[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Do guys really do that? Late-late-late onset baldness?
Nope, by that stage he'd be thinning rather than receding.

Also Will-E is a silly name, hope it sounds better in the Japanese.
I didn't look for the kana, but I hope it's pronounced like "Villa"
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm guessing Rei(?) shows up in rocket eva and tries to kidnap Shinji from tMisato's spacepirate fleet?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Military and tech fetishism is a part of Eva.

Ah, no. Apart from the naming convention for the girls it's really not. It's a part of Eva fandom, and lampooned in the show and movies in the character of Kensuke Aida, but there's not much to it in the show itself.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:26 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Ah, no. Apart from the naming convention for the girls it's really not. It's a part of Eva fandom, and lampooned in the show and movies in the character of Kensuke Aida, but there's not much to it in the show itself.

We're watching two different shows.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:26 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I'm only up to page 5 but man this is the most fun thread I've read in a long time

I know, right? I'm not too sure how to feel though- I'm either in a confused funk or a crapping my pants feeling. So...much...new stuff.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Its got lost in the chaos a bit, but WE HAVE A NAME FOR PINKY. Oh and from them pics, I think she's going to be popular.

And we have the last two characters from the silhouette.

But no Kaji. No-one weeps for Kaji.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I'm guessing Rei(?) shows up in rocket eva and tries to kidnap Shinji from tMisato's spacepirate fleet?

There was a sentence pertaining to this that I halfassedly attempt to translate a few pages back. Let me see:

マーク9(アダムスの生き残り)がヴンダーを乗っ取っていくが2号機がモードトリプルセブンで自爆して倒す

which I parsed as saying that Eva Mark 9 (referred to as a "surviving Adam") tries to hijack Wunder and Unit 02 goes into "Mode 777" to suicide-bomb it. although now that i look at it again it might be saying that it's Mark 9 which does the suicide-bombing
Last edited by Azathoth on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:28 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Nope, by that stage he'd be thinning rather than receding.

I didn't look for the kana, but I hope it's pronounced like "Villa"

It's pronounced Vire [ヴィレ] http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A3%E3%83%AC

And the AAA Wunder it's pronounced Vunda [ヴンダー] http://translate.google.com/#ja/en/%E3%83%B4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC
Last edited by Kuronekodou on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:28 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I didn't look for the kana, but I hope it's pronounced like "Villa"

Katakana is VI-RE, so Will-e is pronounced like the German word it ultimately is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:30 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:We're watching two different shows.

Or have different standards. I've seen shows where military fetishism is in play and Eva's not even close. The extent to which is just blows that shit off is staggering, even if it throws out nods here and there.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:We're watching two different shows.

Eva is better known for referencing older anime like yamato, Nadia etc. kensuke is the fan insert and the only one obsessed with it.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Misato - off the badass scale

New Misato reminds me of Nice from Baccano

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Stan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Helius » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 pm

So, half hour spent reading this thread:

"Wars Begin Where You Will... But They Do Not End Where You Please."

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 pm

If I may.
(L) to (R):
Kohji Takao, Midori Kitakami, dammit, get see the name but I bet shes the first guys relative, Hideki Tama, Hyuga, Maya, Aoba, Ritsuko, Misato, Sakura Suzahara, Kaworu, Fuyutski, Shinji, Gendo, Rei, Asuka, Mari.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your cast for tonight's feature presentation.
Last edited by Jayfive on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

View Original PostTomasJC wrote:I really don't want to know... But yes, that pic of Shinni and the girl looks... Interesting. No thoughts on what she does/where she comes from?

EDIT: Oh yeah, that is Touji's sister Sakura. Why do I feel weird saying Sakura in Evangelion context?

Because it's Touji's sister and she's talking to Shinji, who was Touji's friend. As with Mark.6, I think they scrapped it after the years...

It sucks horribly, I know, but I really wanted to see Mark.6 and Gendo in the desert... I will also have problems with seeing her first as a young girl and then as his sister, but I think we'll now get to see her forgiving Shinji (unlike Touji) and meeting him in general. At least this explains the weird reason her recovery was so important.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:38 pm

View Original PostHelius wrote:So, half hour spent reading this thread:

You think you got problems, im acting as a conduit between this thread, a non-spoiler thread and youtube in relaying truthful information. And I had shit to do today :P

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Mark 6 fuses with Unit 01 to form Eva-13. If you look at Eva-13's design (particularly the horn) it's pretty obvious
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm

still saying e13 is actually refurbished Bardiel.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

What are the chances they go back and change all the next episode previews for the 4 disc combo pack?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:still saying e13 is actually refurbished Bardiel.

Think Az has the right of it. It would also explain why the Mark VI is so important.

And Jay, you forgot Fuyu!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”