Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:But on serious note I wonder if with the major design overhaul they might have gotten rid of the dual cockpit.

CRC makes it pretty clear that there just throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks. It's entirely possible they thought it was a bad idea, and decided to give the Eva to the big chested Meganekko, and dropped the story thread, but its still to early to tell.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 pm

just throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

Uh if you selectively read what they say I guess. That's not the impression I get at all.

Anyway, love this trailer. Pink Eva is my new favorite.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Well, yes. And the fact that Mari has a pink plugsuit doesn't mean she will, savvy?
I savvy but ye are as savvy as a bag o' eels savvy lass?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

ohnasti
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohnasti » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:It's pinkie she's the pilot.
____
But on a serious note I wonder if with the major design overhaul they might have gotten rid of the dual cockpit.

if that pink girl appears for more than 20 minutes in the movie. or more than kaworu in the NGE series, i would kill myself.

TheTuna
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheTuna » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 am

View Original PostClover wrote:EVA 13. MP Evas.

Oh, I do hope so.

We need a smackdown between the MP Evas and Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and Mari (but especially Shinji & Asuka).

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am

i dont think they will Asuka and ya know why i think that. the point of these movies is to change things but in a good and different way. if they kill Asuka they are repeating what they did in the original series....furthermore if they kill her here then they will have killed one of the main characters off and she will only have been in half of the whole rebuild series. if she does die they will have to conclude the side plot of of her love for Shinji. i think its possible she may get extremely injured...but i highly doubt they are going to kill her....and if the are killing her like in the old show they might bring her back too.

and one more thing.....having her come back from her injury in the last movie just to die would be stupid

aboose
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby aboose » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 am

I'm still totally confused as to how any of this plot can connect to the ending of what happened in the second movie.

Then again, I don't really understand wtf happened at the end of the second movie, so maybe I should figure that out first.

TheTuna
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheTuna » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 am

Could the new bridge crew be whatever organization Mari is working for? After all, the creators initially envisioned her having a significant impact in 3.0.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 am

View Original PostTheTuna wrote:Could the new bridge crew be whatever organization Mari is working for? After all, the creators initially envisioned her having a significant impact in 3.0.

I was thinking it was in this actually:
[url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Ural_II[/url]
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

macrochaos
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby macrochaos » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 am

If you look closely at the part with the exploding missiles you can see them being hit with some kind of beam weapon before they hit Eva 02

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:25 am

Has anyone noticed--
at around 30 second mark Eva 2's left arm is a mechanical one (kind of like eva 5's). But when eva 2 gets torn apart near the end (0050 mark) its left arm looks broken but original. Could that mean the 0030 scene happens *after* 0050 scene?

Sorry if this was posted already.

tomtom92
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tomtom92 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 am

OMG i read somewhere that the new brown hair girl MIGHT be Hikari Horaki but with long hair which makes sense since she has brown hair and brown eyes.

Amitch1991
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch1991 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 am

View Original Posttomtom92 wrote:OMG i read somewhere that the new brown hair girl MIGHT be Hikari Horaki but with long hair which makes sense since she has brown hair and brown eyes.

That would be interesting, somehow i don't think it is, you never know though ;)
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth

Xbox Live Gamertag : Th3at3rofDr3ams

Facebook : www.facebook.com/BigDogAdz

Twitter : @RealAACentral

Marc012
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Marc012 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:39 am

Has anyone noticed--
at around 30 second mark Eva 2's left arm is a mechanical one (kind of like eva 5's). But when eva 2 gets torn apart near the end (00:50 mark) its left arm looks broken but original. Could that mean the 00:30 scene happens *after* 00:50 scene?

yea it really looks different but maybe this mechanical arm is a kind of equipment and the original arm is below and both get damaged during the battle

another question...
battle against what? Arael? because it takes place in space?

OMG i read somewhere that the new brown hair girl MIGHT be Hikari Horaki but with long hair which makes sense since she has brown hair and brown eyes.

xD i had the same idea because of the brown hair and eyes and they said once "all classmates of Shinji are potential Eva pilots"
but... noooo... i just can't imagine that she's a pilot

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:29 am

The vibe I get from this:

Is a little like this:

SPOILER: Show
Well, maybe not that extreme but it's definitely brooding...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 am

View Original Posttomtom92 wrote:OMG i read somewhere that the new brown hair girl MIGHT be Hikari Horaki but with long hair which makes sense since she has brown hair and brown eyes.

No freckles so it's unlikely.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 am

The freckles man, the freckles are important

It ain't Hikari. I can see where they are coming from, but no.

And don't hold out on us non-japanese speakers, is that the Japanese character for 13 in that shot of something with water going over it?

If so, are we theorising that the Rebuild!Harpies or otherwise a number of Units are going to be rising out of the water?

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 am

Erm... do we btw. even by now the running time? I mean, the movie starts in 2 weeks and I havent seen anything about that besides the 121 minutes rumor.

And yeah, what are we supposed to see in that water picture? I cant see anything :>

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:13 am

I would like to believe that the environment in which we see Shinji and Asuka (with the red floors and unusual windowless wall panels with round handles placed at regular interval) is actually the ship that we see in the trailer.

Some arguments:
- A ship in open sea is a great place to isolate key members of NERV personnel, whom you suspect of having gone rogue.
- A ship is mobile, meaning that it can be moving to any place on Earth where whoever is in charge (SEELE? UN?) wants these people to be. Also, it makes it easy to hide from those who want to kidnap/free the detainees (Gendo?)
- Having them be on open sea also means that they are outside of the jurisdiction of any state or geopolitical faction (like the US, the EU or the Japanese government).
- Kaworu has taken the Mark 6 down to Earth. There would be no immediate reason to go through all the trouble of taking it back to the moon. Presumably, it was constructed on the moon for secrecy, not because its ultimate purpose lies there.

Here are some predictions based on this:
- Gendo and Fuyutsuki escape detainment. All others who were involved in Near-Third Impact (including Kaworu, Mari and comatose Asuka) are moved on board a SEELE-operated naval vessel. Kaworu will have living quarters there, the rest will be held in confinement and isolation.
- Mari is probably reclaimed by whatever agency she is working for.
- Shinji is retrieved from Unit-01 at some point and moved to the naval vessel as well, as far away from Unit-01 as they can take him. Kaworu is waiting for him there.
- Rei is retrieved at a different time than Shinji and will be kept separated from Shinji, i.e. not taken tot he ship.
- Asuka will be revived and prepared for active duty. The shot where she gets up wearing the hat could be the moment that she is getting up to leave the ship, to be prepared for launch in her space battle.
- If Shinji and Asuka are ever there at the same time, Shinji will avoid Asuka out of shame for what he did to her. Any meaningful interaction between them would have to be initiated by her. And I doubt she'll be inclined to.
- Shinji and Kaworu may leave at some point, as Kaworu still has work to do for SEELE that involves the Mark 6.
- It is likely that Misato, Ritsuko, Kaji and the bridge crew stay on the ship the longest, after all the main characters have left. They may all die when the ship sinks during an Angel attack, or a sub-plot may revolve around their escape.

If this is not enough about the trailers, and too much about speculation, please move this post to the appropriate thread. As I am writing this, I personally believe it is enough about the trailers to warrant a place in the trailers thread.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 am

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:- Asuka will be revived and prepared for active duty. The shot where she gets up wearing the hat could be the moment that she is getting up to leave the ship, to be prepared for launch in her space battle.
Wouldn't it be a bit too risky to put Asuka into an Eva at first, that's why I think she might sneak in while hiding the plug suit under the tracksuit. and then later receive the alternate plug suit we see in the trailer.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”