This is what happens when I try to act like a normal human

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:27 pm

Shitty deal.

I got permabanned from the both of the biggest Mega Man Legends boards out there. Banned by facist dickholes is no fun.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11808
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:46 pm

I've never been banned from anywhere (IRC channels included)

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True
User avatar
Posts: 23823
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Starship Eva
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Ornette wrote:I've never been banned from anywhere (IRC channels included)

I got temporarily banned from a VGM DC++ hub once for intentionally mislabeling an album to get people to download it. Image

Aside from a couple of warnings at ANF, though, that's it.
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos
User avatar
Posts: 4478
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Location: Mother Base, Mitakihara Waters
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BobBQ » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:00 pm

I've never been banned anywhere. I have no idea why.

Dascoo
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 26, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Dascoo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:17 pm

I got banned from Xfire forums. I flamed like crazy.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos
User avatar
Posts: 4478
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Location: Mother Base, Mitakihara Waters
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BobBQ » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:55 pm

Flaming will do that.

(By the way, is there any particular reason for that G36E being in your sig?)

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Age: 42
Posts: 2020
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:34 pm

I had my account deleted from FF.net (But oddly enough I was never banned) and I think my Evafics.org account was probably banned. Never bothered to go an check if it still worked after I got in a tiff with one of the moderators.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 279
Joined: Feb 24, 2005
Location: Sweden

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sventevith » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:25 pm

Speaking of bans, once when I was 12-13 years old I spammed a Swedish Diablo II board together with some guy so we would reach a daily-record of posts. (There was a counter showing how many posts that had been made so far that day, and how many last day.) I think we reached something like 6000 posts of bullshit - in the end we just created topics named "fod", "09is" and the like. They lift it a little time after, since I was a regular that just went insane for a night.

I also got banned from another forum because I got three warnings (Over the time of 2 years) - two of them for going off-topic. This lead to a one week ban.

That's it I think. :) I also got kicked out from a guild in World of Warcraft because I questioned the management.
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 1236
Joined: Nov 10, 2006
Location: Colby-Sawyer College
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:07 pm

Hunter21 wrote:I had my account deleted from FF.net (But oddly enough I was never banned) and I think my Evafics.org account was probably banned. Never bothered to go an check if it still worked after I got in a tiff with one of the moderators.

How do you get banned from FF.net? I'm not gonna question EvaFics, since I've posted there a total of 2 times I think, but what did you have to do to get the FF folks pissed at you?
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon
User avatar
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 06, 2006
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mundane » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:57 pm

Sventevith wrote:Speaking of bans, once when I was 12-13 years old I spammed a Swedish Diablo II board together with some guy so we would reach a daily-record of posts. (There was a counter showing how many posts that had been made so far that day, and how many last day.) I think we reached something like 6000 posts of bullshit - in the end we just created topics named "fod", "09is" and the like. They lift it a little time after, since I was a regular that just went insane for a night.

I also got banned from another forum because I got three warnings (Over the time of 2 years) - two of them for going off-topic. This lead to a one week ban.

That's it I think. :) I also got kicked out from a guild in World of Warcraft because I questioned the management.


Man, your guild must've sucked mucho ass. We can do damn near anything in our guild.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Age: 42
Posts: 2020
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: Land of 11,842 Lakes
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:40 pm

The Bastard King wrote:
Hunter21 wrote:I had my account deleted from FF.net (But oddly enough I was never banned) and I think my Evafics.org account was probably banned. Never bothered to go an check if it still worked after I got in a tiff with one of the moderators.

How do you get banned from FF.net? I'm not gonna question EvaFics, since I've posted there a total of 2 times I think, but what did you have to do to get the FF folks pissed at you?
Don't rightly know as I never got a real answer I believed to that question myself. Basically I had an account one day and it disappeared the next. But I am not banned as I can create another account if I wanted to.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

AchtungAffen
Banned
User avatar
Age: 38
Posts: 1728
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Location: Sur, pared
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Talking about banning. I keep getting banned from that forum. And it's not because I post there or anything, I generally just look at the pics. But because where I live, there are various idiots who go and post crap over there, and everytime Shingetta shows up, my ISP gets banned.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11808
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:47 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Talking about banning. I keep getting banned from that forum. And it's not because I post there or anything, I generally just look at the pics. But because where I live, there are various idiots who go and post crap over there, and everytime Shingetta shows up, my ISP gets banned.

HAHAHA
you want to see the pictures posted there? PM me.

directedition
Embryo
Posts: 37
Joined: Nov 22, 2006
Location: Catonsville, MD
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby directedition » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Never been banned from anywhere. Not because I follow the rules, but my posts are generally boring enough that admins can't make it to the offensive parts.

Great moment in kicking history: http://www.bash.org/?178890

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
User avatar
Posts: 229
Joined: Aug 04, 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:54 pm

I was banned from Eyes on Final Fantasy for continually telling people their threads were shit. Apart from that, nothing.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

I ramble. A lot. *nods*

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm

Maggotmaster: People just suck at times. On the plus side, you weren't at fault. You didn't even do anything wrong; so I guess it's just a case of power-hungry control freaks. :roll:

Evamonkey: I wondered about why you were banned whenever I read Animenation forum topics. How the hell does a webmater who owns a forum himself get banned? I'd guess that the forum webmaster's just a jerk or something. *shrug* On another topic, that's a cute Kaworu/Asuka pic you have there. ^_^

I've never been banned from boards/sites. I might have gotten warnings about things due to simple ignorance about the rules (such as not realizing I was direct linking, which I did not mean to do because a) it's rude and all that hard work people on the other end put in goes to waste. b) people shouldn't be lazy. it's not that hard to upload pics/whatever onto a free server.) or not staying on topic (which depending on the topic being discussed, it does make sense how that can happen), but that's it. I'm a good little monkey.

FF.net sucks because they don't allow M fics anymore(?? prehaps this has changed finally and I'm not aware of it). Which is stupid, there's NO REASON they shouldn't allow people to post whatever the hell they want, as long as it's labeled with the proper age rating and given content warnings, what's the harm?? Is it run by a bunch of rightwing-fundies or something? Jeez! Hell, I plan on writing some romantic-H (and regular H) fics in the near future, but now I have to resort to aff.net because FF.net sucks ass. >_< I guess this is an example of online petitions not doing shit. :roll:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dascoo
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 26, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Dascoo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:25 am

BobBQ wrote:Flaming will do that.

(By the way, is there any particular reason for that G36E being in your sig?)


Yes.

MaggotMaster
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Proletarier aller L

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MaggotMaster » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:36 pm

lol my SA probation is long over anyway, now I avoid GBS like the plague and post mainly in BYOB
I'M TRYING TO CONVERT YOU TO COMMUNISM WITH MY GODLESS SOCIALIST INTERNET BRAIN WAVES YOU CAPITALIST PIG DOG

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1007
Joined: May 17, 2005
Location: TAKE US TO MEHICO

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Space Penis » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:41 pm

BYOB is just for the people who can't cut it in FYAD.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

brainDamage
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 145
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby brainDamage » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:47 pm

I don't know about being banned, but I HATE having good threads being locked. I got to experience this first hand on the G4 network forum under their Star Trek programming section. I made a thread that said the network had replaced a block of Star Trek with COPS (for those of you who don't know what G4 is, this would be like Comedy Central replacing South Park with Golden Girls.) I was wondering everyone's opinion on it, knowing full well that the network wouldn't make decisions based on our exchanges. Well, like me, most people were completely peeved that we lost a block of Star Trek to COPS and there was some really funny conversations going on, when BAM! locked. I can't stand that shit, the mod said that its a stupid thread b/c G4 won't make programming choices based on what we talk about in forums. NO SHIT, thats what I wrote in the thread. But it doesn't hurt to be hopeful either. If enough people had weighed in on it, G4 might just have noticed. Instead some jobless prick locked the topic before it could get that far. Sucks, cause I love G4.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738


Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest