Happy Birthday Thread [Until March 2014]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks everyone. After a quick shower it's lunch or breakfast with the family, then we might check out this mythical three floor super thrift store that allegedly has a whole row of typewriters. If possible, I'm going to see if I can drag the old people and the child to a Half Price Books. I used to go all the time with Lizzy, but we haven't been in over a year.

That's the sweetest thing anybody has ever said to me.

Though if the fat lady is to be believed, she was so swollen with amniotic fluid that when the doctor first cut into her, everyone in the room jumped back because there was suddenly a waterfall and the horizon of her swollen belly immediately sagged several inches.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:I feel like I remember Xard posting something about him not feeling like he was getting proper respect or that he felt like he was done discussing Eva or something.

Basically that and according to somebody (was it Alemann? was it Nick? was it someone else? I honestly can't remember) he felt he was really, uhh, going into places with his poetry and he wanted to focus on that instead of getting stuck on discussing old animu on internet forum.

I'm afraid I've played a big role in souring his experience -o-;

Still, I don't hate the guy and wish him all the best.

Also, happy birthday to our resident Mugwump. You know, just two weeks ago I wanted to buy Naked Lunch but the store had sold out :(

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:27 pm

I always liked the guy but sometimes I felt like he had some sort of innate need to be the "be all and end all" of the film discussion and opinions of the forum, and that none of us were allowed to have differing opinions from his. Of course, I had the whole "academic elitism" thing going for me for quite a while there, so I can't say I'm really innocent in all of this either.

But yeah, this is a birthday thread, so I'll stop right there. Mod can say "topic bitches" or whatever.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:I always liked the guy but sometimes I felt like he had some sort of innate need to be the "be all and end all" of the film discussion and opinions of the forum, and that none of us were allowed to have differing opinions from his. Of course, I had the whole "academic elitism" thing going for me for quite a while there, so I can't say I'm really innocent in all of this either.

Wait, that sounds familiar . . . :sweatdrop:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:28 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:I always liked the guy but sometimes I felt like he had some sort of innate need to be the "be all and end all" of the film discussion and opinions of the forum, and that none of us were allowed to have differing opinions from his. Of course, I had the whole "academic elitism" thing going for me for quite a while there, so I can't say I'm really innocent in all of this either.

Academic elitism is cool, Jimbo's rampant nonsense, fallacies and uninterest in actually learning anything new wasn't and really managed to piss me off over time. Too bad, really.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 am

Happy birthday, evafanatic!
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Happy birthday Reichu! You are now officially old. :lol:

When I was a young child, I thought adulthood didn't begin until 30. I'd never seen nor heard of someone, even in fiction, who was in their 20s and wasn't still considered a "kid". They would always be college "kids" or they would always be called "boy" by their elders. It was only the 30-on-ups who ever seemed to be considered true adults. That idea osmosed into me so naturally that I was genuinely shocked to find out that legal adulthood starts at 18.

I also believed that even the most minor form of "old" didn't begin until 40, because that's when I noticed my dad's hair turning grey.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:When I was a young child, I thought adulthood didn't begin until 30.

There are people that never really reach "mental" adulthood.

Also, wasn´t 30 years the time most people were expected to live 5 000 years ago?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 pm

*checks time*
*12:00 A.M.*

So what did you guys get me? It better be that sports car I always wanted.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:08 pm

I got you an ice cream cake! Happy birthday TheFriskyIan!
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 am

I got you a rock to go with your avatar. Happy birthday, TheFriskyIan!
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:03 am

Thank you all, however I would prefer if you would just call me Ian, The Frisky part is more of a title than a name. Now it's time to indulge in some traditional Birthday activities.

@Crazy: It's okay, I will still love you.
Last edited by TheFriskyIan on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 am

Happy birthday Ian! I got you a...a... I got you nothing. I´m sorry.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:40 am

Happy birthday, Lucretius!

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Happy birthday, Lucretius!

I second that.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am

Is it too late to say Happy B-Day? Habby B-Day!

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 pm

LUC COME BACK MY BODY IS READY
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh Luc, I'm going to shove my arm so deep inside of you that you too will feel all the pain and trauma of giving birth. At least as far as wear to the elastic goes.

Happy Birthday, you stud. :3
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Thank you all, however I would prefer if you would just call me Ian, The Frisky part is more of a title than a name.

Maybe put a note about that in your sig?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Happy birthday, Luc.

Ian, Asuka would like to wish you a happy birthday. She sent a picture and everything!

SPOILER: Show

It's possible she wasn't being entirely sincere when she said that.

*ahem* Sorry, couldn't resist. :heehee: Hope the day was happy.[/img]
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”