[NO SPOILERS] Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [2]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
John
Adam

Postby John » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Damn, I just feel like Anno is playing with our minds and he changed the Tabris role to Mari. I mean, it looks like she synchronizes at will with any Unit. But this can be explained with:
- Provisional Unit 05 was forcefully synchronized.
- Unit 02's core was changed so Mari could synchronize.

But damn I still have my suspicions.

I also can't make sense over how it seems the space scene will unfold.

- Unit-02 being attached to those giant rockets, it perfectly fits inside that Dali's cross shape (So that's the protection to avoid the re-entry heat?) (That cross is also in space undamaged the first time we see it).

- In the final scene in the theatrical trailer, Unit-02 no longer has those rockets, so that means the underwater scene (0:40) happens BEFORE the last trailer scene. (But she is being attacked already? By missiles?) (She also is not inside the cross shape in here).

So taking those ideas then I just... don't know.

- PseudoArael appears, maybe right below atmosphere, but it won't move, won't attack and it's nowhere near Nerv.
- Unit-02 is launched in that Dali cross to reach and destroy PseudoArael.
- Fails to hit the angel and falls in the ocean. Missiles are indeed the angel attacking.
- Gets speed, out of the water (f*cking up that aircraft carrier) and trying to hit the angel again... somehow.
- Gets rid of the rockets after reaching the maxim apoapsis to hit Arael.
- Maybe fails again or Unit-02 about to hit, then the angel uses the classic eye-beam.
- Arm gets f*cked up then. So the last scene is not in space but in the middle of the air, trying to reach PseudoArael!?!?

I JUST DON'T KNOW. I'M LOSING IT, LADIES & BROS.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS INGOYAAAAAAAAAAAAMA BAGITHI BABAA
IT'S THE CICLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE.

(extra idea: The angel appears in Nerv and Mari is fighting it but needs help, but Unit-02 is in Germany, USA whatever and they just launch it to help Mari?)
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 pm

View Original PostJohn wrote:I JUST DON'T KNOW. I'M LOSING IT, LADIES & BROS.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS INGOYAAAAAAAAAAAAMA BAGITHI BABAA
IT'S THE CICLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE.

SPOILER: Show

I can see the Duncan principle is working quiet nicely...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Minna No Eva Fan has more nice visual comparisons, this time about Eva-08 Alpha and Eva-02 Beta Production Model: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1874.html

They're also puzzled on what the "Quickening Eva-08 and its pilot(s)" line from the Next Time Preview can mean in this case. Probably something that nobody's even considered? (Assuming the theory of Shinji and/or Rei dual-piloting Eva-08 is indeed out the window considering Eva-08's redesign.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:32 pm

^Heck, with this direct comparision, I must admit that the pink thing really IS EVa 08/the previous design.

It looked a lot cooler in white and red.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 am

Are we ever going to see Eva-01 in action again? We should also be woried about her getting written out, as she hasn't been in any trailers except for being shown impaled in the Next Time Preview. I find it hard to believe that they would remove her, but she doesn't seem to be going anywhere in her current condition., and Eva interchangeability seems to be much less of an issue in Rebuild than it was in the TV series. Maybe Shinji gets the Mark 06 after killing Kaworu? I don't think Rei will be piloting again, but there's nothing ruling out the possibilty of it. And what happened to Eva-07, anyway? They suddenly skipped it between the Mark 06 and Eva-08
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:And what happened to Eva-07, anyway? They suddenly skipped it between the Mark 06 and Eva-08

I'm hoping it will appear in final...
Though I wouldn't be shocked if it suffers the same fate as Eva 04 or if it's just mentioned in one of those cryptic Gendo-Fuyutsuki or Gendo-SEELE conversations in a fashion of "we decided to dismantle Eva 07" or "Eva 07 was scrapped for parts" or "Eva 07 was a failure"...

In any case I hope that doesn't keepKaiyodo from making a Revoltech out of it :naughty:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

View Original PostJohn wrote:Damn, I just feel like Anno is playing with our minds and he changed the Tabris role to Mari.

If so, it's going to be even harder to bear when and if Unit 01 must crush Tabris with it's hand and leave a poor head falling to the LCL below.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby JoeD80 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:They're also puzzled on what the "Quickening Eva-08 and its pilot(s)" line from the Next Time Preview can mean in this case. Probably something that nobody's even considered? (Assuming the theory of Shinji and/or Rei dual-piloting Eva-08 is indeed out the window considering Eva-08's redesign.)

Maybe they make Eva-08 out of Lilith, the way the moon giant became Mark 06.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:04 pm

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:Maybe they make Eva-08 out of Lilith, the way the moon giant became Mark 06.

I vaguely remember that being suggested ages ago.

If Lilith=Eva-08, makes me wonder if Mari would be the pilot. But assuming the pink color is there to just throw us off, perhaps the pilot is Rei? (Whether or not Rei's still Lilith incarnate in this continuity.)

Lilith being made into Eva-08 would be interesting considering all the talk of the "contract with Lilith" and "true Gods vs false Gods" in 2.0.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Lilith being made into Eva-08 would be interesting considering all the talk of the "contract with Lilith" and "true Gods vs false Gods" in 2.0.

Ok, slow down there, what's that about a contract with Lilith? I don't remember seeing this in 2.0, haven't watched it in a long time though, could you enlighten me?

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby qu4d » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Ok, slow down there, what's that about a contract with Lilith? I don't remember seeing this in 2.0, haven't watched it in a long time though, could you enlighten me?

At the end of 1.11 (I think, it was in 1.11 though) Seele talks about the contract they have with Lilith, but no real details are known.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:35 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Ok, slow down there, what's that about a contract with Lilith? I don't remember seeing this in 2.0, haven't watched it in a long time though, could you enlighten me?

Is it a mere coincidence that Kyubey is also white? I think not. :lol: j/k

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 am

I had to google Kyubey to get the joke... it didn't help.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Jornophelanthas » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:42 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:At the end of 1.11 (I think, it was in 1.11 though) Seele talks about the contract they have with Lilith, but no real details are known.

As some of you may know, I buy into the theory of "Kaworu = Lilith, Rei = (an) Adam".
I invite you to rewatch the conversation between Kaworu and (the voice of) Keel at the very end of Rebuild 1.0. They are discussing the stage of a plan, using terms like "summation stage", "the time of the covenant" and "apocrypha of the dead sea scrolls", where they both share some expectation about what is going to happen. Even Kaworu's very awakening at that moment appears to be part of that plan.
To me, that sounds like a discussion between two parties who have a pact or contract with each other, with the agreement most likely based on the "Dead Sea Scrolls" and a "Book of Law". And we already know that Mr. "SEELE-01 (SOUND ONLY)" represents SEELE.

If SEELE has a "contract with Lilith", and if a SEELE representative has some kind of occult agreement with Kaworu, would it be a big stretch of the imagination that Kaworu could represent Lilith here?

(Sorry for the off-topic argument.)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:03 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the slots for the shoulder limiters are not obstructed on Unit-08(?), as they were on Unit-02? I guess this means that Unit-08(?) was built with Beast Mode in mind. I also noticed that Unit-08(?)'s eyes and some parts of its chest. glow green, just like Mari's eyes and parts of her plugsuit did during Beast Mode.

After looking at some images of other Eva Units in Rebuild, namely Unit-02 and Mark.06, I noticed that they all have open areas on the shoulders for limiters to come out. If this is the case, then I guess Unit-02's shoulder pylons detached in Beast Mode for extra mobility, and it should be the same case with other Eva Units if they are capable of the same function.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

classified-zerogoki
Lilith

Postby classified-zerogoki » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Battle Royale with Eva Units.
"CHAAANGE! EVA TRAIN! SWITCH ON!"
-Asuka, After The End Audio Drama
Evangelion is Serious Business.
Kaworu x Asuka OTP!

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:56 pm

View Original Postclassified-zerogoki wrote:Battle Royale with Eva Units.

Suzaku vs Kallen becomes Kaworu vs Asuka...
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Spoilers are out

man, pinkie-chan is just hotter after brightening the screen so we can study her complexion better

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Looks legit, I don't really get how/why Kaworu will fall into a coma but the rest make sense.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm

^
^ You would think Asuka would lose her arms.
Well at least now she can have a peg-leg so her transformation into a pirate will be complete.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”