Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:39 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:
Also, no-one thinks Pinky is a young ritsuko going through a really rebelliously slutty phase do they? Now that would be funny.

God that would be hilarious.

____
I think Shinji is probably yelling at Kaworu in that shot and not reacting to Asuka.
"No Kaworu your not supposed to break their neck"
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:You've ninja-ed me, I was just going to post the same screenshot. Actually I've noticed it only from some fanarts appeared on pixiv.

Didn't she ever remove those plugs from her hair before?
Or might it be that she now has to keep them on as some kind of cranial protection against spread of infection.
In and of itself, self-evident.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 pm

View Original PostdeeRez wrote:Didn't she ever remove those plugs from her hair before?

In rebuild? Only when she swapped them out for the larger Test Suit ones.

Ive just checked and you dont see her take the ordinary a10s off. The first shot of her when she calls Misato is with them already removed. Which is significant and symbolic in itself I suppose. You don't see them lying about anywhere. Presume they are in the bag.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:06 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Also, yeah, I'm loving the stark look of the film from the trailer. The use of red in particular is makes the filmmaker in me all giddy!

Yeah. I'm really not getting people who complained about the slight redesigns anyway, I prefer Asuka's new hair colour (and pale skin of characters) and it (they) goes mighty fine with the tone of red that has been dominating the trailers.

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I can almost see the Pinkie & Maya interacting.

PINKIE: The Entry Plug is not responding! It won't eject!
MAYA: Bitch! That's my job! I'm supposed to tell people when things aren't working!

Pinkie-chan wears quite notable lipstick though and in Sadamoto's character designs lipstick tends to signal certain traits. I'd say Pinkie trying to come on Maya is at least as likely scenario :P

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Just noticed the background. Same scene or just the new "NERV hallway"-setting?

The bed scene from previous trailer (and it was the best shot in it) shares the visual style and colours. It doesn't look like same room where Shinji is though so chances are they're reflecting film's general art direction/where characters are in general.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all are on moon space.

View Original PostdeeRez wrote:So Asuka's baseball hat is specially modified to allow for neko-plugs?

Based Sadamoto delivers.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 pm

^So many fetishes rolled up into one.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Based Sadamoto delivers.

But did anyone ever ask for this?
SPOILER: Show
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:16 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they all are on moon space.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree, this all looks very moon basey and not Nerv headquarters or anything. I'm just wondering how bad that angel must be if everybody is going into outer space...

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Yeah I'm inclined to agree, this all looks very moon basey and not Nerv headquarters or anything. I'm just wondering how bad that angel must be if everybody is going into outer space...

It would explain few things:

- where key NERV operations relocate after Zeruel shat over Geofront
- the visual designs and the somewhat "pale", artificial colour scheme best matches what we've seen of moon base in previous films
- in fact take look at room Shinji is in that fisheye lens shot, esp. the mechanical "leg" or whatever on left. Whole pic gives me 2001 vibes.
- we already know space is going to be major set in the film with all the focus on Asuka's space fight
- the shot of Asuka feels like one just before she heads for Eva 2.0. Since Asuka fights with 2.0 in space it's logically most likely that she launches from moon
- what we see of background behinf Asuka matches well with what we've seen in Shinji scenes in this trailer and previous one
- hence Shinji is most likely on same location too

I'd say early act of the film takes place in moon before they eventually return to Earth.

as for people wondering about 3.0 preview footage at end of 2.0: guys, that's just they animated precisely for the preview clip back in the day. There's no reason to suspect they use that footage. They scrapped it all last time around and I know other Gekijoubans who have done same with their "preview" footage stuck at end of first film.
Last edited by Xard on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:24 pm

First shot of pink Eva has clouds. So not on the moon then. I'm still going for trying to prevent Unit 2 or something else from going to space OR eliminating something that in turn is trying to stop Unit 2 or whatever getting there.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:25 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:First shot of pink Eva has clouds. So not on the moon then. I'm still going for trying to prevent Unit 2 or something else from going to space OR eliminating something that in turn is trying to stop Unit 2 or whatever getting there.

There's no reason to assume the whole film takes place on moon. I'd say it'll be at most opening (or middle) act. They'll return to Earth without doubt.

So no, footage most-likely-not-from-moon doesn't count as evidence against them being on moon

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:37 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:There's no reason to assume the whole film takes place on moon. I'd say it'll be at most opening (or middle) act. They'll return to Earth without doubt.

One of the scenes look's like Shikinami is underwater.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:37 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:
PINKIE-CHAN 4ME DO NOT STEAL
:rei_hissyfit:

You can have her. I want the brunette.

View Original PostNa7e wrote:One of the scenes look's like Shikinami is underwater.

Entry plug, LCL.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Entry plug, LCL.

After the shot of her wallowing in pain. When Unit-02 is traveling downwards you can see a bubble trail in the 720P version.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm

They finally did it, they actually got me excited for the movie bigtime.

I like everything about this trailer. The new characters are serious looking in their shots. Let Mari have all the silliness. The main cast are emoting, are interesting. Shocked/surprised (and halted?) Shinji; angry Kaworu; sullen and contemplative Asuka. This is the stuff I wanted in a movie and a trailer. It looks like there's going to be connection, there's going to be pathos in numerous characters.

The way things are shot looks like serious business. That last uncomfortably long shot of Eva-02 gives me chills. Shit looks like its not only going to continue getting real, but it might even be getting treated real. Definitely hyped, as someone else said looks like this movie is going to be fucking crazy.
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:And finally whats that game with the tiles...someone in playing.
Shogi ("Chinese chess") IIRC, Gendo played a game with Fuyutsuki at one point.

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Did anyone notice that Unit-02's right arm at about 0:37 in the trailer appears to be made out of light?
Yet another new action figure opportunity spotted.

View Original PostTheTuna wrote:Well, Unit-08 certainly got one hell of a redesign
Looks like Kitoh had a hand in the design of the pink one.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

I keep looking at the color scheme of the film and it excites me! And why shouldn't it? So far the Rebuild films have perfectly corresponded to NGE -

1.0 basically transported the melancholic Prologue Arc (Eps 1-6) directly to the silver screen, keeping the same tone.

2.0 compressed and moved the dramatically classic Action Arc (Eps 7-15) with all it's traditional anime tropes over to the big screen before turning things around with the more serious last act (Eps 16-19).

NGE is fantastic & my favorite thing (like ever) but it's really the last Arc (Eps 20-26/EOE) that elevates the entire franchise to the next level. Everything stopped being about fun & games & started to MEAN SOMETHING.

With any luck 3.0 is going to follow that example! So far, the aesthetics of the surrounding environments (it's cliche to say but they're almost Kubrick-esque) hint the fun times of school & friendly dinners are past.

Hurray!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Also, yeah, I'm loving the stark look of the film from the trailer. The use of red in particular is makes the filmmaker in me all giddy!

Yeah, something I always loved about Eva's easthetics was the use of large areas of simple stark red. I was kinda dissapointed that the dummy plug wasn't red anymore, but we'll see.

@Asuka's hat I think it's less specifically crafted and more the clips are just simply showing/bulging.

All in all, it makes me confident that 3.0 will follow on the EPICNESS and GENIUS that we saw in the previous two movies, and shut up all those people who claim the "depht" is gone from Rebuild (which it never was, if you ask me)

Looks like it will be really eventful and packed with all sorts of plot! I just hope it still takes its time for the characters, but at least Shinji and Kaworu obviously weren't forgotten, we've seen them with many expressions/situation here. Anything with Rei or Mari would probably spoil too much.

Scenes that need more love:

those fingers and the mobile - Rebuild version of Kaji's last Message.

Random blood wave - the ANIMATION, all those LITTLE LINES! Pretty!
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Mhhhh... I see a lot of hype here today but I don't feel part of this party, I guess that my hypeness is directly proportional to the screetime given to Kaworu in these trailers...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:16 pm

PS. Took a look at this talk about Unit 02 arm being made of light like Unit 01 at the end of the last film...

Nah. The arm itself is white & they're using some sort of reflection effect on it. Just a classic Eva arm.

P.S.S. Kaworu is going to be centerforce in 3.0. My guess is the leads in the new film are Shinji, Rei, & Kaworu.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:22 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I see a lot of hype here today but I don't feel part of this party
After the restrained trailer we got a couple of weeks back, this one looks like it dives straight into the Michael Bay school of showing off your product. And when it's something I won't get around to watching for about another 5-6 years, after the belated UK edition of 4.0, it's way too soon to get hyped.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”