4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 pm

𝄇 vs :𝄂  is a bit different, yeah, but I don't see why they'd drop the colon if they've had it there for the previous three titles. I'm still thinking it's a final barline, given that and the designation "Final", but whether it's a repeat or not, my larger point was that's not a coda.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:14 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'll just leave this here:
SPOILER: Show

I don't know what it says but it seems to be related. :lol:

From ANN;
The theatrical pamphlet for Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (Evangelion Shin Gekijō-ban Q), the third film in Hideaki Anno and Khara's four-part remake of Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion series, revealed the title for the next film on Saturday. The fourth and final film is titled Shin Evangelion Gekijō-ban : || (シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版𝄇). The symbol at the end of the title is used in music to denote repetition after reaching the end of a measure.

Great Shinchan, you spoiled the ending.

If what Kaworu said was true, then that means that Spear of Longinus x 2 = 4i. Meanwhile, Spear of Longinus + Cassius = Reset and fix. That said, if what Kaworu said is true (and it probably is) and what he said about "meeting again" is also right, then Shinji will be wandering around searching for the Cassius copy Kaworu brought from the moon.

Would explain the "wandering" part too. He's going to find the real Spear of Cassius and reset for once, "Rebuilding" the place...

Makes sense.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Wouldn't they have left the Spear of Cassius in Eva-01 when they sent her into space? The tesseract is big enough to accommodate it, looks like. Maybe Will-e removed it off-screen when they unloaded Eva-01 and are safekeeping it as part of their arsenal for whatever Nerv have in store.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Rebuilding the rebuild universe to pre-what? Third Impact? Second Impact?. Not switching it back to some other previous universe thats for sure.

Sequel Theory? Pah, Im on for Prequel Theory :D

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

You can (not) repeat.
Anno, are you trolling?
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Given how hectic things have been in EGF I hadn't had time to check out /a/'s reactions in good while. LOL they're going at Eva thread part 25 or something.

It's all non-stop buttmad shipperfaggotry too

Anonymous 11/17/12(Sat)15:32 No.74886642

>>74886454
she didn't hog any screen time. shes a fucking useless character. And no Kaworu was used for fan serivce, he fucking appears randomly out of nowhere and takes away screen time for the real love interests. Mari is not even devolved so how do you fucking even know that she could of been a character like that? Also during the time it would of made sense for Asuka to show love for him, it would of built the characters up.

yup, back to EGF for now. At least in here it isn't retarded Rei vs Asuka vs homolust haters vs mari is Shinji's daughter non-stop slugfest

though really

lol :lol:
Last edited by Xard on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:44 pm

^EGF is peaceful compared to /a/.

View Original PostReichu wrote:Wouldn't they have left the Spear of Cassius in Eva-01 when they sent her into space? The tesseract is big enough to accommodate it, looks like. Maybe Will-e removed it off-screen when they unloaded Eva-01 and are safekeeping it as part of their arsenal for whatever Nerv have in store.

So does that mean Shinji may possibly go against Wille Again?

he seems to be on thin ice with them as it is.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:46 pm

TOPIC, BITCHES
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Adam
Lilith

Postby Adam » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Why would they go from Rebuild's funky Japanese letters ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版 (ヱ and ヲ) to old style シン•エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 (エ and オ) again? To imply it's the new old theater movie edition?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:Why would they go from Rebuild's funky Japanese letters ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版 (ヱ and ヲ) to old style シン•エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 (エ and オ) again? To imply it's the new old theater movie edition?

I wonder how I ended up missing this, probably I was just looking at the Shin/Sin part... Anyway this is surely NOT giving any relation to the old series, I'm sure of it, yup.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:58 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Wouldn't they have left the Spear of Cassius in Eva-01 when they sent her into space? The tesseract is big enough to accommodate it, looks like. Maybe Will-e removed it off-screen when they unloaded Eva-01 and are safekeeping it as part of their arsenal for whatever Nerv have in store.

It could've been taken off by NERV as soon as that happened, it sounds as if Kaworu knew it was there (or would be there). At any rate, if a reset is to happen, Shinji will have to get the LoC out of the place it currently rests in.

You can (not) repeat.
Anno, are you trolling?

Rather obvious, isn't it...?
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Someone start a speculation thread for 4, I'm writing ideas down in a notepad.

If someone doesn't do it by like 2 am EST though I'll start one and dump my entire speculation thing in it. (And probably look retarded while doing so)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Just post the speculation in here. The thread won't get much mileage otherwise, will it?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 pm

So why does Gendo have a Keel visor? Did he lose his sight in the timeskip? Or maybe he's being brainwashed by Keel Lorenz and that visor is Seele's way of monitoring/controlling him. Is Keel still alive? He could have died in the timeskip.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'll just leave this here:

I don't know what it says but it seems to be related. :lol:

It looks like a story path for Rebuild, if Rebuild was a visual novel or choice-making game instead of a series of films. Basically the choices have pretty much the same outcome until 4.0, where it'll all either reach a Happy Ending (think the Good End from VN) or go back to the beginning of 1.0 with everything reset (think Bad End or True End).I 'm not sure what's the differenence between the "You Can" and "You Can (Not)" paths though. Maybe the "You Can" paths represent films with endings which are the opposite of the real film endings.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Well, if Reichu's okaying it, here's me summing up what I think 4.0's going to be.

4.0 will be a 2 hour long movie, longest of the Rebuild series. It's going to involve Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and (Possibly) Mari searching for the way to undo 4i and 3i, possibly undoing 2i as well, they'll meet up with WILLE again and Misato will be pissed Shinji isn't dead, but when she notices his mental state her liking towards him will come out (finally) and she'll attempt to cheer him up. He'll tell her about the whole possible undoing of 4i and 3i and they'll start searching for the other spear, Shinji will be accepted into the group but still be given the cold shoulder by a few people. (Along with Rei) They'll go and eventually find it, NERV and SEELE will go and fight against them, but Shinji and either Asuka or Rei will get into Unit 13 (Or whatever the dual one is) And fight against them, they'll get the spears and activate whatever they need, but then some crazy shit will go down with Shinji and Asuka (Or Rei) being broken down mentally and going insane. Komm Susser Todd like sequence. ONLY, NO ONE IS TANG'D, JUST CROSSES PENETRATE THE EARTH AND THERE'S A GIANT LILITH Rei THING.

-Intermission-

Shinji will wake up and have a simillar post Komm Susser Todd experience, with him conversing with Yui, Rei II, and Asuka (Or, again, Rei III or whatever number we're at now) and they'll be in some sort of dimension outside of time. Here they'll explicitly state that this was either a sequel, or they won't mention it and it will be confirmed not a sequel, either way, they'll be taken back to post final impact on the earth, but everything will be green and water will be blue. What happened was the final impact essentially renewed the earth and brought it back to its prime for humans. Everyone that died due to 3i and 4i are brought back, same with Kaworu, and it's all a happy end after that.
Then Shinji wakes up on a red beach and Asuka (or Rei) is lying beside him, and the ending of EoE happens, because Anno likes pissing off his fans.

This is just what I think could possibly happen though. Also, it'd be implied at some point this all happened before, and in place of the sequel theory, they'd say Kaworu was the only survivor of it before and came back due to the coffins on the moon.

Or it could turn into an endless timeloop with coffins being a sign of that.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Course we'll have to see if any of this is actually in the next movie.

Giving Shinji hope? Doing that in a way that isn't running away is going to be one hell of a trick.

We do need a speculation thread. Both me and my friend brainstormed something up. And then there's the idea I came up with solo.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am

Those hybrid things/frankensteins may be the remains of the unaccounted EVAs.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 am

Going back to whether the : is included with the Final barline symbol or not. If the : is included it means repeat once then it is done. However.... all the other films had a : before the 'Jo' or 'Ha' or 'Q'. So, given that those already had one and weren't musical notation, why include the : with the Final barline? Honestly it'd have to be two of them, like :: to really say that. But it is fun to tease the notion of it being double meaning, and that one wouldn't want to clumzily write out :: if instead they could have more double meaning fun like they've been doing with the other titles.

But I think we have to accept that the default reading of this is that the : just indicates the transition to the name of the movie, not inclusion within that name. So one should not assume the clever cheeky double meaning is true, I think.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Evangelion: FINAL page on Evas website has been updated with the new title, and the release date has been removed.

FINAL confirmed to be released with HL 2: E3.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Seems like Mari lives and Anno will make her and Asuka double-pilot after all.
Sigh. I was looking forward to seeing her interact with Shinji, it looked like there was an interesting dynamic in the making. No such luck.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”