NTV Road Show 6 minutes 38 seconds premiere on 16 November

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

So what was that eye I wonder hmm? In the Q we saw that it was the afternoon and Unit 01 just stood there pierced by the Lance. I wonder if they threw it into space for some reason (would make sense for it to awaken when Asuka yells). Then again since Mari/Asuka and Kaworu are already working together, I guess they need to do a "1 month" earlier sequence to explain what went down at the end of 2.0? Now I'm even more hyped for this~

One does not simply make an evangelion movie easy to understand

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Is there any place that has it subbed?! Where do I go to see it?! I'm swimming down crap creek without a paddle here.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I've been waiting for the past 6 hours for a subbed version, let's hope one comes out today.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Here's a straight MP4 of the 3.0 preview if you want to download it:

http://www.evamonkey.com/evangelion-3.0-preview.mp4

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh, I have it already, there are also like 3 or 4 more of those on nyaatorrents if anyone is looking for more options, I've seen mkv, mp4, 720p and 1080p as of now.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Oh, I have it already, there are also like 3 or 4 more of those on nyaatorrents if anyone is looking for more options, I've seen mkv, mp4, 720p and 1080p as of now.

I need to get my hands on that mkv copy when I get home. I streamed and saved it off of YouTube using VLC this morning. Quality isn't bad, but a straight download will probably be smoother.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Don't know if I can link it here so I won't risk it, but you should be able to find it easily.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:56 pm

This thread is so innocent

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:This thread is so innocent

I'm picturing your spoilers thread as a drunken rave, and this one like a calm waiting room connected to it. And I picture you stepping out of the rave looking very disheveled and saying that. :lol:
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:07 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I'm picturing your spoilers thread as a drunken rave, and this one like a calm waiting room connected to it. And I picture you stepping out of the rave looking very disheveled and saying that. :lol:

That's truly accurate description. That place is utter madhouse - and it's nothing next to spoilers we've been getting :lol:

Eva is dead.

Long live Eva!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm

^
Well said, Xard.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I'm picturing your spoilers thread as a drunken rave
Drug-fueled orgy would be closer to the mark.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Well shit.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I feel left out, but in this regard I kinda wanna be.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:15 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Drug-fueled orgy would be closer to the mark.

Fair point, Sir Tines. Myself, I always avoided those areas of my high school's dances. No drugs, but probably as close to an orgy as you could get in that environment.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:19 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:That's truly accurate description. That place is utter madhouse - and it's nothing next to spoilers we've been getting :lol:

Eva is dead.

Long live Eva!
lol It sucks im missing out on the fun, hopefully we can get a decent sub soon to end my exile of the internet
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

THHT
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby THHT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 pm

not spoilers  SPOILER: Show
My Summary of the clip and speculations:

Clip - It looks like Asuka and Mari are attempting to prevent Eva-01 (with at least Shinji inside) from landing on Earth, hence Asuka's descent from space and the giant rockets she's lugging along to change Eva-01's trajectory and Asuka's relief once Eva-01 is stabilized.

Clip - She seems surprised by the anti-AT-field that the flying spears/buttons have, which makes me believe that they're constructed by Seele to protect Eva-01's descent. She doesn't completely know that what she's fighting is an Angel (produced or otherwise).

Clip - She 'defeats' the hockey pucks and seems relaxed, but the 'real' Angel shows up and aims squarely at her Eva's eye/her eye, which conveys that the Angel has sentience and awareness of her 'weakness'.

Clip - She's about to lose and and calls for Shinji to do something (paraphrasing "Why don't you do something stupid Shinji!") and Eva-01/Shinji awaken to defeat the angel easily. She's either surprised that Shinji did something for her or she's surprised that she 'again', wasn't able to do anything on her own.

Clip - Mari still has her own agenda.

Clip - They seem forced to work together. Mari seems willing to help, to a point, and Asuka seems begrudged to be working with her (typical stuff for Asuka's character arc).

Spec - Nerv encapsulated Shinji in the cross-like object to protect him, but also prevent him from starting an impact prematurely. Or maybe they just don't know what he's capable of now).

Spec - Nerv sends Shinji/Asuka/Mari along with their Evas into space to escape Seele. Earth is now the 'bad guy' and the Moon/Space is their only safe place.

Spec - Seele want Eva-01. Kaworu seems happy to see Shinji entering/returning to Earth.

Spec - Shinji is captured/extracted from Eva-01 by Seele. Kaworu meets him and they do their piano thing.

Spec - Rei has already been extracted (whether on her own or forcefully) by Nerv/Gendo before the 'capsule' is built over Shinji, who probably refuses to come out.

Spec - Shinji is still obviously the key to everything.

Spec - My excitement grows.

Also, lots of crosses everywhere and hello. I'm new, but have been lurking for a while.

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:This thread is so innocent

Don't want to be seen with that thread title/url in my internet history at work, otherwise i'd be there.

/sadface

LIwarriorTKD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LIwarriorTKD » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask but what is the policy on our profile pics in regards to spoiler territory? I have an awesome pic from the theatre guidebook. It's not spoilerific but more of a new design of a character. The desire to make it my profile pic is overwhelming but I don't want to rustle any feathers. God knows I'm trying to stay away from story spoilers as well and I wouldn't want to spoil the fun for anyone.

PS. IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! IS Q FINALLY UPON US!?
ONE LOVE Productions

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:38 pm

View Original PostLIwarriorTKD wrote:I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask but what is the policy on our profile pics in regards to spoiler territory? I have an awesome pic from the theatre guidebook. It's not spoilerific but more of a new design of a character. The desire to make it my profile pic is overwhelming but I don't want to rustle any feathers. God knows I'm trying to stay away from story spoilers as well and I wouldn't want to spoil the fun for anyone.

PS. IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! IS Q FINALLY UPON US!?

I'm pretty sure any visual material (designs included) outside constraints of trailers and previews and such are NG

I think I got short ban when 2.0 came out because I forgot that. Used eyepatch Asuka as avatar or something.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”