If End of Evangelion had an ending song...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 am

View Original Postevangelist wrote:Hope they bring back Fly me to the Moon.

I agree. Maybe a reworked version rather than the TV version to fit with the whole scope of the movie.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 pm

This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 pm

How about this

SPOILER: Show

This one is probably the better choice over the last one
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3zwKgz8hsI[/url]
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 pm

I'd go with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3ruuml-R4
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

The Cruel
Banned

If End of Evangelion had an ending song...

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Hy Guys.

This topic might be old, but when there's an fitting ending song for EoE, then it's Samuel Barbers Adagio for Strings from the movies The Elephant Man (David Lynch) and Platoon (Oliver Stone).

It should start right at the moment, where Shinji begins to choke Asuka on the beach and it all goes trough the credit roll.

This classic and iconic composition gives the ending a truly sad and shivering feeling.

The Idea for this was because of the songs II Air and Jesus bleibt meine Freude by Johann Sebastian Bach, that are also part of the EoE soundtrack.

If nobody knows these films or this song then here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L450
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

ApolloIVtv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ApolloIVtv » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 am

"Thanatos: If I can't be yours" was the ending song, it was just in the middle of the movie to separate ep 25' and 26', and also because the ending is more stronger that way. When it just ends and there's no more credits, it enhances the overall impact of the ending, and the credits, with any song (even thanatos), would ruin it, imo.

But if I had to choose, maybe another rendition of Rei II. I don't know, I actually really liked that song even though it was only played once during the entire saga of Evangelion, and I think it would be a fitting end. If not, maybe another rendition of Thanatos (the show version, not the one I just mentioned). Even though there is already another rendition of it in the OST, maybe a slower version of the song played on a piano would work best.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:24 am

View Original PostApolloIVtv wrote:"Thanatos: If I can't be yours" was the ending song, it was just in the middle of the movie to separate ep 25' and 26', and also because the ending is more stronger that way. When it just ends and there's no more credits, it enhances the overall impact of the ending, and the credits, with any song (even thanatos), would ruin it, imo.

I knew that EoE had actually the credit role only between ep 25' and 26', since I'd read this article before:

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Guides:Episode_25%27/26%27_Video_vs._The_End_of_Evangelion

The latest releases on DVD from Manga Entertainment and Panini Video had an simple credit roll right after the "End of Film"-Mark and Thanatos was played during this once more.

You're right about the ending. It was intended that only the waves can be heared in the background. And then there was only silence.

It sucks that the other releases haven't exactly this version of EoE.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Ringworm128
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ringworm128 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 am

I would choose....
SPOILER: Show
Who Let The Dogs Out.
Chuckman#695701 wrote:Don't you understand? The best way to shelter children from the mind-warping horror that is a pair of perky teen tits is to blindfold them with guts.

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:22 am

Already on it!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9rGrXNJmMo&feature=youtu.be

(Made for my latest cut of Concurrency EoE.)

I suspected that 'Soul's Refrain' was written with the prospect to be End of Evangelion's end credits theme. If it wasn't, well then, it goes darn well with it.

(In a previous version of my Concurrency edit, I had used the 2009 version of Fly me to the Moon. But now I think the song is too much of an imposition onto how the movie really ended.

Everything You've Ever Dreamed is used as my 26'' end credits theme, which fits between the original 25 and 26. My cut splits Concurrency into 3 ~45 minute episodes, 25'', 26'', and Finale'. Note on E.Y.E.D: it has the same running time as Come Sweet Death and shares pacing cues with it, so it must have been an alternative for the Third Impact sequence.

Somewhat related: I'll be putting out a newly edited opening sequence to 'Heart! Return to your Origin' soon. Equally interesting note on that song: it shares a run time and pacing cues with Cruel Angel's Thesis.)
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:37 pm

EoE does have an ending song. It plays over the credits.

The problem is it's in the middle. :lol:

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanatos works better in the middle, as (I'm persuaded) it's from Rei's perspective before she decides to ditch Gendo and help Shinji. Such a song doesn't really have its place by the end of the movie, which is more focused on Shinji and Asuka, I think.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 pm

I heard one of the laser disc released of End of Evangelion had Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring played by a string quartet after Asuka's final line, with credits running across the screen from side-to-side like they did in Death and Rebirth.

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm

^ Almost. Got all the details right, except that the credits scroll vertically. White text on black, with what looks like snow falling in the background. Its found on the TV Version mentioned a few posts up (which I own and can thus confirm).

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:10 pm

^ Yup. That's right; at some point, those laserdisc credits were up on Youtube, though they've been taken down since. It's what gave me the idea to put snow falling in the background on the end credits I made. (Which is what I linked above).

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”