression, it appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with the contents of the movie I saw. The only thing that might remotely remind me of Q is the shot of Pirate Asuka standing on a high place (as per her last scenes in Q in which she stands on the dummy plug, but the facial expression seems completely different...)

Speculation: It would seem the events in the trailer took place in the interim between 2.22 and 3.0. I for one would like to see them unfold. As Q and Final were originally supposed to be shown together, they perhaps will be shown in FINAL?

- At the end of the movie, both Team GenFu and Team Wille appear to be at a stalemate of sorts, and in a sort of "This is okay for the time being, they are stuck too" mood.

- I don't know if it has been mentioned so far, there is a scene in which the SEELE monoliths turn into what looked to me like tombstones. IIRC, the 01 Monolith (only) 'speaks' before morphing.

- EvaShip: Pre-revelation, Eva alarms started going off in my head by the time the bridge crew was lifted up into something that looked very reminiscent of the inner sanctum of an entry plug - except for the fact that several people are in there.

Q was, to me, an experience of the "Eva as you have (NOT) seen it before" kind. I am looking forward to repeating it (repeatedly) to (hopefully) dive onto deeper understanding and intellectual and emotional enjoyment. :emogendo:

:EDIT: Also, re-watching the scene from 2.22 in which Shinji crawls towards salvaging Rei, I noticed a parallel with the scene in 3.0 in which he crawls (in Eva 13) toward ripping the lances off Lilith.

(Having seen the 3.0 movie first thing in the morning, maybe I was dreaming? :P)

:EDIT2: Also, been meaning to mention this: IIRC, when Asuka enters 777 mode (which I just assumed was Beast Mode at the time...) her good eye glows green, while something under the eye-patch appears to glow blue.
Last edited by LiLi on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was [email protected] at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

TheTuna
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheTuna » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I too would love to see what, exactly, happened in the interim years between 2.22 and 3.0. Sadly, I don't think we ever will.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm

View Original PostTheTuna wrote:I too would love to see what, exactly, happened in the interim years between 2.22 and 3.0. Sadly, I don't think we ever will.

Saving that for OVA's maybe.

The adventures of Asuka and Mari and the formation of Wille would fill out plenty of content.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

penguintruth
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby penguintruth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:The adventures of Asuka and Mari

I believe that's for the h-doujin artists.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”