Evangelion: After the Impact - DISCUSSION THREAD (2)

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:59 pm

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:After losing the battle, a dying Princess Tsang is approached by Crazy Steve, who sees something of value in her.

Think it would be fitting (and ironic) for an ancient powerful woman with magic to be finished off by some insane, babbling backwatered fuckhead

I am confused. Please enlighten me as to what the fuck is happening right now.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:50 pm

IRL, other internet hobbies etc, and some of my own decisions in the RP have sort of torn me away from it for a while. I'm finding it harder for me to synch with Shin-chan. I guess it's been long enough that he would be probably be over the mindwashing enough to do more. What I have in mind is for some good interaction and maybe dear close friend status with Asuka if not shipping and working more towards our S/R pairing we had mind. I will try to motivate and get myself to post more from now on, but with the things I mentioned not to forget limited net time, I'm not sure how often it will be.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:IRL, other internet hobbies etc, and some of my own decisions in the RP have sort of torn me away from it for a while. I'm finding it harder for me to synch with Shin-chan. I guess it's been long enough that he would be probably be over the mindwashing enough to do more. What I have in mind is for some good interaction and maybe dear close friend status with Asuka if not shipping and working more towards our S/R pairing we had mind. I will try to motivate and get myself to post more from now on, but with the things I mentioned not to forget limited net time, I'm not sure how often it will be.

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:What I have in mind is for some good interaction and maybe dear close friend status with Asuka if not shipping and working more towards our S/R pairing we had mind.

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:shipping and working more towards our S/R pairing we had mind.

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:our S/R pairing we had mind.

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:our S/R pairing

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:our S/R pairing

wut
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Vegeta, enough of your harsh anti-shipping crap

its all under control
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm

This thread has fallen into disuse for the past half of a year, so given it's intended purpose, I would like to attempt to kick start it again. Also, Imma gonna read up on the past year of so of After The Impact that I have missed since inheriting the Daddy Pants.

COMMENCE DISCUSSION.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

the major lack of ATI activity has really been because the rest of us has been too busy to even work on new posts for a while now.

Defectron has been busy with working on his comic books.

Ryujin has absolutely no personal use of the internet these days and is rarely on.

Don't even know what's up with a lot of the other guys.

And...as for me, i've been really dedicating myself to writing fanfics (Ayanami: Vengeance, Street Fighter: Requiem for a Doll and now Halloween 3) and a screenplay alongside a weekly movie stream that starts at 5PM pacific time (PM me or get on IRC for more info) so yeah.

That's what been up.
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:33 pm

I guess you have a point. I have a full-time job working at a car wash now (back-breaking labor - I wouldn't recommend it if you could get any other job) so I only have Mondays and Thursdays off, and I'm usually busy with other things during those times too. Apart from that, my GF turned 20 two days ago, so I'm going to get her hair done for her birthday.

Yeah, I've been pretty inactive too.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Well, it's that time of year again - the time where I make a half-assed attempt to bring ATI back into business, and even though I am technically triple-posting, it's been several months, so I doubt anyone really gives a rat's ass at this point. Anyway, anyone who still has even the slightest, fleeting, minute interest, past or present, in ATI is encouraged to put in their two cents/pesos/euro cents and at the very least create the not-so-elaborate illusion that this project is not actually dead.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:06 pm

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:Well, it's that time of year again - the time where I make a half-assed attempt to bring ATI back into business, and even though I am technically triple-posting, it's been several months, so I doubt anyone really gives a rat's ass at this point. Anyway, anyone who still has even the slightest, fleeting, minute interest, past or present, in ATI is encouraged to put in their two cents/pesos/euro cents and at the very least create the not-so-elaborate illusion that this project is not actually dead.

Now a quadruple-post, I have come to the conclusion that the clusterfuck epic RP that is Evangelion: After The Impact is now officially deader than zombies after being thrown in a wood-chipper. I suppose it was fun for a while, but real life has taken its toll on everybody at this point. Less than halfway through the damn thing, most of the original RPers left and the people that replaced them have since moved on - a good number of which I don't even see around here anymore. And while I could go on and on about the excessive creative liberties that the others took in my absences (elves, vampires, Shiro, some guy named Steve, some sort of collector, a wolf guy, a retarded rape-child between Asuka and a male clone of herself, and...poor Maya Ibuki...etc.,), I conclude with the satisfaction that comes from knowing that it was a blast, and the commensurate sadness that comes from knowing that it is now long beyond resurrection. Even if I did manage to get the gang back together, it wouldn't take long for everybody (including myself) to become consumed by some other interest or event that demands their attention. I simply hope that at some distant point in the future, we can do it all over again - maybe with or without the same people - and have fun doing it.

Anyway, so ends NGE: ATI, and I do sincerely hope that this kind of forum RP silliness can happen again sometime on EvaGeeks. Until then...GO NUTS!

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am

I have to throw my own two cents on the ultimate (but inevitable) closure of ATI.

When I asked to join the RP, I was pretty much still deep in a writer's block, too weary to attempt writing things and while a lot of weird ass shit happened in it (some I can easily be blamed for and others even I find to be a bit too much), it was a blast when it was at it's peak and it pretty much was a stepping stone in ending my writer's block.

since then, IRL stuff with my fellow long lasting members of the RP (Defect, Ryujin and RP creator Vegeta) started creeping in and since me, who doesn't really do fuck much in IRL but needs to find a way to get busy with himself, started getting a lot of ideas for shit (mainly the currently on indefinite hiatus fic Ayanami: Vengeance and others) and eventually began to drift away from the RP too, all contributing to the major decline, hiberation and ultimately death of it (though trust me...none of the ideas in this massive clusterfuck of a fic should go to waste and a lot of them have been imported into much of our own works as of now).

nowadays, with me being totally busy on writing original works/screenplays (one being one that took me a decade to properly begin getting on paper), here I come and see the RP getting its funeral service and since I owe A LOT to it, I had to make my own personal reflections on it all.

Before I go, I will say that I love to see a more streamlined, cohesive take on the RP that could go on much smoother and maybe in fic/written story form and I LOVE to work with the many that I participated with again but until then...i'll see you all around and may the memories (good, bad, ugly and just fucked up as all hell) of ATI stay with us for as long as we can.

Gasmask

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 am

Well, I just got fired from my car wash job (though I have a second job working at Six Flags, and I've been meaning to quit the Wash Tub anyway), so I basically have the next two months of weekdays to work with here. I might just restart the RP from scratch (maybe holding on to some starting characters) or convert it to something else entirely.

Gasmask, if you can hear me, I would appreciate a couple more cents from you, the RP's other active contributor.

Pretty please?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am

If your going to restart this, I think maybe we should change a bunch of stuff around, since I think it would be more interesting then walking down the same path a second time.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:If your going to restart this, I think maybe we should change a bunch of stuff around, since I think it would be more interesting then walking down the same path a second time.

That is the point - if we (you, Gasmask, myself, and some other people) restart ATI, it is going to be different. A few characters will carry over, but for the most part, it's going to be different. I cannot stress that enough.

It's going to be different.

I hope.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

while i'm not too interested in restarting it at the moment, I am very interested in doing so with some different stuff.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 pm

View Original PostGasmaskAvenger wrote:while i'm not too interested in restarting it at the moment, I am very interested in doing so with some different stuff.

Cool. We should discuss this sometime soon - ideas, concepts, planning, etc. Let's brainstorm!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Ok I got an idea for a plot for this.

Rather then just coming back a few years after third impact we come back in the far future after civilization has rebuilt, the tokyo 3 area has turned into a sort of distopia like the city Akira takes place in. Like last time not everyone came back human except given how far it is in the future, most of what we see are the descendents of those who came back, both human and non and there's a lot of racism between the different factions.

Now recently I have been studying the occult for various reasons, One thing I found out is that not only is there a tree of life which was featured in evangelion but there is also a tree of death which I believe was called the Qlippith, not sure I spelled that right.

Anyway with each sphere of the tree of life, there is an angel associated with it, likewise, the qlippith, the unbalanced tree of life has a demon associated with each sphere.

My idea is that what will threaten this future civilization will be beings called "demons" which have come to eliminate all the beings that came from the black and white moons, maybe sent by their original creators to clean up any messes or something. I'll be posting more details about the trees of life and death later when I have more time.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon May 07, 2012 4:00 pm

But then it becomes a Monster-of-the-Week sort of thing, kind of like the pretense for most of the original series. Besides, demons work better at the human level (i.e., as in not alien, unfathomable giants) on so many levels.

I'll have to think about it. Also, how far are we talking, here?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Far enough for a new civilization of some sort to get set up. Maybe Naomi will be the one ruling it since she didn't have an opportunity to make 4th impact.

But yeah not all the demons need to be giant, some can be smaller too, like the angels they would come in all shapes and sizes.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed May 09, 2012 9:51 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Far enough for a new civilization of some sort to get set up. Maybe Naomi will be the one ruling it since she didn't have an opportunity to make 4th impact.

But yeah not all the demons need to be giant, some can be smaller too, like the angels they would come in all shapes and sizes.

But then it just becomes a replay of the series to begin with.

Also, I am tired of the "Naomi Mifune" character. I mean, first it emphasizes the fact that Maya is gay, and besides that, it's absurd, makes a bunch of shit up, and even sounds bad.

Gasmask, if you read that, it's just my opinion, dude.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:Also, I am tired of the "Naomi Mifune" character. I mean, first it emphasizes the fact that Maya is gay, and besides that, it's absurd, makes a bunch of shit up, and even sounds bad.

Gasmask, if you read that, it's just my opinion, dude.

IMO Naomi is bisexual, not a full tilt homosexual. The whole Manticore/Naomi was something Defectron shoehorned in and I honestly found that it got a little too over the top a times.

Besides, even though it wasn't too clear in the RP, I actually fleshed out and altered certain backstory elements you probably are unaware of due to your large leaps of absences when the RP was still going (as surprising as that sounds) and a lot of stuff (might be pulling shit out of my ass at the moment since I haven't done much Evangelion related fan shit in some time) was later utilized and nurtured in my fanfic "Ayanami: Vengeance" (which also needs a major overhaul once i'm done with the two original scripts i'm working on off and on at the moment).

I can literally go on for a good time and tell ya the major details surrounding Naomi/Maya that filtered out some of the lame crap added in ATI due to "too many chefs in one kitchen" syndrome and in the end, let's just say Naomi is the least stupid main villain concept out there compared to say...Loli Fem-Keel Lorenz, Giant Naked Burt Reynolds and Tom Cruise with a toothy wet vagina for a face.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”