Official Welcome Thread Nov-13-2010 to Sep-16-2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:21 pm

View Original Postbeecass wrote:Hi, everyone! I'm a fairly long time lurker of the forum, but decided to join a while ago after itching to put my two cents in a few too many times. I'm a graduating film student from Australia (you can check out some of my work here and here), and got into Eva about three years ago. I hope that I can offer a unique critical, fun perspective on a franchise that has meant a lot to me artistically over the last couple of years - I've never really been part of a proper fan community before, so try to be gentle!

Ok I got to ask since you are from Australia. Have you ever been hit in the nuts by a kangaroo?
Welcome back Aiko
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Have you ever been hit in the nuts by a kangaroo?

It's a right of passage for all male Australians. On our 13th birthday we're taken by our fathers out to the bush (or if we live in the city to a K-Post Office where they keep the kangaroo mail-men) where we find a kangaroo and get hit in the balls.

It's a sacred ritual.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:06 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Why do i picture EGF attempting to start Instrumentality after reading this?
Because it's the next logical step. :sly:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:It's a sacred ritual.

What about giant spiders and dingos? Are they involved in other coming of age rituals?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:10 am

Yeah, you don't wanna know about those rituals... Trust me.

:bigeyes:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:16 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:What about giant spiders and dingos? Are they involved in other coming of age rituals?
I gather the former have something to do with potty-training.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hi I'm Asylum
Embryo

Postby Hi I'm Asylum » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Ah, hello. I like Evangelion and have browsed this place for awhile in an attempt to understand it more. The amount of work that has been dedicated by the users of this forum to the show is impressive. I hope that my barely contained stupidity will not offend you. I have a tendency to post on the internet and then fall immediately into an irrevocable existential crisis regarding the meaningless of posting something on the internet, followed shortly by the deletion of whatever account I was using. So goodbye in case I don't say it as well. I will try to contribute something meaningful before I leave. Maybe, if it's not too much of a hassle.
It's the only NEET thing to do.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm

If it's any consolation "meaning" is just an arbitrary categorization anyway
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:10 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:If it's any consolation "meaning" is just an arbitrary categorization anyway

Wittgenstein?

uuhhhh anyway, welcome

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh come on, Xard, I was panhandling for his inevitable response.

I can't get a feel for someone's philosophical outlook without making a loaded statement
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Oh come on, Xard, I was panhandling for his inevitable response.

Sorry, I was just reading some guy's rants about questions of meaning and purpose and language from very.... early-Wittgensteinian perspective that was old and busted by 50s already but since guy had formed his life attitude around the principle he stuck to it like a stubborn mule... as usual what I do on other hand (tab) spills over into another :P

Return to “Old Stickies”