Diebuster Questions [SPOYLURZ]

A forum for discussion of other Gainax works, people belonging or related to Gainax and the non-Eva projects they've worked on, media that reference or have distinct parallels to Eva, etc.

Moderator: Board Staff

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 pm

I still hope they'll let Hiroyuki Imaishii do TRIBUSTER. Be a good way to showcase the next generation of GAINAX

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 am

You have to be joking. There's no way there'll be a Tribuster, they already closed the story between the two series. GAINAX wouldn't do that.

Seriously.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Never underestimate the power of the almighty dollar! ...or yen... or whatever.

I mean did anyone ever expect a REBUILD OF EVANGELION or even A Two Film Adaptation of GURREN LAGANN.

Hell, did anyone even expect a sequel to Gunbuster?

There's over 12,000 years of history between Gunbuster and Diebuster. A lot could've happened in that time. And it's not like the universe ends at the conclusion of Diebuster. Personally I don't even see Gun & Die telling a single story. The connections to Gun in the sequel are for the most part superficial and DieBuster works more effective as it's own story than as a continuation to GunBuster. The "oh yeah, it's a sequel" things are mostly just cute. I see the Buster series as more of a representation of GAINAX as a studio. The first one was telling a simple story in a uniquely artistic way a.la. Anno. The second one was telling an emotional story in a kick ass grand scale wham bam animation way. A third one from Imaishii (the third great director to come out of GAINAX post Anno and Tsurumaki,) could be an emotional tale told in pure Imaishii insanity.

But that's just me. Sequel or not the Two Buster series are great.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:20 pm

6. How come a planet-sized ultimate humanoid weapon gets totally pwnd by 3-eyes, but "Nana-gou" Nono and Topless-less Oneesama in the restored Dix-Neuf can effortlessly defeat the thing with Inazuma Double Kick and the power of Sisterly Love? (And I won't accept "hard work and guts" for an answer. )

They did it by kicking reason to the curb and fighting the power!

Reichu wrote:
8. WTF happened to Nono, exactly?

NONO BECAME MAI WAIFU

The real answer is she put a restraining order on brik.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Just like Gunbuster, this gets another 10/10 from me. The ending blew me away and literally made me gasp from surprise, though it was a very pleasant surprise indeed. :nod:

Seriously don't read unless you've already seen the show or don't care about huge  SPOILER: Show
Although we didn't actually see Noriko and Onee-sama on screen, the fact that Nono kept talking about "Nonoriri", I thought for sure Noriko would at least have some kind of cameo, which she sort of does which the mentioning that she's back. ^_^

Maaya Sakamoto shines as Lal'C and now I'm all the more eager to see how she'll perform as Mari in 3.0 and Final. As a random aside, the stock sound that later ended up being Rebuild Ramiel's death scream made me smirk.

Cat42's reply about what happens to Nono (from one of the booklets) works for me as an answer. And while this was more or less Gunbuster meets FLCL (though not as insane of course), I really enjoyed this series, although it did take me until the 3rd episode to really get into it. (Just like Gurren Lagann.)

Hats off to Tsurumaki for making the sequel to an Anno work just as amazing as the original! My love for Gainax has been rekindled! :heart:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Xavierla
Adam

TRIBUSTER!!!!!!!!!!!

•      
  •      

Postby Xavierla » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:37 pm

If they were to do a tribuster it would be something outstanding like the return of nono!

Chrad
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 pm

I thought the ending actually detracts from the power of Gunbuster.
SPOILER: Show
The ending was so moving because even after 12,000 years, Noriko and Kazumi are still remembered. Now we find out that nobody had any clue about them except some stupid moe robot that was programmed to remember?

cat42
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Jung Freud was part of the Gunbuster program. Perhaps she was partially responsible for Nono's programing? It would make more sense to me to have an android remember Noriko than rely on something far more mailable like human memory.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:24 pm

I decided to bump this thread since it's the most recent one made for this topic. Discotek is rereleasing the series. It comes out at the end of May.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm

If Gunbuster's next, I have no idea how I'll react.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Return to “Related Works & People”