[MANGA] [NGE] How would YOU like the Manga to end?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:56 pm

Space Penis wrote:
thewayneiac wrote:
Carl Horn wrote:Of course, in the film ending, the Instrumentality did fail

It failed in the TV ending too.

Hey, whatnow? I thought the TV ending was what happened if Shinji didn't reject Instrumentality. Have I missed something?

Let's use logic. Would it make sense for Shinji to accept instrumentality, thereby ruining the entire main theme of the show that episodes 1-25 built up to?
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:07 am

Phaze wrote:
Space Penis wrote:
thewayneiac wrote:

Hey, whatnow? I thought the TV ending was what happened if Shinji didn't reject Instrumentality. Have I missed something?

Let's use logic. Would it make sense for Shinji to accept instrumentality, thereby ruining the entire main theme of the show that episodes 1-25 built up to?

Phaze 4 teh win! :-D
Natsukashii, ne?

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:18 pm

Phaze wrote:
Space Penis wrote:
thewayneiac wrote:

Exactly. Like I always say, it would be like 12 Angry Men suddenly ending with a guilty verdict.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:14 am

Strangely, Eva Monkey is still on the Jamieson bandwagon with regard to this issue. He says he's reviewed all the arguments and totally failed to be convinced, but I also have yet to see him present his own beliefs in a debate setting... "As long as I don't present my ideas for extensive scrutiny, nobody can prove them wrong!" Something like that, Aaron? :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:25 am

:shifty:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/82202

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Asuka > Rei

RuaDragon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RuaDragon » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:43 am

We all know how the manga is going to end, with Shinji and Rei on a beach.
"Dying is not romantic, and death is not a game which will soon be over...Death is not anything...Death is not...It's the absence of presence , nothing more...The endless time of never coming back...a gap you can't see, and when the wind blows through it, it makes no sound..."
- Guildenstern

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:08 pm

RuaDragon wrote:We all know how the manga is going to end, with Shinji and Rei on a beach.

No doubt with the two of them holding hands and looking into each other's eyes, as the sun sets behind them.

I can't see a strangulation ending here (unless there's an unusual mound in the sand off to one side of that scene).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:11 pm

RuaDragon wrote:We all know how the manga is going to end, with Shinji and Rei on a beach.

Unless something happens on the A/S front in the coming volume, It would seem that you're correct.
Asuka > Rei

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:15 pm

Ryo wrote:

Unless something happens on the A/S front in the coming volume, It would seem that you're correct.

As an Asuka fanboy I'm disappointed. I wwas hoping for an Asuka Shinji connection we don't get in the series, but hell an ending that doesn't make my head hurt would be good too.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:23 am

With Shinji going to Rei " Your a clone of my mom..no..oh God no someone gulge out my eyes"

Ejinathan
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ejinathan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:33 am

I don't think a happy ending is necessary....
But at least Rei who would say before they all die: "Shinji... i love you"
And ten Rei starting to kiss Shinji and Shinji's eyes are getting big because he's so surpirsed... and BOOOOOOOMM
even if you have nothing left, just try to smile.
Even Goku smiles when he's about to die:D

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:18 pm

Ejinathan wrote:I don't think a happy ending is necessary....
But at least Rei who would say before they all die: "Shinji... i love you"
And ten Rei starting to kiss Shinji and Shinji's eyes are getting big because he's so surpirsed... and BOOOOOOOMM

I wouldn't be surprised if Sadamoto actually did that!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:49 pm

How I can see it ending:
Possiblity 1) Shinji, holding Rei's hand on the beach. "...Ayanami?" He turns to see the infamous served arm. "UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" THE END. (Fade to black.)

Possiblity 2) LCL no Umi scene, Yui-sama making everything right, flashback, final scene: Rei and Shinji on the beach, look at each other, kissImage, some line of Yui's about finding happiness, THE END, (Fade to black.) I'd prefer a romantic ending to the irony of Mr. anti-Shinji NOT being able to find happiness after all, but yeah.
(I don't care if it looks like Shinji, somewhat acts like Shinji, IS Shinji. That manga version of him is nothing to me! >_<)

How I'd WANT it to end, though if THAT happens, then "Maybe tomorrow it'll snow!"

Asuka/Shinji: We still get the strangle scene and kimochi warui, but silence for a moment afterwards. "......Shinji." He hestinaly looks up, now silently crying. Before he can react, Asuka pulls him into a kiss as he looks suprised, but soon kisses her back, both are blushing. THE END (Fade to black)Image
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:26 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Asuka/Shinji: We still get the strangle scene and kimochi warui, but silence for a moment afterwards. "......Shinji." He hestinaly looks up, now silently crying. Before he can react, Asuka pulls him into a kiss as he looks suprised, but soon kisses her back, both are blushing. THE END (Fade to black)Image

Me like. But unfortunately knowing Sadamoto, Shinji will probably strangle Asuka for real, and then she turns into Rei and is alive again. :\

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:40 pm

Timstuff wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:Asuka/Shinji: We still get the strangle scene and kimochi warui, but silence for a moment afterwards. "......Shinji." He hestinaly looks up, now silently crying. Before he can react, Asuka pulls him into a kiss as he looks suprised, but soon kisses her back, both are blushing. THE END (Fade to black)Image

Me like. But unfortunately knowing Sadamoto, Shinji will probably strangle Asuka for real, and then she turns into Rei and is alive again. :\

You like?! Yayness! :D I keep on thinking the majority of people on here are like Tines and hate Shinji/Asuka -_- Not that there's anything wrong with Shinji/Rei or Shinji/Kaworu, I'm just one of those folk who are anal when it comes to thinking that characters who are brought together in a story are brought together for a REASON, so why argue with that?

And you know what, I could see that happening too. >_< Even worse, Shinji going through with strangling her, she dies a horrible horrible death, Rei pops up and they party over her corpse as that Anyway You Want It song from Caddyshack plays. :shock: Well, maybe not anything THAT extreme, but...yeah... Image

@ The Newground link: Gotta love the fact it plays the Dating Game themesong, lol!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:09 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I keep on thinking the majority of people on here are like Tines and hate Shinji/Asuka

:lol:

I'm a singular minority - this place is a hotbed of S/A shipping, or at least always was.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

GoJu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GoJu » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:33 pm

Hello, new member here, I have no idea where to introduce myself so I guess I'll just do it here, if you look at my sig you'll know what shipping I sail on! And you know what two people I want to be at the beach at the end of the manga, if the beach is at the end of the manga.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:41 pm

Shinji x Rei is blashemy GoJu!!!

Though there is an introduction thread somewhere here, it doesn't really matter. Anyways welcome GoJu and hope you hang around this forum unless you're really a jackass then I'd ask you to leave but I have no power over who stays and who doesn't and it seems I'm just writing stuff down.

May my chibi Rei bring you many a happy dreams.

I'm still hoping for Sadamoto to use some sort of magic to save his manga from committing suicide.

GoJu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GoJu » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Shinji x Rei is blashemy GoJu!!!

Though there is an introduction thread somewhere here, it doesn't really matter. Anyways welcome GoJu and hope you hang around this forum unless you're really a jackass then I'd ask you to leave but I have no power over who stays and who doesn't and it seems I'm just writing stuff down.

May my chibi Rei bring you many a happy dreams.

I'm still hoping for Sadamoto to use some sort of magic to save his manga from committing suicide.

lol! I'm no jackass, well I try not to be! Rei X Shinji has been my favorite pairing in all of anime for so long, I don't think it's blasphemy but whatever, I usually discuss eva at the Apartment 402 forums (can't you tell). I've been an eva fan for about a year now, the characters, the philosophy, the mecs, the giant monster, cute chics, it's all good!

oh, and I LOVE the manga (well not when Rei and Touji died, but I think we Rei-SHinjiers got revenge in the part where Shinji choking Kaworu)!

yes, your chibi Rei makes me smile :)

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:49 pm

GOJU!! :D Nice to see ya! Oh yeah, disscussion.

Considering that the manga has made it clear that Rei is Lilith and R/S is happening, most likely Shinji will have the power to choose life or death (again :roll:). Shinji did start out not caring about anything, so he will learn. However, Shinji right now is at the end of his rope. Something tells me that someone (Rei most likely) will inspire him to live. It would be ironic if Rei were to do it since she herself has no true self, considering that she may have Lilith's soul. Also another irony is that Shinji would not end up happy.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”