Official Welcome Thread Nov-13-2010 to Sep-16-2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Welcome back, Spud.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:28 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Great, the potato's back.
I believe he prefers Mr. Potato
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Asami Sato » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am

Hello, people!

I'm a girl from Spain who happens to like anime -particularly Gainax anime- a lot. So I join this forum, seeing it is flexible, with a friendly community and diverse subject-wise, unlike that mysoginist/jerk-haven Mecha Talk.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have joined.

:asuka_happy:
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"
"Zuzu! You don't look so good!"
"I support the shipping of TDSA and Aiko Heiwa." - Defectron

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:56 am

Hello new person. :highfive:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Asami Sato » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:58 am

Hi there, Ms. Child of Lilith!

:grin:
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:17 am

Alright! Time to test out my Spanish!

Bienvenidos!

. . .

Alright that's enough Spanish.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:40 am

Welcome back, Legendary!

milk
Embryo

Postby milk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 am

hi thread.
❤, miya.
"God's in his Heaven, and All's Right with the World."

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Asami Sato » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Alright! Time to test out my Spanish!

Bienvenidos!

. . .

Alright that's enough Spanish.

That was excellent, Ms. Aiko! *claps* ;)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm

View Original PostAsami Sato wrote:Hello, people!

I'm a girl from Spain who happens to like anime -particularly Gainax anime- a lot. So I join this forum, seeing it is flexible, with a friendly community and diverse subject-wise, unlike that mysoginist/jerk-haven Mecha Talk.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have joined.

:asuka_happy:

Finally, another fan of "Legend of Korra". Welcome to the forums Asami. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Asami Sato » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Legend of Korra fans ftw! Glad to meet you, xanderkh!

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:05 pm

View Original Postmilk wrote:hi thread.

hi milk
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:07 am

Hi everyone. My name's Bryce. 22 years of age and I live in Cairns, Queensland - Australia.

I've been an Evangelion fan for almost 13 years now. I first saw the series when it aired initially on Australian television back in 1999. I think I was 10 at the time and it blew my mind. Ever since then, it has always been a part of me. Hope that doesn't sound weird, haha. I re-watch the series and the movie(s) at least once a year, sometimes more and just recently; I showed it to my GF and she's also become enamoured with it.

I'm hugely into comics and manga and I collect vinyl records; mostly hardcore and punk but I enjoy all sorts of music. I'm also currently studying Japanese at a pre-intermediate level but I suck.

Something else worth mentioning is that I've only just recently watched the Rebuild movies. I was prompted to after returning from another trip to Japan and I'm glad that I did. Beforehand I dismissed them as money-grabs but they are amazing and should be treated as such in their own right.

I guess that's all... Thanks!

よろしく!

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:22 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I collect vinyl records; mostly hardcore and punk but I enjoy all sorts of music.

Then you must know that Tokyo is a paradise for vinyl collectors. I went there a few weeks ago and visited one of those many vinyl stores and was absolutely astonished by what you could find there. I don't collect vinyls myself, but I do collect all sorts of Japanese music on CD.

In any case, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 am

Absolutely! The past three times I've come back with two Disk Union record bags jammed pack, haha. Very stressful when bringing back on the plane though. Couldn't imagine what it would be like for dudes who buy crates and crates worth (I know a few who have too).

Thanks for the welcome.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:57 am

I came back with 34 CDs 2 weeks ago. :lol:

That record bag looks handy, though. For CDs, Recofan stores were probably the best places because all of their stores were so huge. However, when it came to prices you could make both ridiculously cheap and overpriced discoveries at both Recofan and Disc Union.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 am

Welcome back, Merridian.

Mori-kun
Embryo

Postby Mori-kun » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Hei guise
I love this site, so I decided I couldn't simply lurk anymore, I needed to make a contribution. I hope we can have a Great Time! you guys ->:huggles: <- me
P.S.
SPOILER: Show
Reichu-sama, I'm honoured to be on this magnificent Internet-place.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 pm

welcome PERSON WHO IS YOUNGER THAN ME!

YES!

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Asami Sato » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Welcome, Mori-kun.

Return to “Old Stickies”