[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 pm

BTW, I just thought: This whole Shinji being younger and time skip reminds me of another Anno-anime, Gunbuster.

I guess that reduces the pain at least a little bit.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 pm

・シンジ目を覚ますとネルフ本部の白い部屋綾波が立っている
Shinji wakes up, inside white room in Nerv HQ Ayanami is standing [I presume they’re same room but the sentence order is so weird I can’t be entirely sure. It’s also possible Shinji wakes up and starts wandering around and finds Rei from some “white room”]
・綾波について行くシンジジオフロントなのに空が見えるボロボロの基地ピアノの音が聞こえカヲル登場
[While] Following Ayanami Shinji stares up from Geofront to sky he can see due to crumbling state of base, he hears sound of piano playing and Kaworu appears
・ついて行くとゲンドウと球体(13号機)時が着たら2人でこれに乗れと言われる
By following [Rei? Kaworu?] he arrives to Gendou and “Orb” (No. 13) and he’s told by two to pilot it [okay only way to make to sense of this is to assume 球体/kyuutai is referring to Eva-13 but…why球体? That basically means orb/sphere and quick googling didn’t bring up any eva specific meaning to word]
・綾波にお礼を言うため探すシンジシャッターを開けたら綾波全裸
Shinji searches for Ayanami in order to express gratitude to her and ends up opening shutters - there’s nude Ayanami
・ゲンドウと冬月がゼーレの所にいるがゼーレは沈黙
Gendo and Fuyutsuki are at SEELE’s place but SEELE remains silent
・ピアノをやろうと誘うカヲル、「君と同じ運命を仕組まれた子供さ」ピアノの映像楽譜が流れ自室でも練習をするシンジ
Kaworu invites Shinji to play piano, “We’re both children with same pre-arranged fate” Music video playing [in the background?] Shinji practices piano in his room
・カヲルにラジカセ治すように渡す夕方になりそろそろ帰らないとと促すカヲルシンジは星を見ようと提案
Kaworu wants to fix cassette player and evening passes along until it looks like Shinji should leave home, this prompts Kaworu to ask Shinji come watch stars with him.
・次の朝服を着替えているとでかい事に気付き名札に鈴原トウジの名があり驚く
Next morning while changing clothes Shinji is surprised by familiar name Suzuhara Touji on name tag
・カヲルに真実を聞きサードインパクトの光景を見せられる辺り一面真赤エヴァの残骸の様なものも多数
From Kaworu Shinji hears the truth and he shows the scene of Third Impact – as far as one can see there are countless things that look like glowing remains of Eva
・Qレイともう一人レイLCLに浸かっている
Q Rei and one another Rei are immersed in LCL
・冬月と将棋31手先で積みこれなら楽しめるかと崩し将棋をやり始め母の事を聞き写真をシンジに見せる
Fuyutsuki tells Shinji about his mother who’d giddily play Shogi with 31 pawns as well as start playing shogi kuzushi – he also shows him a video [okay I admit literal understanding is way beyond me as I don’t know shit about shogi, I’m not even sure if the bit about 31 pawns is about playing with 31 as opposed to normal 42 set or something else, “shogi kuzushi” seem to be some specific form of shogi going by Japanese wiki. Point is Yui enjoyed Shogi a lot and seemed to have gleeful, finger rubbing attitude to playing it with Fuyutsuki. I also presume shashin is video and not photo due to what follows but again not sure]
背景にエヴァのプロトタイプで綾波シリーズや母が初号機にいる事を伝えるゲンドウは巨大綾波の生首に話しかけている
In the background Gendo - who tells about how in Eva Prototype there’s [member of?] Ayanami series and within Eva-01 there’s [Shinji’s] mother - is talking to gigantic severed head of Ayanami [DUUUUUUUUUDE]
・シンジ回想自室でいじけている所にカヲルが来て首輪を外し自分に付け2本の槍が必要とか説得し名前で呼び合う
Shinji is reminiscencing in his room and feeling sorry for himself when Kaworu comes, fixes his unfastened collar and tells him about two essential spears and persuades Shinji to have them call each other with their names
・13号機とマーク9がターミナルドグマ降下そこでリリスだったものに刺さっている
槍が2つとも同じ事に気付きカヲルが長考
When Eva 13 and Mark 9 go down to terminal dogma he notices the spear Lilith has been struck with is exactly same thing [as his spear?] and this gives rise to deep contemplation on his part

from hereon I don't even bother trying specific translation because description of action is 2confusing4me. I hate how this guy keeps putting very different things in single sentence af it makes slightest bit of sense (like, Japanese passive and all but these are goddamn runon sentences half the time with wild leaps in subject)... anyway:

Eva-02 attacks Eva-13 from behind, all hell breaks loose, mad fighting and shit. Mari pleads Rei for some additional power for her own unit. Kaworu remarks something about Mark 6 being Gendo's trap set for 12th Apostle.

Mark 9 starts going crazy and shit (confirmed for being build on Adam's remains), a lot shit happens, Kaworu dies, Shinji cries, doors of Guf get closed (Mari plays some part here), Fourth Impact aborted kinda like Third was.

Finally Asuka comes to drag Shinji out from his entry plug (the way it's described reminds me very much of Shinji doing that for Rei in 1.0 but this might just be my imagination/mental associations).

Cue the final scene we already know with Asuka, Shinji and the Rei. (I wonder why there's no mention of Mari here). What's notable Shinji apparently drops that goddamn old SDAT as Asuka pulls/drags him out. Sayonara, SDAT, I guess.

edit: almost forgot! Wunder (presuming that's what "Vunda" means) is in the mix too. It really looks like huge all out slugfest between all parties.

edit: whoops yeah Mark 9 it is
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 pm

In the background Gendo - who tells about how in Eva Prototype there’s [member of?] Ayanami series and within Eva-01 there’s [Shinji’s] mother - is talking to gigantic severed head of Ayanami [DUUUUUUUUUDE]

Bringing the Metropolis references home (Hel).
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Xard: Mark 9 is the one that's said here to be based on an Adam.

This
マーク9(アダムスの生き残り)がヴンダーを乗っ取っていくが2号機がモードトリプルセブンで自爆して倒す

I think says something like "Mark 9 (one of the surviving Adams) skyjacks the Wunder but is defeated by Eva-02 self-destructing with Mode Triple 7".

球体(13号機) would be "core (Eva-13's)". It's a weird way to refer to the core, but there it is. One of the pages from the theater booklet shows this scene, I believe.
Last edited by Reichu on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:45 pm

So Shinji/Kaworu and Rei vs. Asuka and Mari, with unit 6 dummy or something going wild in the middle of all that? Wow, that's gotta be one hell of a brawl.

Also sounds like Q-Rei is another clone, not the Rei from first two movies. Still trapped in 01 with Yui, meaning Shinji and Gendo have the same agenda afterall?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Damn I haven't posted in ages but after watching that 6 minutes opening I ran like hell here and guys, you don't dissapoint. This whole thread is nuts, I haven't laughed this good in a while.

I know many here don't like the way Anno is heading with Rebuild but for me this is a rollercoaster and I like that he is going bunkers with the story, we already had our 2deep4u series with all that depressing shit and it is/was awesome, but this new vision is quite exiting and refreshing for me.

Anyway, this may have been asked but when could we expect decent camrip with subs?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Glad to have someone like you Xard doing the heavy duty translations here. Definitely shed some light on whats happening with Shinji in all this chaos with WILL-E, Gendo, and SEELE. I guess thats it for now. You deserve some rest for now. Hope some more information shows up later to fill in the gaps with what Mari and the other WILL-E members are doing.....

@ Shinies: I wouldnt expect a decent cam-rip until maybe next year. And as for subs? LOL. Maybe Spring of next year.....

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Aw damn it, so much godamn tech for what?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 pm

The ending with the dropped SDAT clearly means that Shinji and Asuka are in love now and he's put Rei behind him and I can't hear you lalalalalalalalala
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 pm

:scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head:
:scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head:

holy mother of fucking balls
Last edited by chee on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:Aw damn it, so much godamn tech for what?

Just saying if the release of Evangelion 2.0 was an indication it took us 4-5 months after release date before we got a decent cam-rip. And then a further 2-3 months after that before we got someone to sub it. And since the release of 2.0 more strict fines have been introduced to prevent cam-ripping and pirating in Japanese theatres. We will be very lucky to see a cam-rip of part of the movie before year's end if at all this time.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:So Shinji/Kaworu and Rei vs. Asuka and Mari, with unit 6 dummy or something going wild in the middle of all that? Wow, that's gotta be one hell of a brawl.

The sentence mentioning Mark 6 is

マーク6が12使徒にカヲルがゲンドウの罠だという事に気付く

and I honestly don't know how to make grammatical sense of it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Just saying if the release of Evangelion 2.0 was an indication it took us 4-5 months after release date before we got a decent cam-rip. And then a further 2-3 months after that before we got someone to sub it. And since the release of 2.0 more strict fines have been introduced to prevent cam-ripping and pirating in Japanese theatres. We will be very lucky to see a cam-rip of part of the movie before year's end if at all this time.

2.0 was already camripped and subbed (though not the probably-better EGF sub, I got it from ADTRW on Something Awful) before I registered here, so it was more like a month or less. Even with stricter regulations I doubt it'll take too long for somebody to get it, given how big this is.
Last edited by esselfortium on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am

and apparently the big whale ship is involved in this shootout too? and some sort of bomb collar on Shinji? FUCK.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Xard: Mark 9 is the one that's said here to be based on an Adam.

Yup. I guess the sudden jump to Mark 6 as Gendo's trap confused me a bit.

View Original PostReichu wrote: I think says something like "Mark 9 (one of the surviving Adams) skyjacks the Wunder but is defeated by Eva-02 self-destructing with Mode Triple 7".

:facepalm:

I already forgot there was multiple Adams in Rebuild, I just went all "Adam's ikinokonori well since guy blew to bits I guess it can only refer to his remnants that are still alive a la Gendo's hand fetus" :lol:

View Original PostReichu wrote:球体(13号機) would be "core (Eva-13's)". It's a weird way to refer to the core, but there it is. One of the pages from the theater booklet shows this scene, I believe.

Ahh, come to think of it that's pretty obvious. Still, odd way to refer to it.

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Also sounds like Q-Rei is another clone, not the Rei from first two movies. Still trapped in 01 with Yui, meaning Shinji and Gendo have the same agenda afterall?

That would be my take, yeah.

**********'

The reason why I really liked the feeling of all the stuff in that bit is how good, classic Eva mood it seems to carry. Of course that too is vague and jumps from point to point but I'm really liking how Shinji's interactions with Kaworu are described here, the desolate crumbling Geofront etc.

Then the Fuyutsuki shogi bit seems like real luxury. Fuyutsuki never really interacted with Shinji in original Eva despite him being Yui's son and all. Here we finally have such scene and it sounds very interesting and promising, equally so from character development perspective as from information pov.

I'm not sure if Gendo talking to giant Rei head is supposed to take place in somehow same space or if it was more metaphorical but that Gendo is described as conveying/telling/transmitting information about Eva Prototype and Eva-01 I think it means he's telling this all to Shinji.

Now I really want to see this scene. The whole giant Rei head and all sounds freaky and disgusting like Eva at its best. How on Earth is Shinji going to react all THAT? Talk about disturbing.

Finally I'm really liking the final scene. Maybe it's partly just my inner Asuka fan talking but I like the tone that scene seems to take and the presence of SDAT tells Anno is taking his themes and storytelling seriously even in big "scheme" of series as whole, beyond all the weirdness bs.

The final fight also sounds pretty damn glorious turbo version on Ep 24 showdown between Evas.

Then there's the plot/setting stuff about two Lances (I believe some guy on /a/ dug names for them too). It seems to be plot point and not simply cacse of Longinus and its replica.

Then the Touji bit. Maybe it's just all the old fanwank about Shinji's classmates ending up as harpy cores but am I only one to whom that mention of his nametag feels awfully ominous?

What's up with Gendo and Fuyutsuki being at Seele's "place" anyway? I'd just presume it was another conference but 所 refers to physical location.

All in all this sounds very good to me.

It also - though not directly - gave me "heureka" moment when it comes to ubiquitous weirdness and unexpectedness of a lot of 3.0's turns for us. We've approached 2.0 climax from entirely from perspective all this time, I'd say.

But that's thing for another post.
Last edited by Xard on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am

I suspect the giant Rei head is the part of 00 that got spit out.

and that thing about Touji? I think Shinji finds his nametag in the ruins of Tokyo3, implying that yes indeed Toji Kensuke & Hikari were killed in 3I.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am

I don't know man. I see a lot of anger, aggression & misuse of the phrase "jump the shark" but 3.0 sounds exactly like what I wanted it to be. Unique, fresh, and out there.

I have high hopes for what this film is going to bring and I'm sure the experience AS A FILM - not just a bullet point list of plot developments - will be a very rewarding experience. The people who have clocked out of Rebuild I understand where you're coming from but to me I can't be more excited about 3.0!

NGE was the metaphysical, soul-wrenching, stark, life changing (for me) work of art. Rebuild is the balls to the wall, colorful, telling a ripping good yarn piece of entertainment!

Can't wait.

P.S. I've been on set all day and I want to thank the diehard magicians here on EGF. Xard, Reichu, you guys are being real Eva-Heros for going out, finding this information and translating it for the rest of us! Whether you hate the 3.0 factoids or not I think everyone helping to spread the information deserves a well earned round of applause!

Let's all get on a big blue ball & shout 'Omedetou'!

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I suspect the giant Rei head is the part of 00 that got spit out.

That could be explanation. Still, if it is I doubt it's just corpse head. Gendo is weird but I can't imagine him talking to inanimate objects.

Living, detached Rei head is disturbing as hell idea. I want to see what they do with this

View Original PostNemZ wrote:and that thing about Touji? I think Shinji finds his nametag in the ruins of Tokyo3, implying that yes indeed Toji Kensuke & Hikari were killed in 3I.

but he found the nametag while changing clothes which, to me at least, would name as the most likely place Nerv's laundry room or something like that. Why would his nametag end up there if it just remained in ruins?

Though this too is possible (and damn depressing) option

edit:

Needless to say anymore but Asuka was NOT Angel. I guess that should calm even Bagheera's suspicions
Last edited by Xard on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:16 am

Someone on 4chan wrote this. The curse of Eva makes much more sense now, and this clears up a few issues i was having.

SEELE throws Eva 01 into space, with a tang'd Shinji and Rei still inside
They stay up there for 14 years
Misato goes rogue, found her own organization to fix the world and recruits Asuka, Mari, and Touji's younger sister, Asuka and Mari not aging because LCL exposure halts the aging process
They save Unit 01 from space, but Shinji and Rei decide to go back to NERV where Gendou is still in charge, also he has Kaworu.
Kaworu hits on Shinji while Rei disappears
Kaworu thinks he found out a way to fix the world with magic spears and Lillith, he and Shinji team up and even combine their Evas
Misato's organization knows better and sends forth Asuka to stop them
Kaworu and Shinji almost kill Asuka only to discover that SEELE tricked Kaworu and they really just started Instrumentality
Kaworu explodes himself to stop it, making Shinji all sad and reducing everything to a red wasteland
Asuka yanks Shinji out of his entry plug and holds his hand as they walk through the desert.
Also Rei is also in the desert with them somehow.

IT KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:2.0 was already camripped and subbed (though not the probably-better EGF sub, I got it from ADTRW on Something Awful) before I registered here, so it was more like a month or less. Even with stricter regulations I doubt it'll take too long for somebody to get it, given how big this is.

I really dont recall that. I heard almost no talk about a cam-rip becoming available until September or October of that same year. And when I do mean cam-rip I mean a rip of the entire movie, not just clips here and there.....
What I recall was posted here were 15 minute segments here and there initially back in August of 2009.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”