Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:21 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Crazy news out of Japan concerning our beloved angels from the Rebuild series. Bandai Tamashi Nations has recently unveiled a whole line-up of 6-8 inch scale figures for most of the major angels that have appeared thus far in the Rebuild movies Eva 1.0 and 2.0. These are part of the SH MonsterArts toy line from Bandai which as you know has been mostly focusing their attention on Godzilla figures up until now!

Take a look at these and how these figures are actually made to scale with Robot Tamashi Evangelion figures.

Only Sachiel,Zeurel and Tunniel are getting normal releases. The other 3 are going to be Tamashii webshop excusives and since these are going to be topping the $90 mark you gotta figure in the middleman price on top of that so.......ya......
Also no mention of these getting released through Amazon US like some of the Godzilla figs and doubt they will.
If you just want the 3 normal ones then you're good but if you want the EXs your wallet is getting raped without lube.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Ya its cool, unfortunatly half of them are going to be tamashii website exclusives. I think Sachiel,Zeruel and Tunniel are the only normal retail ones.

Meh. Those are the only ones really worth having anyway. Ramiel might be nice, but I don't think most of us would lose sleep over not having penis-breath or sticks.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Maybe, if price is reasonable I'll consider Sachi and Tunny...
Never a fan of Samshel, Clockiel looks expensive, don't see much artistic use for Zeruel and Ramiel, well, I've seen better paperweights...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 am

View Original Postarael wrote:Haha...
I won't buy any of the RAH...

SPOILER: Show
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Dunno what to make out of that image :rofl:

Frozzy
Embryo

Postby Frozzy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 am

i received my Eva unit-2 Beta and was wondering if anyone else had problems getting the Unit to stay on the Sheild with out it falling off at the slightest touch?
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi, I just recently decided to start collecting Evangelion models (even though I liked the show for years and years), but before I start purchasing them I wanted to get recommendations from people. The majority of searches and people said that I should go for the revoltech eva figurines if I want many poses that look good on stands [I'm obviously buying them to pose not to "play" with them aha]. But just before I commit to buying them, I wanted to get some advice from some people.

Are the revoltech models the most accurate? I would greatly appreciate any other brand names that make the rebuilt figures (might as well get the rebuilt versions at this point instead of the original NGE). Also is ebay my best bet? I know for a fact that my first purchase will be of the Mark 6, but its pricy on ebay going for roughly 75 dollars. Any other good buying sites that dont scam?

Basically my main concern is if the revoltech toys are the best ones (accurate, lack defects) and if so which sites have them for good prices?
If not, what other brands are good? Thank you very much in advance for help on this (I'm just starting collecting so I'm very inexperienced in this sort of stuff)

:D

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 pm

View Original PostFrozzy wrote:i received my Eva unit-2 Beta and was wondering if anyone else had problems getting the Unit to stay on the Sheild with out it falling off at the slightest touch?

No, no you can't... The stand... THE STAND!!!

For Stan:
My apparently professional opinion (as owner of 74% of all Evangelion Revoltechs)

View Original PostStan wrote:The majority of searches and people said that I should go for the revoltech eva figurines if I want many poses that look good on stands [I'm obviously buying them to pose not to "play" with them aha].

Yup, some of the best posers out there... RD are cool too, but base sold separately...

View Original PostStan wrote:Are the revoltech models the most accurate?

Pretty close, but proportions are not right, RD wins again...

View Original PostStan wrote:I would greatly appreciate any other brand names that make the rebuilt figures

Robot Damashii (or Robot Spirits) by Bandai... Real Action Heros (quite expensive, and BIG)... Riobot (only made Eva 01, quite expensive and seems to require "special taste" for you to like it (I lack it completely)

View Original PostStan wrote:Also is ebay my best bet?

AmiAmi for new releases, Mandarake for old and 2nd hand ones (Japanese are pretty perfectionist so "damaged box" just means "a minute scratch")

View Original PostStan wrote:I know for a fact that my first purchase will be of the Mark 6, but its pricy on ebay going for roughly 75 dollars.

Wait for the 3.0 version... At this point is the best bet...

View Original PostStan wrote:Any other good buying sites that dont scam?

Never been scamed on Ebay :w00:
I've seen some Mark 06's at Mandarake...

View Original PostStan wrote:Basically my main concern is if the revoltech toys are the best ones (accurate, lack defects) and if so which sites have them for good prices?

I've reviewed practically all EvaEvos at my Youtube channel and made a comparison between one of the and a RD... You can check there if you'd like... As I said, Mandarake has many EvaEvos and AmiAmi has them cheap when first released (and if they stay in-store for too long, they go to sales)

darkshota
Embryo

Postby darkshota » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 pm

anyone getting the new revoltech eva-02 with the new head, arm, backpack and sniper rifle?
gun-eva-rider-mon!

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:36 pm

I've reviewed practically all EvaEvos at my Youtube channel and made a comparison between one of the and a RD... You can check there if you'd like... As I said, Mandarake has many EvaEvos and AmiAmi has them cheap when first released (and if they stay in-store for too long, they go to sales)[/quote]

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions, I really appreciate it :)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm

View Original Postdarkshota wrote:anyone getting the new revoltech eva-02 with the new head, arm, backpack and sniper rifle?

Received it last weeks... Gonna post a video review this weekend... Wanna know something specifically?

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 am

Does anyone know what happens to the spec line of evangelion? Was it discontinued?

I think the last thing they released was Eva-01 in berserk mode from the second movie, after that, nothing...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:47 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Maybe, if price is reasonable I'll consider Sachi and Tunny...
Never a fan of Samshel, Clockiel looks expensive, don't see much artistic use for Zeruel and Ramiel, well, I've seen better paperweights...

WTF MAN ! i thought we friends ! dont you diss zeruel in my presence you dig,mah dog ?

Seriously, i'm gonna make a diorama, unit 02 versus zeruel, unit one versus sachiel, shamshell will be forever alone, never liked the purple dick angel, tunniel will also be forever alone cos stupid bandai never made a unit 05, maybe they make unit 08 so i put them toguether. and unit 00 (when i hopefully aquire it) versus prism angel.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:dont you diss zeruel in my presence you dig,mah dog ?.

Oh no you didn't...
Said that... Whatever it means.....

Also, after seeing the 6 and a half minute pre-screening of Q I can say

As I thought, Eva 02 beta is sculpted grossly out of screen accuracy

More details follow:

It doesn't have a gray arm, it's a mechanical thingie... The shield-thing is painted wrongly and it actually never fires the big gun (which is also different from the one seen on the film)

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Oh no you didn't...
Said that... Whatever it means.....

Also, after seeing the 6 and a half minute pre-screening of Q I can say

As I thought, Eva 02 beta is sculpted grossly out of screen accuracy

More details follow:

It doesn't have a gray arm, it's a mechanical thingie... The shield-thing is painted wrongly and it actually never fires the big gun (which is also different from the one seen on the film)

Technically it may be done from a previous scene or later, in the teaser trailer we definetely had eva 02 holding the bigass gun flipin in space and lining for a shot, maybe that scene is before or later, or was scratched and remade alltoguether,seeing how far in advance toys are actually made,i wouldnt be surprised if revoltech created this figure from the initial scene. Remember the lance and even apearence of the kaworu eva changed as well

edit 22/nov

Mind you, this was 5 months ago, but i talked to a bandai representative, and he told me bandai had no imediate plans for a continuation of the RD series for 2.0 and the upcoming movie, as no license was in talk.

it could changed,and bandai generaly does things way in advance, so if we are to get it, expect it when it start showing the movies in theater abroad or when the home video release.
He said they were investigating interest in bringing the characters to the D-arts line though.

ANATA BAKA !?

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 am

Small problem with RD though, half of the releases are Tamashii web exclusives (00, 03 and berserk 01) so prepare to drop serious bucks there, aside from that IMO RD are the best rebuild evas out there in terms of poseability, sculpt and price. If you want to go nuts then the SPEC may be for you though they are quite expensive.

Though if you want Ami Ami is having a restock of RD 01 right now and is slated for the end of december, here is the link:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-1046&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_agelimit%3D0%24s_seriestitle%3DROBOT+Damashii%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Q Action figure thread

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:27 am

This is a place to put spoiler-capable posts, rather than having any Q figure talk outside the Rebuild forum.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Kaworu06
Adam

Postby Kaworu06 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Not sure if it fits...But I found a figure of unit 02 from the new film. It has a Sniper and crossbow...maybe Asuka uses them....I dunno.
I also go by:
Sylvi Jenni Annukka Lea Pentti.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Since the Evangelion 02 from Q was released a month ago I don't think the no "Q" figures ban applies here...

(Edit: I'll leave the link here just in case)

The review of that Revoltech is on my Youtube (no spoilers beyond anything seen on the 6 minutes 38 sec. film preview)

Also, week post
Last edited by SEELE-01 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Since the Evangelion 02 from Q was released a month ago I don't think the no "Q" figures ban applies here...

A thread has been created for all 'Q' figures over in the "Q and Beyond" subforum.
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”