3.0 Unexplained Stuff Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

[SPOILERS] 3.0 Unexplained Stuff Speculation

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:48 pm

This thread is not for posting any wild speculations that come to your mind.

As we know, the 3.0 looks to be devastatingly detail-packed. We're waiting on elaboration for many things, but already we can perhaps deduce that some of the elements will not be addressed in this film, if at all. This thread is for posting speculations about such details.

I will start things off by selecting a weird, inexplicable visual detail from the film (that I haven't yet seen for myself) and providing a possible explanation for it.

View Original PostOrnette via Reichu wrote:At the Third Impact site, "there's like these red Evas everywhere, looks almost as if they're made from core material. You can see armor, they're like stone statues, except not made of stone, but this red stuff."

So, Eva-01 started some kind of Impact event that, according to Ritsuko, would destroy all old life in favor of something new. All of these glowing red Evas, along with the annihilation of the Tokyo-3 populace, might be connected: perhaps the Evas were new, "deified" bodies partially formed out of Angel goo (which is provided in abundance at such impacting events; cf. 2I). All of Tokyo-3's residents would have been reborn into them, had the process not been aborted. But because Eva-01 was stopped, this army of Evas simply lay in ruin like so many aborted fetuses.

No idea why they'd have armor from the start, but... whatever.

Probably wrong, but, hey, you never know.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:52 pm

I probably already know the answer to this, but I'm assuming we got no information on Unit 07, or 10-12 did we?
Last edited by TheFriskyIan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 pm

We probably wont get an answer to, What exactly happened to Kaji?
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I probably already know the answer to this, but I'm assuming we got no information on Unit 08, or 10-12 did we?

Eva-08 is Mari's.

07 and 10-12 are missing numbers. Guess away!

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:What exactly happened to Kaji?

Died during the timeskip, would be most obvious choice. Cross fingers for elaboration in 3.33 if 3.0 really doesn't mention him at all.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Eva-08 is Mari's.

07 and 10-12 are missing numbers. Guess away!

Ooo, I meant to type Unit 07 instead of 08 cause I already knew about Unit 08. Oh well, my question is still answered regardless of the error I made.

Anno, do you not know how to count?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

penguintruth
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby penguintruth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm

What of my beloved Pen Pen? Destroyed in Third Impact?

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm

http://www.pinguins.info/Engels/Lifespan_eng.html

"The average lifespan of penguins is probably 15 to 20 years."

He led a good life.

Remember him this way

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:15 pm

-Is Rei II's soul still inside EVA-01?
-Why was EVA-01 coffin in space?
-Any mention of Nebuchadnezzar Key?
-Are Seele members really dead after the timeskip?
-What was the point of Mark 06?
-WHAT THE HELL IS GENDO'S PLAN THIS TIME?
LOL

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Eva 02 and Code 777?
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

penguintruth
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby penguintruth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:http://www.pinguins.info/Engels/Lifespan_eng.html

"The average lifespan of penguins is probably 15 to 20 years."

He led a good life.

Remember him this way

R.I.P., Pen Pen

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

(I like to think that a bio-engineered penguin might live longer, though.)
Last edited by penguintruth on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LordEvan88
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby LordEvan88 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:29 pm

What the heck is anyone doing? Seriously. What is SEELE's master plan? What is Gendo's? Why did they have to wait years to enact these plans? Did they really go 14 years between Angel attacks? None of the characters seem to have a clear endgame.

What is the deal with Mari? She came across as this really intriguing character who was unusually informed and had questionable loyalties, now it just seems like shes one of the gang for no clear reason.

I'm sure some of this will be answered once I actually get to see the film, and I'm sure a lot has been lost in translation, but the 14 year time skip has really made things way more complicated than they needed to be, especially since they decided to not age most of the core cast. A year would have been just as good, really. Enough for things to go to shit but not so long that you have to wonder why nothing has happened for so long.
"When a person cannot deceive himself the chances are against his being able to deceive other people."

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 pm

View Original PostLordEvan88 wrote:What the heck is anyone doing? Seriously. What is SEELE's master plan? What is Gendo's? Why did they have to wait years to enact these plans? Did they really go 14 years between Angel attacks? None of the characters seem to have a clear endgame.

Whenever Gendo hangs up, Kihl and co. listen to Styx and play Call of Duty games.

The code 777 thing is weird; I think it's an in-joke. Mari's code for unleashing Unit-02 was "the beast", and the number of the beast is 666. 777 can be associated with Christ (I think, I'd have to look this up), or has other significance in numerology depending on how it's interpreted.

666 is supposed to be derived from 777; the perfect man or the lamb, 777, deprived of unity, 111, becomes the Antichrist, 666.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ynnead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ynnead » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Pretty much everything about Mari is unexplained and open for speculation.

LordEvan88
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby LordEvan88 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Whenever Gendo hangs up, Kihl and co. listen to Styx and play Call of Duty games.

I have no doubt that even if the human population was decimated twice over, Activision would still find a way to release a new CoD every year.

I always figured Mari and Kaji were linked, since they both seemed to be at least double agents, I figured Kaji would be the one to eventually elaborate on her. But I am just going to assume he's dead, seeing as it reinforces Misato's unhinged state in the film and if I am wrong I get a pleasant surprise.
"When a person cannot deceive himself the chances are against his being able to deceive other people."

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm

What is the 12th Angel? The only instance it's popped up in any of the spoilers is to say that it was destroyed by the Wunder

Also, why are some Evas designed "Unit-xx" and others "Mark.xx"? Is there a (known) difference?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

View Original PostRawinder wrote:What is the 12th Angel?

It's been accounted for. See here and here.

With the "Mark" Units... Mark.09 is called out by Mari as being "the vessel of an Adam". Mark.06 is said to have had an unusual construction method, and we've speculated it to be modified from an Adam that was blown up the Moon in the geyser of blood that left the stain there.

Of course, this doesn't take into account Eva-01 "pseudo-evolving" (implied: going back to a previous state) into something suspiciously like one of the Adams, and not being designated "Mark".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:I have a suspicion about Mari and Kaji. I think this Wille organization was in the works for a while now, and they were members long before everything went to shit. But who knows.

Hm that makes sense. Also would explain why that crew member knew Kaji.

Grub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Grub » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 am

View Original PostYnnead wrote:Pretty much everything about Mari is unexplained and open for speculation.

My current speculation is that Anno wanted a new Sexy Evangelion Girl for Rebuild, for sexy's sake and merchandise's sake.

If he/they decide on anything for her as a major character, it'll basically be out of their ass. Basically a lump of anime character-istics to mold into whatever they like. If they ever choose to. Which they'll probably decide they have to.
"The closer you resemble a samurai, the higher your chances for survival." -Carl Sagan (What the!?)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”