[NO SPOILERS] Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [2]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:@ Gendo'sPapa: The 10th Angel was about to bypass the Level EEE self-destruct (with taking in Eva-00/Rei) so maybe Kaworu has something equally sneaky up his sleeve? Maybe because it's Kaworu through an Eva, Level-EEE wouldn't self-destruct once again?

If Kaworu has the same haxxor powers he had in NGE, he could simply disable the self-destruct mechanism upon his arrival at Nerv HQ. But if he does still work that way, why does he even need an Eva?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Sorry about that. I'm just trying to avoid spoilers with a passion until I actually see the movie. You wrote something that was kinda plausible (and now that I've read the whole thing, something that I've actually considered), so I kinda freaked out. Mea culpa, man.

Not joking. The Children leave Earth a la Childhood's End and start a more deliberate existence on La Luna, which is where Shinji, Asuka, Mari and Rei all began before descending to the Antarctic and making contact with Misato as the giants of light. Only they are incompatible with our world; their presence causes the Impact-effects (blood ocean, rainbow gravity well at South Pole, etc) so they have to leave it, which results in a cessation of the Impact-effects worldwide.

3.0 ends with Misato staring into the sky and promising she'll build a bridge to the stars, or at least to the moon, anyway.

Sho' nuff.
Last edited by arkiel on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Not joking. The Children leave Earth a la Childhood's End and start a more deliberate existence on La Luna, which is where Shinji, Asuka, Mari and Rei all began before descending to the Antarctic and making contact with Misato as the giants of light. Only they can't incompatible with our world; their presence was causing the Impact-effects (blood ocean, rainbow gravity well at South Pole, etc) so they had to leave it, which caused a cessation of the Impact-effects worldwide.

3.0 ends with Misato staring into the sky and promising she'll build a bridge to the stars, or at least to the moon, anyway.

Sho' nuff.

That actually sounds awesome :0

Although can't they already go to the moon fairly easily....?

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

View Original PostChiral_Spiral wrote:That actually sounds awesome :0

Two boys, four girls (Mari, Asuka, Rei, Pinkie -- I didn't catch her name). Someone's going to end up having a good time.
Last edited by arkiel on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:If Kaworu has the same haxxor powers he had in NGE, he could simply disable the self-destruct mechanism upon his arrival at Nerv HQ. But if he does still work that way, why does he even need an Eva?

Kaworu exchanged haxxor for superior firepower.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:28 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Two boys, four girls (Mari, Asuka, Rei, Pinkie -- I didn't catch her name). Someone's going to end up having a good time.

I can already envision a traditional rom-com anime set on the Moon. This could work out well if Gainax/Khara plays its cards right.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:28 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Two boys, four girls (Mari, Asuka, Rei, Pinkie -- I didn't catch her name). Someone's going to end up having a good time.

Don't forget about Shinji's cousin.

Also, Kaworu doesn't swing that way, so he's out in the cold and Shinji's happy like a pig in shit.

Come to think of it, those ladies do amount to a typical anime harem. Huh. And hey, Kaworu can be the jealous yandere!

Kaworu: I will make you happy, Shinji-kun! I swear it!
Shinji: Mmmm, boobies.

Even better if someone -- Rei maybe, or possibly Asuka depending on how things play out -- is stuck on Kaworu, who of course couldn't care less. :lol:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Also, Kaworu doesn't swing that way, so he's out in the cold and Shinji's happy like a pig in shit.

Come to think of it, those ladies do amount to a typical anime harem. Huh. And hey, Kaworu can be the jealous yandere!

Kaworu: I will make you happy, Shinji-kun! I swear it!
Shinji: Mmmm, boobies.

Even better if someone -- Rei maybe, or possibly Asuka depending on how things play out -- is stuck on Kaworu, who of course couldn't care less. :lol:

Shinji lunges from the lunar habitat to catch his breath and a quick smoke, and restore some of his body mass with fruit that hadn't been 'pre-dipped' into some girl...
...only to have Kaworu tackles him and commences with butt fun.

Shinji: (cries) I'm not even a person anymore!

5 years later:

Misato arrives and embraces Shinji.
Shinji: Oh thank christ, its been so long, they just keep fucking and fucking and this rapid regeneration thing means we don't ever have to stop! My world is nothing but pressure and dripping orifices and empathetic AT Field malformations...
He notices Misato is rubbing his back suggestively.
Shinji: ...oh. Great.

SERIES CODA BLACK TITLE:
Shinji Ikari: Manslut
The Weaver - Shinji and a Mad Spider God.
The Foregone Conclusion - Two years into a seemingly endless Angel War.
Wake Up, Ikari! - Wake. The Fuck. UP.
Branching Paths - Specifically 1B, 3B, 6A. Shinji goes crazy and kills a bunch of chinstrap geese.
Beneath, Shinji deals with a ten-year timeskip.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm

People that were earlier talking about seeing the words "Eva-13" in one that still frame, apparently Minna No Eva Fan sees the words "Eva-0" and "Eva-2" in it:

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1905.html

He(?) also thinks it could be the number "13" or "18" though.

:shrug:

And the "moon harem" scenario would be especially hilarious if Rei fell for Kaworu, but he was oblivious towards her due to Shinji. :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FluffyBunny
Adam

Postby FluffyBunny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:58 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:And the "moon harem" scenario would be especially hilarious if Rei fell for Kaworu, but he was oblivious towards her due to Shinji. :lol:

Rei can use her mad cooking skillz to make a lunch box for Kaworu.
(That strategy worked pretty well for Shinji didn't it?)

*edit*
SSD: They appear to say it's "in the same style" as eva-00 or eva-02, and it's probably eva-13 or eva-18.
(disclaimer: I don't speak Japanese, used a translator)
Last edited by FluffyBunny on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Just three more days and this madness will finally end, I'm sure I still have to see its apex though.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:01 pm

^Welp...it looks like they just posted a photo of Unit-02 about to get blown up or blown in half.[/u]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:05 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:People that were earlier talking about seeing the words "Eva-13" in one that still frame, apparently Minna No Eva Fan sees the words "Eva-0" and "Eva-2" in it:

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1905.html[/q

I'm not seeing it. I can see how that might be a 13, but the comparisons to 02 or 00 don't match up at all.

And the "moon harem" scenario would be especially hilarious if Rei fell for Kaworu, but he was oblivious towards her due to Shinji. :lol:

I know, right? So we have Shinji after Asuka, Kaworu after Shinji, and Rei after Kaworu. At that point Mari and Pinkie probably hook up for the lulz and Shinji's cousin is left wondering what the hell is doing on.

Oh, even better! Shinji thinks he's in a love triangle with Rei and Asuka, but unbeknownst to him they're both fighting over Kaworu -- Shinji thinks it's about him, since Kaworu's always chasing after him and CIRCUMSTANCES, and the girls don't have the heart to shoot him down since it would piss off Kaworu. Meanwhile Mari and Pinkie are making out as described above, providing color commentary on the whole situation, while Shinji's cousin is the one girl who really loves Shinji . . . but of course he doesn't even notice, leaving her alone and forlorn. :raincloud:

Will Shinji get a clue and hook up with his cousin? Will Rei and Asuka realize their chase is futile and hook up with one another? Will Kaworu break and go bi? And if so, which girl will he pick? DRAMA!!! :lol:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Minnano posted the Eva-00 and -02 logos as visual comparison, to show how the image in the trailer could reasonably be "EVA-13" in a similar style. (See also what Fluffy pointed out.)

In the final cut of that trailer, where Eva-02 is becoming crater-pocked, there are things that look kind of like 10th Angel tentacles in the background. Part of the Angel?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:And the "moon harem" scenario would be especially hilarious if Rei fell for Kaworu, but he was oblivious towards her due to Shinji. :lol:

Alone in a hole with no technology, blue skies, water, fields and other people/buildings?

I'd rather have them sent through a Transgate to Mid-Childa! :jiggy:

As with Eva 13, we can officially confirm 1. Code Geass style ending :peace: or 2. The harpies are BACK! :argh:
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:The harpies are BACK!

Well, this provides evidence of at most five additional Evas following Eva-08 (09, 10, 11, 12, 13). Not quite a flock of harpies (nine completed; twelve intended). With all the production time going into the movies, khara can reasonably give this bunch all unique -- or, at least, variable -- designs this time around, too. I bet Yamashita would enjoy that. (He actually had his own take on dummy plug Evas that never got used; wonder if any of the design elements from that will end up getting recyced.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:49 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:With all the production time going into the movies, khara can reasonably give this bunch all unique -- or, at least, variable -- designs this time around, too. I bet Yamashita would enjoy that.

This, so much this, Yamashita wouldn't be the only one to enjoy that.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:As with Eva 13, we can officially confirm

Absolutely nothing. You can't confirm anything until the movie's actually out, so ease off on the wild speculation masquerading as fact.

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 pm

I feel as though this movie has gotten so much hype that potential riots may occur... but I mean come on, how bad could it possibly be?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm

If Asuka dies I'm flipping a news van over.

There may also be crowd surfing.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”