[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 am

I've been thinking more about what's been revealed about Shinji and Kaworu going to take the spears out of Lilith. I realize I'm going on thirdhand information, but what I can piece together so far doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

If they've been tricked into doing it under the guise of fixing the world somehow, as has been suggested in some spoiler posts, then they're both complete idiots. They would have to somehow assume, given the totally screwed up state the world is apparently in, that if it was remotely safe, someone else with access to it would have just done it already, and that the two of them wouldn't be getting forcibly prevented from doing it themselves by a group of people Shinji ostensibly cares about.

On the other hand, if Shinji is completely aware that it'd cause an impact or had the possibility of resetting the world to get Rei back (...again) at everyone's expense, he's officially entered the territory of Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith.

Hopefully it makes a bit more sense in the actual film.

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am

Some questions I wonder about:

1) If most of Gendo's staff left him, who's staying with him at NERV?

2) Who in 3.0 is using the NERV phone? If most people left NERV, then it's either Kaworu / Gendo / Fuyutsuki ?

3) Key of Nebuchadnezzar from 2.0 - what happened to it?

4) Anything mentioned about the moon or caskets on the moon?

5) Did the movie at least try to go into detail about what is under Asuka's eye?
(There was a probably bogus statement, that she just wears it for fashion)

6) Did Shinji even try to apologize to Asuka?

7) Kaji? You in there?

8) Is Anno just doing this so he can do a spin-off show on the 14-years inbetween?

People are focusing too much on the ending/Kaworu part that it makes it seem that nothing happened in the remaining 95% of the movie
Last edited by deeRez on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
In and of itself, self-evident.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 am

A lot of imagery here is reminiscent of EoE. There's a giant severed Rei head, Instrumentality starts, and everything becomes a big wasteland. Except now Shinji can choose between Asuka and Rei to repopulate the Earth. They'll probably try to fix the whole mess in 4.0, but it seems humanity is mostly extinct after 3.0, which creates the possibility that some of the main cast may be dead (if they weren't in 3.0).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:24 am

Avast ye scurvy dogs! What be of Pen Pen?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:25 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:The severed head is probably the unhelmeted head of Eva-00 that got spat out by Zeruel

As I noted (though easy for it to be lost in the hubbub), the 10th Angel just spits out a hollow helmet casing. The face plate and everything that had been behind it is gone. Watch the scene again. I'm too tired to make an animated GIF.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:As I noted (though easy for it to be lost in the hubbub), the 10th Angel just spits out a hollow helmet casing. The face plate and everything that had been behind it is gone. Watch the scene again. I'm too tired to make an animated GIF.

Hey, Reichu any news on Kaji? He seems noticeably absent from like everything.

Nando
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nando » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 am

I have to say, reading this thread today has probably given me the enjoyment of an entire film all by itself. The movie sounds like it's quite a spectacle, and I have enough tolerance for the changes Rebuild has brought that I can put aside any opinions I have on them and just enjoy it.

I've also eagerly been following the posting of the art pages from that book. Has the Mari page from that become available anywhere yet? I've been looking for it all day, to no luck.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:As I noted (though easy for it to be lost in the hubbub), the 10th Angel just spits out a hollow helmet casing. The face plate and everything that had been behind it is gone. Watch the scene again. I'm too tired to make an animated GIF.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted (people usually post loads in the time it takes me to type). It is very EoE-esque, which might be a plus for sequel theory, or it could be a failed attempt to clone Yui/Rei. It may also be related to GNR and Lilith, or to the Adams. Maybe the thing in Terminal Dogma is actually an Adam (hence the Sachiel mask) and the severed head is the heaf of GNR/ Lilith..
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 am

Yep. I've decided to just enjoy it for what it is as a wild spectacle and just not worry about it. Classic eva will always be there for me, along with all the other crazy spinoffs like angelic days, girlfriend of steel, DC>EoE, Sadamoto's manga, the one where it's an catholic school and evas are guns, etc.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

LowerDefinition17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LowerDefinition17 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:35 am

this thread caused me to log in for the first time in over 3 years haha

goddamn, people are having a field day with these speculations
My AMV

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

PolarisX
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PolarisX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 am

I go to work and come back to total chaos. I really hope Asuka is okay though... I can't even watch the harpies in EoE anymore, I always hope it turns out different when I do.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:38 am

View Original PostPolarisX wrote:I go to work and come back to total chaos. I really hope Asuka is okay though... I can't even watch the harpies in EoE anymore, I always hope it turns out different when I do.

She's fine.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 am

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Hey, Reichu any news on Kaji? He seems noticeably absent from like everything.

Not having any luck finding stuff on him yet. Did find this, though...

ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Qでは旧名は綾波ユイ。
In Evangelion New Theatrical Edition: Q, her maiden name is Yui Ayanami.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:She's fine.

Yeah, she's shockingly on top of things this time.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Abicion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abicion » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am

View Original PostXard wrote:I guess you didn't get the whole memo about "destroying" Eva way back when?

But it's so outside of the original Eva mythos at this point with its timeskipping and dropping dozens of new characters and... Space Battleship Yamato references that it barely has anything to do with Eva anymore.

That's not really destroying Eva's plot so much as it is diluting it.

MagmaLemur
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MagmaLemur » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:The severed head is probably the unhelmeted head of Eva-00 that got spat out by Zeruel, but it's also awfuly reminiscent of the closing scenes of EoE.

Does anyone else think that maybe the Giant Rei head is possibly the head of unit-9 (since it is missing it's head). Just a suggestion that I am throwing out there.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 am

Just in on Eva's Yahoo page. KxS Buttsex is confirmed. Happy birthday Shinchan!
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 am

Yui Ayanami so she took Gendo's last name?

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 am

From that board:
WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS HERE, CLICK BACK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE EXPOSED TO THIS

Evangelion 3.0 happens 14 years after the incident of "unstable" third impact.

World has been destroyed harshly again as a result of third impact.

What's interesting is that Mari, Asuka, Shinji hasn't aged a bit and it might be because of the "curse" of eva's?

Nerv is officially dissolved, but still exist and trying to create FOURTH IMPACT

Shinji gets rescued by Misato, but he quickly noticed that Misato and other people "hate" him and decided ran to Nerv with Rei.

Kaworu, Rei and Shinji remain as pilots of Nerv as well as Gendo, and Fuyutsuki.

However, Misato now 45 years old and Ritsuko overthrows Nerv and creates an organization called "WILL E" (not "WALL-E") and tries to DESTROY Evas and wanting to stop Fourth Impact from happening. WILL E has two Eva's and Warship called Wunder (in German i think)
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 am

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:Just in on Eva's Yahoo page. KxS Buttsex is confirmed. Happy birthday Shinchan!

bloody 'ell
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”