The "Sequel Theory" Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 pm

View Original PostSon of Lilin wrote:Is it obvious? Us sequel theory backers have the striking similarities between certain elements of Rebuild and the original series to back up our claims while you guys dismiss these things as allusions or things that we don't know about yet - both of which are equally valid viewpoints until November at the soonest.

Not really, since all of that "evidence" has been addressed explicitly in either the show itself or the supplemental materials.

Sorry I think that the sequel theory is a cool idea, regardless of how new it is, and that I don't devote my life to studying every little thing in the series that could possibly disprove it.

Which is another way of saying you endorse a bunk idea because you can't be bothered to pay enough attention to the movies to see why it's bunk. You're effectively using your own ignorance as an argument for your theory, which takes fanwankery to a whole new level.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Son of Lilin
Adam

Postby Son of Lilin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Not really, since all of that "evidence" has been addressed explicitly in either the show itself or the supplemental materials.

Even everything Kaworu says?

Which is another way of saying you endorse a bunk idea because you can't be bothered to pay enough attention to the movies to see why it's bunk. You're effectively using your own ignorance as an argument for your theory, which takes fanwankery to a whole new level.

I'm just saying that you're looking too far into it.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 pm

View Original PostSon of Lilin wrote:Even everything Kaworu says?

Yes, even that. It's been addressed many, many times over the course of this very thread.

I'm just saying that you're looking too far into it.

Except I'm not. Hell, I haven't even seen the movies but once or twice apiece. I'm just paying attention to very basic points others have brought up.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

MarioAyanami128
Embryo

Postby MarioAyanami128 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:30 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Bullshit. Sorry, nothing more to it than that. I understand EoE and EoTV quite well, and it's obvious that nothing in NME follows in any way, shape or form from NGE/EoE (as has been demonstrated in this very thread on multiple occasions). While it's true that Anno could pull just about anything out of his ass it is not true that anything in NME actually supports the notion of it being a sequel to NGE/EoE.

You act like this is something new, when in fact it's been around for a good five years now. Bogus logic isn't innovative or interesting, it's just bogus logic. Don't get mad at us just because we can manage simple reasoning skills (and oh yeah, pay attention to what's actually shown in the films and supplementary material!).

Pfft!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! You actually made me laugh out loud!! XD No joke. And no, I'm not humiliating you, if that's what is coming to your mind now. If you trully did understand the ending, you wouldn't be telling me that the lack of solid connections prove that the sequel theory is wrong. First off, you didn't need to be so harsh just bc someone said something you can't agree on. Grow up. Secondly, if YOU actually read extra material, you would know that Hideaki Anno stated that Evangelion is a story of repetition. I shall not comment on the subject since it would ruin the whole meaning of the ending. I recommend you watching the series again with this perspective. Maybe you'll get what I mean. Oh, and by the way, it hasn't been demonstrated that nothing inclines to that notion. It is simply a matter of interpretation. Oh, nothing supports it, huh? I wonder if you're going to pull out that retarded theory that Kaworu knew Shinji as a kid. THAT would be laughable and this would be a theory to make fun of.

No I don't act like it. In fact, I think you should practice your interpretation, with all due respect. I said that I have been here for a LONG time reading such things. And who are you to say what is bogus logic? Haha!! At least you got that right! XD You have simple reasoning skills. I have effective and complex reasoning skills. Don't worry, I don't blame you.

View Original PostSon of Lilin wrote:I'm just saying that you're looking too far into it.

You said it! I think he is the one who isn't paying attention. It's just too complex for him!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 pm

View Original PostMarioAyanami128 wrote:snip

Cool story bro. Got anything else?

Son of Lilin
Adam

Postby Son of Lilin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Cool story bro. Got anything else?

You just don't get it, man.

MarioAyanami128
Embryo

Postby MarioAyanami128 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:crap

Sure, but I believe you have said enough nonsense for one evening. I bid you good night and good luck in advance, in case you get pissed bc you won't get over the fact that you couldn't understand something that is reasonable enough to compreheend. I can't see what kind of excuse you would pull off over what Kaworu said...

EDIT: People, if you trully want to understand the Sequel Theory, you must understand its basis right at the very end of EoE. Just a thought

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 pm

View Original PostSon of Lilin wrote:You just don't get it, man.

What, that you two are a couple of kids who can't manage basic reasoning skills? I get that just fine. You've admitted outright that you can't be bothered to pay attention to the movies or their supplementary materials, so where do you get off acting like I'm the one who's missing something? Watch the movies, get a clue, and pay attention and the absurdity of your position will be self-evident. Past that there's nothing to get.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 pm

View Original PostMarioAyanami128 wrote:I find it amazing that the Eva fanbase simply F-ing LOVES to hate on the sequel theory...

Welcome to forumland, where everyone hates you unless you agree with the rest, at least, it's easier to find your place here than on the streets.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:22 pm

And the last time people started acting like 5 year olds was why this thread was locked. Guess the 3rd revival of it proved that it still can't be done.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”