Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:14 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Horrid [s]mech[/s] bio-mechanical abomination is horrid! Big guns do not change this. Will wait to see what else Q produces.

Wait...
What was it before!?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Wait...
What was it before!?

Pure win.

Now? Pure win with a band-aid.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Wait...
What was it before!?

Something without oni horns and Beast Mode. IOW, awesome. Now it's trying, but is full of fail. Poor Unit 02. Nothing associated with Asuka ever catches a break. :(
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Something without oni horns and Beast Mode. IOW, awesome. Now it's trying, but is full of fail. Poor Unit 02. Nothing associated with Asuka ever catches a break. :(

It the friggi'n truth...
On the other hand, she sells, so as long as the cow fattens, they will make anything out of Asuka and Unit-02...
And I do mean anything...

But we're drifting off-topic as genes in a small population... Back to the point before a moderator comes -w-

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey areal, just noticed 02 has revo joints in the hips, where these present in the EvaEvos? I always thought there was just a swing mechanism there.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 pm

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:Hey areal, just noticed 02 has revo joints in the hips, where these present in the EvaEvos? I always thought there was just a swing mechanism there.

Yes, there were Revo joints in the hips of the EvaEvos... That and a swinging black plastic piece that "completes" the unarmored part of the Eva's leg...

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Guess I just never noticed that revo joint before.

We'd better get that crossbow too in this package, maybe a prog knife or two, fill out the package abit. Revoltech is usually pretty good about accessories, so here's hoping.

EDIT:
Found some chibi figures coming out of Rei, Asuka, and Kowrou

C-Style Petit EVA Rebuild of Evangelion

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Revoltech EVA Unit-02 Collection

Postby Sarge133 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey guys,

Looking to collect every generation of the Revoltech Eva-02. Need some help to make sure I got them all listed right.

Doing this so I can go from the first to the EvaEvo to better appreciate the advances made. All so I can write up a Robot Damashii vs Revoltech review pitting the RD Eva-02 against the EvaEvo Eva-02. Kind of my take on the debate and which one is better overall, for collectors, for those who want the whole Eva series, etc.

Also can anyone tell me which one(s) have the melting plastic problem and how to prevent it?

Heres what I have down to get:
006 Eva-02 Production (TV Version)
027 Eva-02 (EoE Version) - Now own it
068 Eva-02 2.0 (Movie Version)
090 Eva-02 Beast mode
102 Eva-02 Evangelion Evolution

Right now I have the EoE Eva-02, actually surprised at how much I like it. Considering the bad luck I've had with the ZOE and Aliens Revoltechs, these Eva revos are awesome!

Mighty Gojira
Embryo

Postby Mighty Gojira » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 am

You'll need this one, too.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17uhos560p7z6jpg/original.jpg

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm hoping to finish this collection before that comes out, I have three months to do it, so I'm figuring a Revo a paycheck.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Well...
The EvaEvo can be still found real cheap at AmiAmi, so hurry!

The Tv version will be tricky as it's both old and popular... A couple of years ago some sites of dubious trustworthiness had it...
Now I think your best shot will be Evilbay... It's not worth more than $60, be patient, someone will eventually launch his own... Mine actually was bought in France or UK along with unit 03 so it was a friggin' bargain XD

The 2.0 mold and the Beast Mode can be also found in some sites, unfortunately neither AmiAmi nor HLJ have it anymore, though they were on stock well after the EvaEvo mold was released... None of them is worth over $45... Now, the thunder spear, an accessory found in the first editions of the Beast Mode Eva is likely to be unobtainable now...

Also, and just for completion's sake, legend speaks of yet another Revoltech Eva 02... I saw it in the magazine Extra that came with my 2.0 Eva 03 (or the Eva came with the magazine?)
Anyway...
The legendary Eva trio clear version! :worship:

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Oh wow arael! Just placed my order for it! $19 for the EvaEvo? Heck yeah! Guess I'm getting the EvaEvo abit earlier than I had figured.

The TV version I sort of figured I'd have to go through Evilbay.

2.0, luckily they can still be found pretty much anywhere. The Beast? that's abit harder. I think they discontinued it or something.

Thunderspear? ehh, I got one with my RD and never use it. I'd rather have an alternate needle gun shoulder pylon.

Maybe this legendary Magazine Eva-02 is like those Mini-Revo Asuka and Rei's.

Unfourtunatly I don't like clear versions or metallic versions. I tend toward the base colors.

Do you know which Eva Revoltechs have the melting plastic problem? I'm not particularly worried, I just want to know which ones to keep an eye on.

Thanks again man! (This EvaEvo better not be so good I have to get the other EvaEvos, I think my wallet will murder you if it does)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 pm

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:I think they discontinued it or something.

Well, they're all discontinued... I actually doubt they make more than 3 or 4 batches...

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:I'd rather have an alternate needle gun shoulder pylon.

Tricky-er... For the 2.0 mold, it came with the LE-Eva 00 AND the 2.0 Eva 02's prog knives actually came with Eva 01... So you'll just have to settle with the S-type equipment...

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:Do you know which Eva Revoltechs have the melting plastic problem?

Never heard of that... Unless the problem was first reported by the firemen department... The Tv and EoE have a sticky glossy finish that will eventually accumulate unwanted (and unremovable) dirt... My Yellow Eva 00 suffered that... There are specs of dust literally embedded in the finish, so be careful there...

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:(This EvaEvo better not be so good I have to get the other EvaEvos, I think my wallet will murder you if it does)

Have the same problem with HT... Luckily when I'm window shopping those my wallet just does this and says: "u kidding?"

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Well, they're all discontinued... I actually doubt they make more than 3 or 4 batches...

They're just HUUUGE batches

View Original Postarael wrote:Tricky-er... For the 2.0 mold, it came with the LE-Eva 00 AND the 2.0 Eva 02's prog knives actually came with Eva 01... So you'll just have to settle with the S-type equipment...

yeah...I'll take my axe, crossbow, and jet pack. It'll be a rough life without a toothpick, but I think I can handle without :fighter:

Really though, I want the 2.0 mold mostly because it was an evolutionary stepping stone in Revo evas...and it's got the axe, and I love that axe.

View Original Postarael wrote:Never heard of that... Unless the problem was first reported by the firemen department... The Tv and EoE have a sticky glossy finish that will eventually accumulate unwanted (and unremovable) dirt... My Yellow Eva 00 suffered that... There are specs of dust literally embedded in the finish, so be careful there...

I had heard the glossy finish would melt/or melt the plastic.

View Original Postarael wrote:Have the same problem with HT... Luckily when I'm window shopping those my wallet just does this and says: "u kidding?"

Thank god THAT bug hasn't bit me yet.

TTam2210
Embryo

Postby TTam2210 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 pm

View Original PostSarge133 wrote:There's a RD Eva-00 up now on Mandarake for cheap if anyone is interested.

Link

Also a SPEC Eva-02 is up for 1000 yen less than I paid for mine, hard to find one for this cheap. Kind of wish I had waited now that I see that one.

Link

Oh! and if anyone is searching for a figure in particular, let me know, I'll keep my eye out for it on my daily browse through Mandarake. It can be abit confusing on how to find certain items.

EDIT:
Just posted up my review on the RD Eva-01 Awakening version!

Where can I find this review?
also, would you recommend the RD eva-1 awakening or the Revoltech one? Or, I seem to recall seeing a image on /m/(a very reliable source, I know...) that seemed to imply something about a new 01 and 06 figures coming, and then there were pics of the new space 02, which seems to imply they were new news. Do you know anything about this or if I should just wait to get it?
why should I be forced to enter all these details just to make an account?

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 pm

My website is in my sig and in my profile.

And the answer to your question is how much do you want to spend? Not much money? Get the Revo. Have some money to spare? RD all the way.

3.0 Eva-02- all we know is that it's coming out October 15th, price 4480 Yen or about $55.

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:27 pm

About Eva-01, as you know, there is an assload of propositions of action figures, mainly from Revoltech.
To watch the pictures from the manufacturers themselves, the Damashii Eva-01 looks good but the design of his hips is close to :derp: .
The Revoltech versions looks pretty good and the hips are well designed.

When I looked the photos of these figures shown by people (such as you), I was pretty disappointed with Eva-01 from Revoltech, I find the sculpt and the paint of the face terrible even if the body still looks good. As for the RD manufacturer's pictures I find them true to the final product.
After that I ended up to choose an ugly crotch over an ugly face. XD (It was the big deal that led me to choose RD.)

This figure possess a good compromise between articulations and esthetic, its shape is intelligently done and a good quality of finition.

This RD Eva looks lazy and calm and a bit bishonen IMO.

Riobot , SoC XS-03 and DamashiiCrotchy.

Note: Riobot version starting price was close to 8000 Yens, the design is nice , sculpt is neat ,the material is good but the articulations are far to be as efficient as they are in a Revoltech and a Damashii, the arms come out too easily and the final product is a bit inferior compared to the what you see in the manufacturer pictures.

I do not consider myself as a collector but I like :tentacles: monsters :tentacles: and look for good action figures of them.

This is thanks to this geek site I was informed about the RHA Eva-01 from Medicom .I pre-ordered it in Amiami and hopefully the € will not fall off like crazy by the time this figure becomes available. 2008 1€=160Yens, 2012 1€ = 98 Yens. <.<

Sarge133
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sarge133 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Just got EvaEvo Unit-02 in today!

Initial review? Meh?

Lots of good and bad going on here for me. I love the poseability, I like the sculpt, pretty good paint, much better Revojoints than in the older Evas. Tons of hands, good extras.

However...

I don't know if I am just not used to the way the shoulder pylons attach to the shoulders. They just fight me every time I try to move the arms. That and the shoulders are "hunched" forward towards the chest. I expected the revojoints to go in at a 90 degree angle to the chest, not the 145 degrees angled forward that they are.

Love the legs though. Works of art they are.

Arms themselves. Good, but the forearm fins hinder hand movement with weapons in hand.

Torso. Lower joint works great, upper joint doesn't move too much.

Head. Love it.

Think you can help me out abit figuring out the shoulders, arael? Since your the resident EvaEvo expert here and all.

Also, this marks the first time I ever bought something off AmiAmi (I know, shock and awe). I usually shop HLJ, never had a problem with them. AmiAmi though was A+ also, bit confusing at first to figure out the order process, but after that was easy. Japan to Michigan,USA in three days. HLJ I think has done that only once for me.

EDIT:

Boxart and more details of the EvaEvo Unit 2 Space Ver!

Link

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Quick!
Eva 02 β now at AmiAmi!

My order is ready XD

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Quick!
Eva 02 β now at AmiAmi!

My order is ready :w00:

And It looks like in addition to the (insert name for space-shuttle thingie) and the big gun we get the good old Progressive Knives and the EM crossbow!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”