Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Not sure if a newer version of the spring chart has been posted (or if there's a better one): http://atxpieces.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/spring-v4/

Also: http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2012

Will probably be following:

Fate Zero
Kimi to Boku
Lupin
Medaka Box
Hyouka
Tsuritama
Apollon
Saki

maybe AKB and E7

Oh, and Ozuma, which already started airing.
Last edited by Ornette on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Not sure if a newer version of the spring chart has been posted (or if there's a better one): http://atxpieces.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/spring-v4/

Can't believe for the Gundam Unicorn entry they are still using the image for Episode 4 instead of the image for Episode 5.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Will definitely check out

Saint Seiya Omega
Medaka Box
Lupin III
Sakamichi no Apollon

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:52 pm

To check out:

Ozuma
Sakamichi no Apollon
Sankarea
Accel World
Sword Art Online

and of course, Kawamori's throw of the dice... you know what I mean.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:and of course, Kawamori's throw of the dice... you know what I mean.

why aren't you watching EVOL, it's second cour will probably be way better than AKB0048 will ever be

(of course I'm watching 0048 too)

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:why aren't you watching EVOL, it's second cour will probably be way better than AKB0048 will ever be

(of course I'm watching 0048 too)

Not yet, but one of my Twitter friends recommended it to me, as she said I don't have to see the first season. But not until EVOL's completed and then I'll marathon it to see how things work out between LOLKawamori and Okada.

(Went about watching Fate/Zero to get used to Kawasumi's voice -- she'll be playing as the bad-ass member of the idol team (who has a belt in aikido and been starring in some action movies on the side).

Also, live-action Sabadol -- with good voice and tone control, Mayu Watanabe has great potential as an idol-seiyuu, provided that Yukari Tamura would tutor her on the finer points of the art).

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Surprised to see Nadia on there. I wish they'd release the blu-ray in the U.S.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm probably going to check out Accel World, but I'm worried it's going to be generic....like, really worried.

On the other hand Zetman looks interesting but I'm not a fan of the character models I've seen and I've heard mixed things.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I'm probably going to check out Accel World, but I'm worried it's going to be generic....like, really worried.

I hope it's better than... meh, Ragnarok the Animation.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 pm

The only one I may end up checking out is the new eureka and unicorn Gundam episode 5 for sure
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:35 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I'm probably going to check out Accel World, but I'm worried it's going to be generic....like, really worried.

Accel World is one of the top 10 "best light novels" in a survey that has not yet got animated. I did not hold too much expectation (the protagonist and his alter ego in the accel world in fact turn off some people) but seriously things go quite interesting, particularly in the latest episode 4. It surely did not go what I had expected....

My view so far

sankarea - get the mood of the manga pretty well. in fact it can be argued it improves on it by giving it more serious treatment. animation not bad either.

tasogare otome x amnesia - also get the mood of the manga pretty well. like its coloring and background.

medaka box - kind of harmless fun but it will be a long way from where the manga gets interesting....

saki - ashiga hen -- don't like it is as well animated as the original saki but surely the characters are engaging (at least to me)

AKB0048 - potential biggest star of this season. very good animation and background details. I watch it more as part of my idol business so how the akb/ske/nmb idols work to grow in their role as seiyuu also interest me a lot.

accel world - as I said above, things are getting interesting. The protagonist has some serious weakness of his own (but how come at least 2 girls come to love him?) but it is clear we are going to see how he comes to grow out of it and makes himself better and worthy to others.

koreha zombie desuka 2 - as funny as first season, perhaps even more so, given the biggest cast we have now.

hyouka - KyoAni really delivers quality animation here. I have not read the original detective fiction but some veterans of anime industry commented that they seemed to have done a laudable job at adapting the work without making it look like an adaptation.

mysterious girlfriend X - I am a fan of the original manga but not sure how such "saliva moe" perversion will stand among the less informed fans. Apparently many like the ever-escalating perverseness in the series. I am only too happy to go along with it.

natsuiro kiseki - basically Sphere (the 4 seiyuu) + Lawson convenience store + Shimoda (the onsen town in south Izu). I think the animation is competent and it surely looks like a summer anime. The antics of the 4 girls seem to put off some fans, and the wild fantasy element is not to everyone's liking. I am pretty ok with it though.

upotte - watch it and the next time you clean your gun only bathing scene will come to your mind :lol: The character design of the anime is quite different from the manga - it is surely more ordinarily "moe" type now. Somehow I miss the design from the manga though... OK production.

queensblade rebellion - even though I like to have some fan service anime to go in every season of my anime watching, I am not particularly pulled towards this anime. Perhaps the character design? Perhaps the fantasy setting? Don't know...

nyaruko-san - Really funny. I am not sure how close it follows the light novel but I heard that the light novel has more links with Lovecraft while the anime is more on common parody. But then I have not read any Lovecraft, so can't really tell...

acchi kocchi - quite funny but I guess the "girl in love with a normal bespatacled boy" humor may not to everyone's taste. It got me wonder how the original 4-koma manga is like though.

sengoku collection -- heard it's adapted from a card game? Anyway, don't like the character design, and so even the yuri bit fails to draw me in. not going to continue.

shining hearts - shiawase no pan -- pretty bland to me

zetman - not really a tokusatsu fan. still watched one episode but don't think will keep following

eureka seven AO - did not really prompt my interest except for the Okinawa background but then I have not watched the first series

shirokuma cafe -- good iyashi-kei (mind healing) type of anime. I can see why so many women/girls become a fan of the original manga

tsurikyuu -- the superflat design and color tone + the really wild character setting (and how it presents some of the situations) + the Enoshima locale setting makes it reasonably entertaining. This season both shows in NoitaminA feature boy with problems dealing with other people. Interesting.

sakamichi no appollon -- the other NoitaminA, a much more conventional anime in terms of stoy setting and characters, but is unusual in having a major jazz element. The original manga is much more sparse in art style, but credit has to go to the animation studio for making the surrounding world look real. Story seems to be quite solid too.

saint seiya omega - never a fan of saint seiya

kuroko no basuke - highschool shonen basketball manga adapted to anime. Quite OK as long as you do not hold too much expectation.

hiiro no kakera
yorumungando
- both seem to be reverse harem type of anime. not following.

lupin the third - fujiko mine -- this is much more closer to the original manga, with sex and wild chase galore. The art style is also deliberately set to look like the old days. Commendable for its thoroughness to stickig to that past style. Not sure how it translates into sales though.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ehh123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ehh123 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am

I have been watching two show so far.

Folktales from Japan Yeah, it's a kids show. However, I am mainly watching it for cultural reasons.

Lupin III: A Woman Named Fujiko Mine I'm a Lupin fan. Plain and simple. It also helps that I LOVE the art style.

I might watch Kids on the Slope down the road.
"Does the bus run through here?"

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue May 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Kids on the Slope / Sakamichi no Apollon has been awesome so far. Everything I would expect from the people involved. The music (and the animation of the performance of the music) is fantastic.

I'm curious about Space Brothers / Uchuu Kyodai, but haven't had time to watch yet.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu May 10, 2012 10:30 am

I'm keeping up with Kids on the Slope, Mysterious Girlfriend X, and Space Brothers.

Dropped Lupin (sorry, Ornette).

Nothing else looked interesting.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Return to “Anime and Manga”