[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:IIRC, first he does impale the Eva 13 to close the Door (Shinji also seems to feel this), but then he does die by going 'splodey. All the red goo/blood gets splattered against the invisible barrier between him and Shinji... which Shinji is attached to. Ouch.

His death seems really the most gruesome thing that ever happened in the Eva universe, I'm already starting to feel bad...
View Original PostLiLi wrote:Oh, IIRC, before he dies he does tell Shinji, "We can meet again".

Gooood, this was something I was looking forward to, it's exactly something I can picture Kaworu saying.

Once again, thanks, I really appreciate it.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Apparently this didn't happen, they trolled you, pictures from that book show a perfectly alive Asuka that recovers Shinji from the entry plug after 4th Impact, there's also an illustration which apparently shows Shinji and Asuka hand in hand...
Shinji, Kaworu and Rei apparently fought against Asuka and Mari but they didn't kill each other, or so I heard.
So the 28 year old in teenage body Asuka is real (I mean the pic you can see in Yaraon) ? Strange because everyone else (except Rei) look much older....

Well, at least now I see my motivation to see Coda fired up again LOL

In case you have the Japanese 2ch spoiler about that part (or any part that is not in the first 2 posts in this thread), mind pointing out to me? Since I do not seek out the spoilers myself, I may have missed some important ones (like the Asuka one) while read some bad ones (I suspect some of the first posts in this thread are actually bad info?)
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:27 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:4.o Preview: The only thing I remember about the preview for the next movie is a terrible, terrible half pink/half red Eva.... Maybe I hallucinated it.... *sporks eyes*

Thanks for a lot of the clarifications, LiLi, though I'm wondering how to take this. Seeing as Final (or :||, whatever you want to call it) is coming relatively sooner than 2.0 to 3.0 according to Khara, I wonder if anything from the preview will appear in Final. Something like a new Eva being promised must appear in the final product, right?

Though as you said, 3.0 seemed to contain close to nothing of what was in the preview from 2.0 and that was all significant plot changes to us back then. So I'm not sure how to take information regarding the final film preview.

Though again, thank you for the info. Every time I hear more about the Kaworu death I feel a little sick.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:So the 28 year old in teenage body Asuka is real (I mean the pic you can see in Yaraon) ? Strange because everyone else (except Rei) look much older...

It's interesting how some of the characters have changed. Misato hasn't aged outside of tying her hair back, Ritsuko went emo, etc. Aoba looks exactly like my guitar teacher lol.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:4.o Preview: The only thing I remember about the preview for the next movie is a terrible, terrible half pink/half red Eva.... Maybe I hallucinated it.... *sporks eyes*
So there really is the pie-crust promise that Coda Evangelion:|| is going to have EVA8+2 with Asuka/Mari gattai action.

---
Hooking back to earlier in the thread -- if LCL really does inhibit the aging process, then Ritsu's youthful looks are explained (just mix it in her moisturizer). Maybe explains Gendo's lack of grey, if he shampoos in the stuff.

Mind you it also means he's a bigger bastard than we ever credited, because it's clear he hasn't let Kozo in on the secret.

---

Kaworu's last words -- well, if they have a tank full of him, they could be literally true.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:---
Hooking back to earlier in the thread -- if LCL really does inhibit the aging process, then Ritsu's youthful looks are explained (just mix it in her moisturizer). Maybe explains Gendo's lack of grey, if he shampoos in the stuff.

Mind you it also means he's a bigger bastard than we ever credited, because it's clear he hasn't let Kozo in on the secret.

Maybe that's why Misato, Ritsuko and possibly Kaji (in the preview) look young despite being the wrong side of 40.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:In case you have the Japanese 2ch spoiler about that part (or any part that is not in the first 2 posts in this thread), mind pointing out to me? Since I do not seek out the spoilers myself, I may have missed some important ones (like the Asuka one) while read some bad ones (I suspect some of the first posts in this thread are actually bad info?)

Yeah, early spoilers mixed up real stuff with made up or misunderstood events, a quite effective trolling strategy or slightly silly mistakes. Unfortunately I can't find the 2ch spoilers about Asuka, maybe Xard could post them for you when he comes back to life (he exhausted himself yesterday doing translations and finding spoilers on 2ch until late night).
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:3.0 Preview: I honestly could find very little, if any, relation between the actual movie and the preview included in 2.0...

Anyone else get the feeling that somewhere between the release of 2.00 and now that Anno completely ripped up the script for 3.0. Maybe he had something sequel-theory related in mind but when he saw the fandom had second-guessed him big time he went in a completely different direction.

That preview was not intended as a trolling, it merely became one.

Nevertheless:
ANNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:40 am

It seems Kaji will get the same treatment as Touji and just give small hints at what happened to him.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:41 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that somewhere between the release of 2.00 and now that Anno completely ripped up the script for 3.0. Maybe he had something sequel-theory related in mind but when he saw the fandom had second-guessed him big time he went in a completely different direction.

That preview was not intended as a trolling, it merely became one.

Yeah, notging from the preview has appeared in the movie as far as we know. The concept of Nerv staff being imprisoned and Eva-06 descending to Dogma were recycled as the pre-timeskip plot and Eva-13 retrieving the Spear(s) though. By the way, where'd the second Spear in Lilith come from? She only had one in 1.0.

And I'm nothing like you

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 am

Some more photos which probably haven't been already posted, Mari and Kaworu:
SPOILER: Show

So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 am

Nice, although I'm still not sure about Asuka's eyepatch. Is she hiding something, or did she lose an eye to Bardiel?

And I'm nothing like you

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 am

How nice, there are also tons of text in this pamphlet, it's impossible to read it in these pics though.

As someone on /a/ pointed out he DIDN'T have that f#cking collar in the trailer.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

DemonSpade
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DemonSpade » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 am

So... do we like it?

I know I do. Stupid flying ships aside.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 am

Well wasnt Shinji basically energy/soul inside the eva ? hence he doesnt age, and Asuka contact with the angel may had a similar effect on her

BTW can we make a separed picture thread ?
Last edited by bladerj on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANATA BAKA !?

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:08 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Nice, although I'm still not sure about Asuka's eyepatch. Is she hiding something, or did she lose an eye to Bardiel?

I think its a Doctor Who-type thing. Like, data perception, or something?

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Well wasnt Shinji basically energy/soul inside the eva ? hence he doesnt age, and Asuka contact with the angel may had a similar effect on her

Kids who pilot an Eva don't age.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:11 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:^
EDIT: OMG, Lili! Welcome back! So, that collar thing was a hoax?

@spiderman is cool: do you mind it if we start asking some questions? Is it clear how that collar was activated? What did you think of this Rei, some impression or more details about her? Lastly, the silly question: did they use An Die Freude/Ode to Joy?

Just had to look through the book I got at the theater to see if anything in it would help me on the collar activation because, frankly, I couldn't exactly tell how it got activated. Shinji tries to come over into Kawaru's side of the plug but is blocked off, is quite distraught when Kawaru goes boom too. Seems like they had some time to say their goodbyes at least.

As far as Rei goes, I'm definitely confused on this one. Once I get to see a translation I'm sure I'll have a better idea on what was going on with Rei. She was wearing a black plug suit in most of the movie. What's wierd is in the book that I have (everyone keeps posting pictures of it on here) Rei Ayanami is listed as "tentative name: Rei Ayanami" not sure what that's about. Also, there is a scene with Shinji playing Shogi with Fuyutsuki and you can see Yui, as well as about a million Rei body parts similair to the scene in the TV show. So I'm not exactly sure who the Rei is in this movie, but I'm going to assume it's the one that Shinji rescued at the end of 2.0.

And yes it does play Ode to Joy (or at least something very close to it, lots going on during that part) so it was pretty reminiscent of the scene in the TV show in that respect.

Sorry if that's not really clear, I am learning Japanese right now and much of this movie went over my head. But I did thoroughly enjoy it. It's something fresh and different.
Last edited by spiderman is cool on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:12 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Misato should look at herself before judging others, who was encouraging Shinji during those events? Hypocrite bitch.

Exactly my thoughts. Count me in your anti-Misato ranks!
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

dhazard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dhazard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am

14 years since the event... I don't know, but i suppose final will have flashbacks as the last part of the original series did...
Okaeri, Ikari Shinji-kun, mateita

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”