[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

View Original PostGezora wrote:Or they are just making a preview out of their rough draft ideas.

Bingo.

Same happened with 2.0 and Macross Frontier films so I'm already starting to suspect this is more industry standard than anything. They animate a "in next film!" section at the same time as the film way before production on the "next film" starts. So they're rough sketches at best, it seems

Now it might be different with 3.0 and 4.0 if they're actually working on them in tandem and the film actually gets out next year

but who knows, maybe the Final will grace us with its presence in 2015 after all :hohum:

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 am

Glad to see you back, LiLi! We really missed you. Nice to see you've managed to watch 3.0 right there just as you hoped when you were leaving for Japan a few years ago. And with a brand new K/S-piloted EVA, too :wink:

Just... wow. Definitely not the direction I would have liked NME to follow, but at least it looks like the new movie will be fun to watch.

Also, special thanks to Reichu, Xard and Symbv for your translations! I did take a look at the Japanese text as soon as the spoilers were posted here, but the grammar sure looked horrible. Nice work, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am

View Original Postath wrote:Also, special thanks to Reichu, Xard and Symbv for your translations! I did take a look at the Japanese text as soon as the spoilers were posted here, but the grammar sure looked horrible. Nice work, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

It's some of the worst grammar I've ever seen - and I'm used to reading Japanese tweet streams and the like with their thousand odd permutations on normal words (kyawawawatan for kawaii is quite something). It's like the guy from whom these late spoilers mostly come from just dumped whatever came to his mind without any care for the form or structure.

Plus it really annoys me now my mistranslations like:

・シンジ回想自室でいじけている所にカヲルが来て首輪を外し自分に付け2
本の槍が必要とか説得し名前で呼び合う
Shinji is reminiscencing in his room and feeling sorry for himself when Kaworu comes, fixes his unfastened collar

are going around on pastebins.

I was puzzling over that collar part for ages because I didn't think Kaworu taking collar/choker from Shinji and putting it on himself would make any sense! Especially since I thought this was supposed to be some sort of yaoi vibe scene with Kaworu getting on Shinji's skin.

Now looking at it カヲルが来て首輪を外し自分に付け clearly says Kaworu takes it off Shinji and fixes it on himself but derp. It was very very late night at that point already so I'm giving myself a break.
Last edited by Xard on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am

http://pastebin.com/jymNubZb

Most complete and reliable spoilers so far
LOL

ohnasti
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohnasti » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:39 am

I still believe its a Sequel, and the Time skip has to be some witchcraft.
Read the entire 41 page's.
my mind is super Stable, no problems at all.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Plus it really annoys me now my mistranslations like:

・シンジ回想自室でいじけている所にカヲルが来て首輪を外し自分に付け2
本の槍が必要とか説得し名前で呼び合う
Shinji is reminiscencing in his room and feeling sorry for himself when Kaworu comes, fixes his unfastened collar
So, it's not a Marimite homage after all. What a disappointment.

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Upon returning, Shinji wakes up and realizes he's the most hated person on Earth.
At least there's more than one other person around to hate him this time.

Of course that train of thought, that's a different motivation for the beach scene at the end of EoE.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Real wings? Aren't those of that Diving Suit or whatever she used in the series?

Not sure if they were real wings. The scene happened very quickly. There's this room that had an imprint of an Eva, sort of lying on its back, arms spread wide, in the shape of a cross. Then a quick flashback of Yui in some sort of plug suit being lowered towards the core, the wings may have just been part of the plugsuit/tethering apparatus.

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

Okay, so I saw the movie and read about half of this thread, but even then I'm still not entirely sure what's going on. Because my Japanese level meant I could only understand about 60-% of the dialogue, it's hard for me to tell if the things I don't understand are genuine plot mysteries or just language fuck-ups.

Apologizes if any of these have been answered already.

How does the "curse of Eva" work? I can't think of any established aspect of the Evas that would make the pilots not age.

What happened to the rest of the world after the third impact? We know that it caused massive damage, but int he film that didn't really show anything from the "normal" world. How many people are even left at this point?

What was the point of the giant Rei head?

I'm assuming Kaworu was under orders from Seele to befriend Shinji and convince him to pull the lance and trigger fourth impact. But why did he stop and keep saying that there was something "strange" about the lance? His quick change of behavior feels suspiciously like the grand mystery of Kaworu's true intentions in episode 24.

There are probably more things I'm confused about but these were the first things to come to mind. I have a feeling I won't actually be satisfied until I can watch again with English subtitles.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:How does the "curse of Eva" work?

The girls stay 14, and Anno doesn't get death threats from otaku who are outraged that their waifu is now an old hag, is how it works.

In universe, it's something to do with LCL exposure that we wouldn't have seen in the few months' span of the original series.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am

What is the 12th Angel, anyway? The 11th is Funniel (the space Angel and its robot missile mini Angels) but the 12th hasn't been mentioned at all, outside of tgat it was destroyed, nor has it been seen in any images.

About the giant Rei head, I read somewhere on this forum that part of Lilith's condition is that she's lost her head (literally) as well as rotting. So the giant Rei head may be Lilith's head in GNR mode. If you look at the closeups of her from 2.0 you can she has red eyes,like Rei. Of course, since the Rei=Lilith thing hasn't been fully established yet it could be something different.
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Not sure if they were real wings. The scene happened very quickly. There's this room that had an imprint of an Eva, sort of lying on its back, arms spread wide, in the shape of a cross. Then a quick flashback of Yui in some sort of plug suit being lowered towards the core, the wings may have just been part of the plugsuit/tethering apparatus.

Thank you for the reply, I kinda suspected that it could have been hard to say.
BTW, I'm referring to this:
SPOILER: Show

just in case someone doesn't remember/know what the "dive suit" is.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Pomme
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Pomme » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 am

View Original Postbalofo wrote:http://pastebin.com/jymNubZb

"Relationship Kaoru and Shinji even more platonic and detached than in the original series."

I'm done...Oh really Anno, why did you this ?! I was expected some "light yaoi" scene ! We got a Kaji / Shinji thing on the second movie (it wasn't necessary at all) and nothing here ?!

I'm disappointed *sob* we still have some Cassino yaoï...

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:04 pm

View Original Postbalofo wrote:http://pastebin.com/jymNubZb

I wouldn't trust it so quickly, I found the grammar difficult to understand and some of the statements may just be the author's opinion.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I wouldn't trust it so quickly, I found the grammar difficult to understand and some of the statements may just be the author's opinion.

It's translated from Russian, so if anyone here can work from the original source, we can work around the grammatical hiccups. The summary does seem pretty complete (not 100% detailed, but pretty useful), and the opinion section is explicitly marked.

Trying to compile a synopsis for the wiki page would be a pretty good idea at this point... I think we have enough to work with.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote: Some of the stuff that kind of bugged me was the battleship, which seemed to have come out of nowhere, and Shinji being pretty much an idiot throughout the entire movie.

The next time preview has an Eva that looks like the pink Eva and Eva-02 stiched together fighting a bunch of other Evas that all look alike, probably an Eva series? They don't look like harpiess though.

Thanks for the update Ornette. So yeah you have WILL-E's battleship called the AAA Wunder (what a stupid name) and in thes screencaps from the movie program some other contemporary US and Japanese naval destroyers and cruisers floating in the sky with it? Is there a reason why other ships are floating in the sky beside AAA Wunder?

And Shinji is an unresponsive idiot again....no big surprise there. With Unit 02 all I can say is....it seems like its the Red Eva that can't die despite going through so much shit....

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Is there a reason why other ships are floating in the sky beside AAA Wunder?
Warships are to Anno what aeroplanes are to Miyazaki. And besides, they've known since the 1940s that you need airborne naval units to deal with flying kaiju.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

So the Eva Series return for a rematch with Eva 02 (or rather a fight with 8+2). Kind of sad they ditched the harpy design though, it really helped to communicate their bestial nature and made them more disturbing than regular Evas. If they just fight a bunch of identical Evas it'll just be a big giant robot fight.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

dhazard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dhazard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Couple of thoughts: two teams against each other reminds me of rahxephon; also the non aged pilots vs kamina ayato being young bc time flows different in tokyo jupiter (isolation as in eva 01 for Shinji) and the uniforms' design reminded me also of this particular anime. Just had to put it out there to see if someone agrees and found other similarities
Okaeri, Ikari Shinji-kun, mateita

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:32 pm

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A8% ... 5%99%A8%29

jp wiki has been updated with info for the EVAs that appears on Q. Looks like the new Beast Mode(feline features, including a tail) for 02 is activated by Code 777.
LOL

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:33 pm

WILL-E
I know it's probably too late since it already seems to have stuck, but could we please try not to separate the E? "Wille" (will) is a perfectly normal German word, fits the usual organization naming pattern, and I doubt they meant to go for WALL-E comparisons. ^^;
The scans also showed "Wille's People".

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”