Which evangelion scene scarred you the most?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 am

Flash of Asuka corpse
Giant grinning dead Rei half-head

Kamon-san
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kamon-san » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 am

The MPEvas's ''victory'' over Eva-02 and what followed.

To this day, this part of the movie still makes me cringe in horror/sadness.

Otherwise, most violent or ''gore'' scenes from The End of Evangelion left images I'll never forget. I guess I wasn't familiar with the genre, back then. (I had never read Akira or Gunnm, at the time.)

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Flash of Asuka corpse
Giant grinning dead Rei half-head

I agree, and then there's her gruesome death.

Radical Lanzar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Radical Lanzar » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Eva 02 in its prime, maimed and eaten, and then it reprises it's role as the ONLY Eva and pilot to go berserker (amazing) - and then it all fades as Eva 02 is shish kebabed to death.

Not only was that completely shocking, it degrades the awesomeness that is Aska.
If I ever come up with something useful for my signature... and I kind of got lost.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Not strictly part of the series, but it is probably the most effed up thing I have seen related to Evangelion.

At the end of an episode of an Eva parody series, they showed the scene where Eva-01 is eating Zeruel...set to a soundtrack of the Omnomnom Song.

Yeah, that gave me chills.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:41 pm

I can't really say anything in Eva scarred me. I ended up seeing Eva pretty late in my "internet life" so at that/this point it's very hard to find something that disturbs me. I suppose the closest thing was that the first time I watched EoE I never noticed Asuka's arm getting chopped in half. When I watched it again last spring, this time paying much more attention to the action sequences, I had to pause it and go back when it happened. "What? Did I just see what I think I saw?" Stuff like that, odd pieces of gore, sort of give me the heebie jeebies.

Nerv002
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nerv002 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:45 pm

When Asuka dies, I watched the entire series (including movie) in one night (made my brain hurt) and in one sitting her death just felt much worse. Disturbing, made me cry like a little girl and made my friends question "did that just happen to a main character??"
"I'm not a psy-cho. I'm a cy-borg."

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Asuka's death. Sweet Jesus, that scene is terrifying, literally the only scene in EVA I find scary. I'm normally pretty hard to scare, but that scene? It's one of the few to accomplish scaring me in general.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:41 am

Beggining of Episode 24, both Asuka's suicide attempt and Shinji staring at the sunset in the coast of ruins. At that point i think it really hits you that everything has been lost and everything went to hell :sniffle:.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

robin007bond
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby robin007bond » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:52 am

Not scared, but at least disgusted by the masturbation that Shinji did when seeing Asuka in coma.

Stallard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Stallard » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:34 pm

EVA 02 being torn apart by harpies. But that's more or less just due to my fondness of Asuka.
Memento mori.

valshon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby valshon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 am

i have to join the Eva 02 dismemberment group. I had to stop the film and come back to it later.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Naoko's strangling of Rei 1. When I first watched it in the English dub, I was disturbed somewhat, but once I had watched it in the Japanese dub, it was much more disgusting. The reason for this is that the sound effects were simply more graphic and vivid, especially Rei's gagging and gasping.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Rei III. Just Rei III and her utterly inhuman desire for death.
(and that they still managed to make her an understandable, dymanic individual whose thinking processes we can actually grasp...)

When she walks in and just ignores Shinji... when she grabs Gendo's glasses, utterly emotionless... when it becomes obvious that this is not the Rei we know...
First you go "Yeah, she lives! (I missed the crispy hand the first time) and then, it's chilling cold water straight into your face.
Probably hit me especially hard cause I was so attached to the second one/recognized myself in her.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Rightstated
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rightstated » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:59 pm

like most people have said, i find it more disturbing than scary... but if it was in manners of more disturbing, i found Ritsuko's reveal of the test tube Reis and their following dismemberment to be the one of the most disturbing reveals on anything i have ever seen.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

As everyone else has said, Evangelion wasn't scary sa such, but the most disturbing scene I think was when Gendo activated the dummy plug in unit 01. Very gut wrenching in both show and rebuild.

--Also, Shinji's scream in EoE-- :shinchair:

sbtekno
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sbtekno » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:07 am

What scarred me the most was, without a doubt, the giant smiling Rei half-head, or, as I have affectionately named it, "THAT." I simply cannot look at it. And I keep running into it. It's on the EoE website, it's on the back of that booklet (which I threw out) that comes with the Manga release, it's even on the scene select menu for Episode 25', which is the one place I think it shouldn't be.

Okay, that's the last post I make about the half-head.
I steal jokes. DEAL WITH IT.

Kane of Nod
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kane of Nod » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 am

The most disturbing part for me was that part in episode 18 when unit-01 goes berserk. I was questioning what I was watching during that scene.
In the name of Kane!
Kane lives in death!
And Rush is an awesome band

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

The shot where it shows the entire planet turning into a bloodball filled with crosses really got under my skin. Which is funny, considering there's several things that happen in the series/movie that are far, far worse.
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

sum_exsanguis
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby sum_exsanguis » Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 am

did anyone notice it said scarred not scared?

Since I saw the rebuilds first I would say when the Eva/Angel got tore apart by 01 with the dummy system...that was rough haha
No weapon against us shall prosper

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”