Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Just preordered! :asuka_thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up arael!

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:23 am

Oh damn that looks incredible!
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:26 am

But it's ugly, and we don't even know if Kyoko-sama is in there . . .

Meh. I'll wait 'til we see what happens in 3.0 before jumping on the bandwagon.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 pm

According to hobby search it's full name is Revoltech Eva Unit 02 [Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance TV Edition] Trailer Ver.! I feel a unit 05 movie colour style revision coming some way down the line.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:According to hobby search it's full name is Revoltech Eva Unit 02 [Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance TV Edition] Trailer Ver.! I feel a unit 05 movie colour style revision coming some way down the line.

Too bad I won't mind painting mine...

Besides... How much could it have changed?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 am

Not a clue, just thought I'd point it out. I'm in two minds about getting this thing, on the one hand it's a new (ish) and looks pretty darn cool, on the other I'm not a fan of the eva evo sculpt so I might hold off for a bit, or until the eva frenzy takes me and I can't resist, break and by it any way.

Wonder how long it'll be until bandai get in on the game?

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 am

Hey Fellas.

It's been a long time since I last came here and was missing you guys.
I saw lots of new Revoltech figures in the last posts, though I'd like to know from you guys, if Bandai already released any intel about RD for Evangelion 3.0.

Thanks fellas. :D

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Jota,
From RD Eva side you've 01 (version: normal/night combat & 400%) 02 ( version: normal & beast) 00 yellow and 03, I did not find any information of a next release either.

SPOILER: Show

This one comes from SRW goodies.

SPOILER: Show

My dusty Derpina 01.
In finition , this figure is neatly done.
The range of the articulations is globaly narrow, especially at the shoulders, but when you see that complexity of the design you can imagine the pain it is to work on the articulation ability.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:36 pm

^
What does that has anything to do with what jota asked?

No, no 3.0 RD news so far... Since they like to play it "safe" they will probably release them after the movie (and more than half of them will be LEd's)

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks both of you guys.

I saw some pics of that new revoltech unit 02 damaged and reconstructed, i found it quite nice. Is there any other new revo coming soon from 3.0? Right now I'm starting a 1/6 scale collection, but Evas are always welcome in my house.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 pm

View Original Postjota wrote:Thanks both of you guys.

I saw some pics of that new revoltech unit 02 damaged and reconstructed, i found it quite nice. Is there any other new revo coming soon from 3.0? Right now I'm starting a 1/6 scale collection, but Evas are always welcome in my house.

Revoltech has only announced Eva 02 beta, I guess the rest will come after the movie, but some of us fear it may be "Eva 05 preliminary"and "05 movie color" all over again, so think carefully...

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby jota » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:24 pm

I am quite lost about this 3.0 movie, the only thing I saw about it is that pic of Unit 02 so called beta. In spite of it all I am anxious to see it, and I hope revoltech and robot damashii give us nice figures again.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Brainman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:50 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Quick!
Eva 02 β now at AmiAmi!

My order is ready XD

Probably going to pre-order mine tonight. The more I look at it, the more I imagine the Terminator theme in my head.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:25 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Wonder how long it'll be until bandai get in on the game?

Long enough for expectation to generate to a point where people won't mind buying all the figures as LE's...

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 am

The horror, the horror...

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Jota- My pleasure to be useless :p!
If I find something related to what you're looking for concerning RD I'll keep in mind to report it to you.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:41 pm

I need some peer opinion:
Remember Eva 03 of the 2.0 mold... Remember that once you ripped off the magazine the "spine" of the box would end up all, well... Cardboardy?
I'm making an image to print on adhesive paper to paste on the spine of the box of Eva 03 and my custom Eva 04 like I did here; the question is: How does the name for Eva 04 sounds best?
"Evangelion Generation Testbed Unit 04" or "Evangelion Generation Test Model 04" or "Evangelion Production Model 04"?
Any other suggestions?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 am

Hey guys, I'm after some general advice regarding Evangelion figurines/models and I wasn't really able to gather the info I need by skimming the thread.

I was wondering what are the best figures to get? Basically I want to pick up some pieces when I'm in Japan next. Unit-01 and Unit-02 to be exact (Maybe even 00 as well).

I'm after something that is actually decently sized - Not like the little Revoltech thingies. I've noticed there are ones that come boxed, think they're from Bandai, which are almost like model kits. They look alright but I wasn't able to tell how big they'd actually be. On top of that, it's been years since I've but a model together (Used to do jets and helicopters when I was a kid and Warhammer 40K stuff in my early teens) so hopefully they're not too demanding in that respect. I'll enjoy putting something together if it's good though.

Thanking you in advance, as any advice would be appreciated.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I'm after something that is actually decently sized

Well... The RAH Eva 01 is big...
I saw ones that are pretty big, but I don't recall it's name or manufacturer... Or size... But I do remember it came with an in-scale pilot!

I wonder what would the fandom of Eva do with the pseudo-psychoanalysis involved and you asking for size...

Meanwhile: week post!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

The Unit-01 RAH looks amazing and 39cm is pretty good. I just wanted something that was taller than the the character figures I've already got. Love the proportions/lankiness too - Pertaining that anatomically correct, or "man-in-suit" look of Rebuild, which I really dig. That's the reason why I dig EGK in EOE as well (Not REGK though. No way, haha).

The RAH is not out yet though? Seems like it's just up for pre-orders ATM, so I may just hold off and get this when it drops. That Q version Asuka too!

I wonder what would the fandom of Eva do with the pseudo-psychoanalysis involved and you asking for size...

Heh. Well, hey, you went there man... Not me, haha.

:wink:

Thanks heaps for the reply, by the way.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”