What are you currently playing? [2]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Using the M18 Hellcat in WoT, finally got the 90mm gun, holy shit, so much Exp and credits now!

ianfreddie07
Embryo

Postby ianfreddie07 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm cycling between Diablo 3, Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 (on a PS2 emulator), RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (I just finished a park there), and Hammerfight on certain occasions.
Crispy bacon.

"But you didn't have to cut me off!" - Tree

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:38 pm

I've been playing Persona 3 FES for over a year now. It's become an annoyingly long game. I'm close to 60 hours now and I'm not even through summer. And I don't feel like I'm taking much extra time out.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:30 am

For almost a year? And I thought I took a long time to beat it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 am

Really that long I was done at the 60 hour mark and I did everything. Unless you are spending a lot of time grinding in tarturs. Honestly the time just flew when I played that game I had so much fun, I have invested a total of 150 hours in P3 FES and have done all the bonus stuff leveled up to 99, the only thing I still have to do is beat Elizabeth.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Starting to like my T25/2, I'm surprised by how terrible Panthers and Panther II's are, I could pen them with my T49 back in tier V...

Amassed 15 sniper medals so quickly on this line.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:05 pm

So there's the obvious ones that just came out, such as: Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Battlefield 3.

Max Payne 3. While I did not play the first two I did get to watch a friend of mine pretty much beat the game. Granted this was a LONG time ago but I have at least some knowledge of the game. I like what Rockstar has done with it though. Great one liners and the action is good. I unfortunately keep forgetting about the bullet time completely as well as the dodge mechanic. This ends up throwing me into some sticky situations.

Battlefield 3. While its no BF2 (NO MODZ, WHY DICE!) it checks off every box and then adds an extra one for orgasmic visuals. If I had more time on my hands I would be the highest rank but for now I'll just have to settle with Captain, or whatever I left off at.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Haven't finished it but the campaign is pretty promising. Sometimes I forget the basic concepts of stealth. Luckily it's still fun regardless. Haven't touched multiplayer since the beta but if it's anything like it was then it will be a blast. (I just need to get better at it)

I like the rest of the world have been trying out DayZ. While the controls for ARMA II are a bit ass (along with their menus) it is a challenging and fun experience. Don't expect any help from other players and be careful if you even see one. Opportunistic bandits are a plague and will never be eradicated.
Arma III looks to be an improvement in almost every area (and will finally force me to get a new graphics card.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:28 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Starting to like my T25/2, I'm surprised by how terrible Panthers and Panther II's are, I could pen them with my T49 back in tier V...

Amassed 15 sniper medals so quickly on this line.

>not playing german Tank destroyers
Marder II, Marder II all day.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:22 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:I unfortunately keep forgetting about the bullet time completely as well as the dodge mechanic. This ends up throwing me into some sticky situations.

That's like forgetting you can jump in a Mario game. Okay, it's not as essential as that, but it's still like, the point of the game and what I played the previous entries for. It was really rare in my playthroughs to ever fire a shot outside of bullet time. In the previous games at least -- I haven't tried Max Payne 3 yet.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:27 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:>not playing german Tank destroyers
Marder II, Marder II all day.

Of all the TD's I face I tend to kill German tank destroyers the most actually; they usually do lower damage than I expect while being squishy (except the Jgdpzr IV). Same game I got my Boelter's medal (killing 7+ tanks in a game) was the same time I blind fired and killed a Jagdpanther who was hiding in a bush, I just kinda went nuts in that game, driving round in circles avoiding artillery shells, me and this Jagdpanzer IV killing all the guys coming close to this rock we were hiding behind.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:12 am

Trying to complete my Supersoldier playthrough of Crysis 2 and finish Xenosaga Episode I, with a little bit of Vanquish and Yoshi's Island on the side. When I get done with those games, I have a whole ton I want to start: I just got the Devil May Cry HD collection, I want to finish Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid and my Hard playthrough of Crysis, and I want to start Skyward Sword, Xenoblade and Metroid Prime 3. Oh, and I just ordered Kane & Lynch 2 and Bayonetta from Amazon. I guess I won't really have time for all the games I wanted to play this summer. :(
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:50 pm

I started playing Star Wars: Dark Forces the other night. It is aged, but I wouldn't call it outdated; as the level design is more or less the predecessor to what would show up in Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy. Even so, it has managed to annoy me so far - it just isn't as clear where I'm supposed to go, y'know?

Oh, and I completed Bastion yesterday, hence the avatar/profile pic change.
Voluntary Illusion.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I started playing Star Wars: Dark Forces the other night. It is aged, but I wouldn't call it outdated; as the level design is more or less the predecessor to what would show up in Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy. Even so, it has managed to annoy me so far - it just isn't as clear where I'm supposed to go, y'know?

I never played the original Dark Forces, but I remember having to cheat my way through the first Jedi Knight because I couldn't figure out ... the whole game, really.

I seem to remember having very limited Force power in that game. I haven't played it in ages, but does your Force meter not regenerate like it does in the sequel? (I know you're not talking about JK1 but I'm wondering if you've played it.)
System Administrator

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:20 pm

I recently revisited Jedi Knight II, and I too had to often reference a walk through because it wasn't always obvious what you're supposed to be doing. I'd run around an area for an hour, only to find myself going in circles. Other than that, I'd say that this game is pretty much timeless. I haven't had a chance to check out Jedi Academy yet, but perhaps someday.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Sorry Monk Ed, I haven't started JK1 yet, and I haven't seen much of it to say for sure. For interest's sake I did check on GameFAQs, Wikipedia and Wookieepedia, but none of these sites had information pertaining to force regen in the game; but each did mention collecting stars for acquiring and improving force powers.

@Sachi: I had trouble with JK2 back in the day, for the most part the lightsaber room in the trials levels gave me trouble - not getting in, but getting out. I last played it and JA in 2010, and I don't recall running into any particular trouble as I had played the games more than enough in High School to know where everything went.
Voluntary Illusion.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Oh, and I completed Bastion yesterday, hence the avatar/profile pic change.

Pretty darn good, isn't it?

On my end I've been replaying through Borderlands on and off with a friend. I think it's pretty funny how Blizzard changed so much from D2 in Diablo 3, and Gearbox brought so much over. Instead of changing shit for Borderlands 2, like Blizzard did for D3, now Gearbox is just taking the D2 systems another step further. Pretty weird that Borderlands 2 is going to be, from a systems style, more like Diablo 2 than Diablo 3.

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Asami Sato » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm

I was replaying Knights of the Old Republic a little while ago. It's a very nice game, and I like the mechanics a lot.
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"
"Zuzu! You don't look so good!"
"I support the shipping of TDSA and Aiko Heiwa." - Defectron

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Got another Boelter's medal in WoT, I can't wait to get the T28 Prototype though, I want to be able to smash through heavy tanks in something I can throw weight around in.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Picked up Beyond Good and Evil in the GOG sale a few days ago. Enjoying it so far.

Funnily enough I have an exam on the book Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche in a few days. Sadly the connection begins and ends with the name.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Been playing a lot of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike online on Supercade recently. Very addictive. Easily the best SF title followed by SSF2T HD Remix and SSFIV: Arcade Edition.

Alex and Ken FTW!

About a month ago I also bought Shogun 2: Total War for PC. After disc installation though, Steam wanted to download a 10GB+ update for it. My entire monthly usage quote is only 12GB. Laughed and put the game away on the shelf indefinitely (though at the time, I think I was seriously pissed, haha).

Currently waiting for the Dawnguard DLC to drop for Skyrim too. Huge Elder Scrolls fan.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”