Q Movie reactions (NO SPOILER)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 pm

No, no, and no; based on what happened with 2.0 is that it won't until the film starts to be shown outside Japan before there are any significant acts of piracy -- in practical terms, that means not until next year some time, and then it'll be a crappy eye-cancer camrip. Just contain yourself in patience until next autumn when the Japanese home video release comes out, and you can order yourself a copy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah, just chill, it's almost guaranteed that you'll be watching The Hobbit way before you get to watch Q.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:51 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:No, no, and no; based on what happened with 2.0 is that it won't until the film starts to be shown outside Japan before there are any significant acts of piracy -- in practical terms, that means not until next year some time, and then it'll be a crappy eye-cancer camrip. Just contain yourself in patience until next autumn when the Japanese home video release comes out, and you can order yourself a copy.

Will it really be that long? The home-video releases for the last two movies took less than a year to happen. And if Khara plans to release 4.0 within 2013, they might even rush the DVD/BD release of 3.0. (Unless they announced a new release date for 4.0 during the 3.0 screenings, in which case DON'T TELL ME.)
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Autumn? Wasn't the 2.0 Camrip out after less than 2 months? I could wait that much, but if it's gonna be a freakin *year*, I's seriously contemplate just reading the damn synopsis...

It#s just that this will give me a refraction of Q through someone else's viewpoint, and I#d like my viewpoint to be *mine* since I usually have my very particular interpretations anyway...

I think I did read something before seeing 2.0 and I didn't think that it took away from me being absolutely FLASHED afterwards, the person described it all a lot tamer, but...
*sigh*
*dillemma*
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Ugh. If it's really going to be that long of a wait to see the film, it almost does seem more reasonable to just read spoilers now.

zabrewolf
Embryo

Postby zabrewolf » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:25 pm

we demand to know about the important, how was the :misato_service:

edit:-------

just take a look of the images filtered and have to say it, the new suits(if are real) looks really nice,
minor Q  SPOILER: Show
Rei with darker suit looks great, the same for the other *nami girls.
Proud member of the [[ShikinamiXMakinami]] team.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:*sigh*
*dillemma*

We're waiting your for Kendrix, join the dark side!
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Autumn? Wasn't the 2.0 Camrip out after less than 2 months? I could wait that much, but if it's gonna be a freakin *year*, I's seriously contemplate just reading the damn synopsis...

Despite what most people say around here and I do believe those people are dillusional, Eva 2.0 and its first cam-rip of the complete movie didnt come out until 4 months after intial release date. We can probably expect people to cam-rip bits and pieces of the movie while we wait for the next month or two but to expect the whole movie? I dont think so..... Especially since the pirating laws in Japan are now much tougher.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:02 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Eva 2.0 and its first cam-rip of the complete movie didnt come out until 4 months after intial release date.

Actually I have the impression that it took one month, people were already talking about SUBS for the camrip, which was apparently already around, in late July, the movie came out on 27 June.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Regardless I think it will take much longer this time around due to stricter piracy laws etc. Some theaters even have infrared or night vision cameras equipped to spot those trying to take a cam-rip of the movie.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Regardless I think it will take much longer this time around due to stricter piracy laws etc. Some theaters even have infrared or night vision cameras equipped to spot those trying to take a cam-rip of the movie.

My friend and I were throwing around this idea: What if one of the projector operators in one of the Japanese movie theater were to rip the movie directly from the copies that theaters get? Would that even be possible? Do theaters use DVDs/BDs nowadays?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:My friend and I were throwing around this idea: What if one of the projector operators in one of the Japanese movie theater were to rip the movie directly from the copies that theaters get? Would that even be possible? Do theaters use DVDs/BDs nowadays?

It would actually probably be simplier than that. These days most movie theaters dont use film reels anymore and use digital projectors. In order to feed the film into the digital projectors the film is transferred from within an internal harddrive thats hooked up. For someone working in a theater they would probably just have to copy the digital file from the hard drive and get a copy that way.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 pm

The only problem would be if a high quality rip would come out so soon after the release, they would be one of the first suspects. I'm also sure that there would be some extra security measures as well such a security camera in the projection booth as one example.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Yeah, just chill, it's almost guaranteed that you'll be watching The Hobbit way before you get to watch Q.

Oh, it is. You should see all of the advertising here in New Zealand... There are flags with images of Gollum on them, they are attached to lampposts in the city.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:07 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:We're waiting your for Kendrix, join the dark side!

Read some of the synopses.
Currently on a walk through all those pesky Kübler-Ross-Phases. It's like a Rainbow-Pattern in my head, when I want to think about/write about/grasp the current phase, it keeps eluding me and something new manifests.

You can not redo. That title is very accurate.
"Permanent Damage". That's all there is to say.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby TomasJC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:52 am

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:Oh, it is. You should see all of the advertising here in New Zealand... There are flags with images of Gollum on them, they are attached to lampposts in the city.

What's even creepier is the giant Gollum hanging up in Wellington Airport. I've kind of gotten more hyped for Q, even though I will be watching The Hobbit sooner (y'know, 1 hour and half a tank of gas to Wellington, compared to 4+ hours on an expensive plane trip to Japan plus accommodation.)
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:You can not redo. That title is very accurate.
"Permanent Damage". That's all there is to say.

Oh, Shit. I was so afraid of hearing something like that.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am

Greetings all. I just registered here to discuss the movie.

I saw it yesterday in a sold out theater and due to my lousy understanding of Japanese, I was just about as lost as Shinji!

It starts off great! Then it draaggggssss and is pretty boring through the whole middle section. And it finally picks up again at the end.

Overall, it had some of the most WTF stuff we've seen since EoE, but it wasn't nearly as good as HA. I felt kind of cheated cause it goes so far off the rails from what it was implied to be.

I get the impression they are just making these up as they go along. After the first one, a boring scene-for-scene remake, the really amped it up in part two. And then they were like "Uh oh...now what?" That really shows in the new one.

It was all right, but HA is still the best of the bunch.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 am

View Original PostTomasJC wrote:What's even creepier is the giant Gollum hanging up in Wellington Airport. I've kind of gotten more hyped for Q, even though I will be watching The Hobbit sooner (y'know, 1 hour and half a tank of gas to Wellington, compared to 4+ hours on an expensive plane trip to Japan plus accommodation.)

I can just catch a bus into town... Ha. I am most certainly more interested in 3.0 than The Hobbit. I even asked my parents if I could use my own savings to purchase a plane ticket to Japan. Their answer was: "Forget it."
As for the Gollum sculpture at the airport, I have not seen it yet, except for a photograph in the Dominion Post newspaper. The last plane trip I took was before it was installed.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:I get the impression they are just making these up as they go along.
If you read the Complete Records Collection translation threads, you'll see that that is exactly what went on in Ha -- to the extent that they got an early draft together and then went "Oh, hang on a minute -- Asuka's supposed to be in here somewhere, but we were having too much fun with new stuff. Let's jam her in somehow."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”