Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

You people are making me worry. I'm worried, damnit.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

View Original Postohnasti wrote:Image

^ I want Asuka's hat now.

View Original PostChrad wrote:I love the music. Kind of reminds me of Berserk, actually.

Surely her role in this is bigger than just showing up for some big action scenes and then dying. Why not just kill her off in the Bardiel incident then?

Hopefully she'll get some development like her backstory but I'm not expecting much.Just remember Asuka's role in the EoE, she acted as the action girl and then died .

Just throwing it out there but maybe brown haired girl is a younger Kyoko.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:I wonder if it's possible that Asuka loses an arm due to the beam weapons? She looks horrible I'm getting EoE vibes from this, she been through enough already.
Kaworu looks really pissed off, but at who?

Asuka losing both an eye and an arm over the course of Rebuild of Evangelion would be fitting, in light of the injuries EoE-Asuka sustained. However, it could be that the point of Asuka Langley Shikinami is that she does not fail in the end despite grievous injuries, where Asuka Langley Soryu fought herself to death and still failed.

I agree many above that the pink evangelion would fit Mari very well.

If we look closely at the background for many of the scenes we see Shinji in, we see two sets of backgrounds:
- Windowless steel walls and red floors;
- Concrete floors with no visible walls.
I believe the steel walls and red floors could be consistent with the interior of the naval vessel we saw in the first "Next Time Preview" (and the recent trailer), especially considering that the shot coincides with Misato saying that NERV staff is held in custody. Ultimately, Shinji is a member of NERV staff, too.
The concrete floors could be consistent with the ruins of Tokyo 3, but it could also still be some part of that same ship.

Note that the one shot we have of Rei outside of a tube is her standing inside a warmly lit room, which suggests it is nothing like the environment Shinji is in.

Finally, we have yet to see a single shot of Unit-01 (other than the very first shot of the "Next Time Preview"), of Shinji in a plug suit or of him inside an entry plug. I believe that this may tie in to Shinji's character development: he has learned that he can act on his wishes, but he has yet to learn how to do so without an Evangelion. Kaworu may be attempting to teach him how to enjoy real life, rather than an existence that revolves around returning to the [s]womb[/s] entry plug regularly.

ohnasti
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohnasti » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 am

Talking about Asuka losing an arm........
in the preview there is a scene where she gets hurt in the arm.
SPOILER: Show

i dont think nothing happens to her arm tough. and if Asuka by a miracle of god, dies. i will not watch Evangelion 4.0

i did kind of hated how Asuka destroyed the s2 engines, and they just came back like if it was nothing.
Last edited by ohnasti on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Hopefully she'll get some development like her backstory but I'm not expecting much.Just remember Asuka's role in the EoE, she acted as the action girl and then died .

On the surface, sure. But she wasn't just written out.
Also, this is only the third of four films.
View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Note that the one shot we have of Rei outside of a tube is her standing inside a warmly lit room, which suggests it is nothing like the environment Shinji is in.

The line about Shinji awakening beside a mysterious boy do seem to suggest that Kaworu (intentionally?) isolates Shinji and separates him from Rei.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 am

I am so confus.

Looks like this movie is going to be completely fucking insane.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Tetsu Aero
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsu Aero » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

I'm pretty sure the pink haired girl is just some Nerv employee, because she is not with the chosen children in the shadow photo.

I am 100% sure it is Mari who is the pilot for EVA. If no one hadn't noticed she does have a pink plugsuit. <.<

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:28 am

View Original PostChrad wrote:The line about Shinji awakening beside a mysterious boy do seem to suggest that Kaworu (intentionally?) isolates Shinji and separates him from Rei.

Of course. There can be no meaningful interaction between Shinji and Kaworu if Rei (or Misato, or Kaji, or Asuka, or Toji, or Kensuke, or Gendo) is close by. (Not that Shinji would be too attached to Gendo, but rather that Gendo would take steps to get rid of Kaworu.)

However, I am also expecting meaningful interaction between Rei and Kaworu at some point, and I don't know how that is going to happen.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:

Finally, we have yet to see a single shot of Unit-01 (other than the very first shot of the "Next Time Preview"), of Shinji in a plug suit or of him inside an entry plug. I believe that this may tie in to Shinji's character development: he has learned that he can act on his wishes, but he has yet to learn how to do so without an Evangelion. Kaworu may be attempting to teach him how to enjoy real life, rather than an existence that revolves around returning to the [s]womb[/s] entry plug regFularly.

Shinji being in lock down would be consistent with the first preview where they mention Nerv staff being detained. Kaworu Helping Shinji kick his dependency on Eva would be a step in the right direction, though Shinji might protest at first . Moving on we didn't see much of Mari outside piloting the Eva but honestly I expected that. At the very least they might tell us who she works for.

View Original PostChrad wrote:On the surface, sure. But she wasn't just written out.
Also, this is only the third of four films.

Sure she wasn't written out but her reason for living was ripped away leaving her completely empty, I was just pointing out the eerie similarities between the films.

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I swear there's a pink-haired woman in one of the Gundam shows that looks like the pink-haired (alleged) Bridge Bunny.

She looks like Haman Karn.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

ohnasti
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohnasti » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:37 am

View Original PostTetsu Aero wrote:I'm pretty sure the pink haired girl is just some Nerv employee, because she is not with the chosen children in the shadow photo.

I am 100% sure it is Mari who is the pilot for EVA. If no one hadn't noticed she does have a pink plugsuit. <.<

she does have a nerv employee like uniform. problably a new uniform for space?
anyways i dont like her at all..

also... what angel is this or what angel can it be?

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 am

Ok so from this trailer I can assume that nothing from the original next time preview (the old one with multi-Rei clones) is going to be in this film. There are way too many differences for that stuff to even matter anymore.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Ok so from this trailer I can assume that nothing from the original next time preview (the old one with multi-Rei clones) is going to be in this film. There are way too many differences for that stuff to even matter anymore.

What!? Have we even seen two whole minutes of screen time yet when you add all this stuff together? I think they've got some room.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Ok so from this trailer I can assume that nothing from the original next time preview (the old one with multi-Rei clones) is going to be in this film. There are way too many differences for that stuff to even matter anymore.

False.

We still have fewer than 5 minutes of trailer and preview footage, and this is including any overlaps. The movie will be 120-180 minutes.

Maybe some shots will be changed or presented in a different context (like a redesign of Unit-08), but I have no reason to believe that the premise as described will be changed.

For example:
- The next time preview shows a naval vessel, and so does the most recent trailer.
- Rei could be recovered/revived, and she may be confronted with a number of her clones.
- Gendo and Fuyutsuki have not been featured in the trailers, so them going on a desert expedition is not out.
- Mari taking off her glasses while apparently naked could be the aftermath of the 10th Angel ("Zeruel") battle, where she is taken in to custody.
- Kaji wielding a gun could very well be consistent with him being held in confinement, e.g. a desperate escape attempt. Recall that the background in that shot appears to feature steel walls, too.
- Kaworu meeting the "children of fate" is not contradicted by the fact that he is seen playing the piano with Shinji.
- Unit-06 descending down the shaft to Terminal Dogma is not contradicted by anything we have seen either.

Not to mention that Asuka being alive and wearing an eyepatch is actually corroborated by the more recent trailers.

Edited to add: Misato's final promise of "Service! Service!" is a tongue-in-cheek remark, so don't be miffed if that one does not come true.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Edited to add: Misato's final promise of "Service! Service!" is a tongue-in-cheek remark, so don't be miffed if that one does not come true.

Indeed, her promises of such generally presage fairly grim events.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:She looks like Haman Karn.

No, just no. If anything she looks like Simone from Star Driver.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Could the non-pink new character be a young Misato? Eyes are the same colour.

I like the hat shot of Asuka, has something of the 'yeah, lets do this' about it.

I think Asuka will be rescued/backed-up by Mari. I'm still of the opinion that they haven't written out this whole 'previous known to each other and/or rivals' thing they had for 2.0 and just held it back for later.

Nyargh, just noticed something. The beat-up NERV logo at 0:36 is actually a shield or some other covering for Space Unit 02. It explodes or is shattered and is otherwise cast away.

Finally have a theory that Shinji will be forced to watch/listen and/or be prevented from helping Asuka by Karowu. The latter trying to persuade Shinji that this is how things should be etc etc. Parallels with the end of '25 maybe?
Last edited by Jayfive on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Indeed, her promises of such generally presage fairly grim events.

Actually in the old series Misato stopped giving that promise exactly when the grim events started falling on Shinji's head.
View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:But Shinji's eyes are blue, weren't they??

Manga!Shinji-ko?
View Original Postjimmiel wrote:

I don't recall seeing angry Kaworu... ever. I know he's been melancholy and stern, but has he ever actually been pissed off?

He looked kinda pissed off when he said that "kondo koso kimi dake wa shiawase ni shite miseru", Kaworu has some serious business going on right now, he can't deal with all the small details, that's probably why he's angry.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Dude, that gif looks downright dreary. Like she knows she's going off on a suicide mission, and resigned herself to death.

I thought she was just supposed to look cool and serious, like, she knows shit gets real. I mean, look at the post-bellum shot of EVA 01 after the Sahaquiel battle. The arms were reduced to broken Bones. Mari also lost EVa 02's arm... When has getting an EVA's arm blown off ever detered anyone in this show?
Asuka won't be taken out from just that.

aldo, did you notice how the little skull on her hat is wearing an eyepatch, too? Her outfit is so cool, Rebuild might even get me to start liking Asuka if it continues like this...

All the trailers so far seem to have focussed on very different aspects of the same movie, I mean, 2.x was already the point where Anno made his decisions to change stuff, so it would be changed a lot with tghis "mutation" process but afterwards, he got his concept straight, didn't he?

Also, I wouldn't write off Shinji yet.

So yeah, looks like this will be an interesting new addition to the frachise.

Please, someone camrip it! Somebody sub it! Fast! Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast! before we all go nuts with anticipation - if only I could speak Japanese T~T
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm

More stuff:
The two shots of what we assume to be Unit 08 are not in space and appear to be on a platform of some kind, could whoever is in there be trying to stop Unit 2 from taking off in whatever Type equipment it is.

Also, the shot of agitated Shinji at 0:39 might be one of those 'from a cameras perspective' type ones at the background seems curved like a fish-eye lens. Could he be shouting at those who have him incarcerated?
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

ohnasti
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohnasti » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z4RxD56JIPY

720p Version.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”