Help shape the Eva Minecraft server!

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

Help shape the Eva Minecraft server!

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 pm

No, the server isn't out yet..

Hello again! As mentioned in the previous post, I hit a snag with MCEdit. Thankfully a test version of the program was released and all of the problems are solved. Development of the server will now continue as it was. Now for the (kinda) exiting stuff!

This thread will serve as an area for anyone to throw in ideas to help develop the server. Don't be shy! Anything is taken into consideration. Below is a list of things that I want community input on; when you post please be clear you're talking about. I would like to note that this is for both the Eva worlds, AND the main Minecraft server. Here are some topics that need to be addressed.

SPOILER: Show

- Should the main idea of the Instrumentality Project be used to help explain the server's back-story?

- Should two distinct nations fight for supremacy? OR Should the community progress as a whole to achieve common goals?
-If nations is your preference, create some names!
-Should tournaments settle disputes between nations?

- Should the Eva world (after completed) be given NPCs etc. to try and simulate the actual Evangelion experience? This one is kinda obvious.

- Open PvP; good or bad? Regardless, greifing will NOT be allowed on anything built by the community. However people will be able to destroy already greifed buildings built by individuals in order to obtain supplies for the community.

- Names for key places are open for suggestion. I.E. the world, main city, civilization name etc.

- The map in which the normal server is played on; Random generation OR does anyone happen to have a suggestion? (Links would be awesome)

Anyone can also suggest ANYTHING for the server. Please stay within reason.

Any questions about the server, specifically the Evangelion worlds can probable be answered by now. Feel free to ask :)
Edit: I'm also now on Twitter. I'll post most of the big updates there. Follow me @_Xtracrispy_
Beserksauce

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 pm

NERV V. SEELE

IE EoE, NME 2.0... Et cetera.
Leave Shinji alone

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Yea, that sounds like the way to go.

FYI the EVA branch of the server will be released one day early, in order to get everyone there settled. The first few days will be busy, and I'll probably be here and there trying to help everyone. The server is really close now. I'd hope to see it up within the next two months still; only because I need a new computer first.
Beserksauce

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Not sure if this was already posted, but here goes:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyWIwUefEIQ[/url]

Something like this, maybe?

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 pm

That's an awesome build! I'm glad people are looking for this stuff :). Unfortunately they didn't put up the map for download, but that's something great to work towards.
As far as the server goes, I'm just waiting on a new PC. I still think I can get the thing up and running, but If I can't then in advance I truly am sorry for getting so many people hyped up. I'm starting to have doubts about whether or not I'll be able to do this.
Beserksauce

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm

I finally have a projected release date!

3.33 was rumored to be released late summer or early fall. The server will be released sometime shortly after 3.33's release. I'm sure this way there will be plenty of new content for the Evangelion world, as well as a lot of hype thanks to the new movie.

In a few weeks I'll be starting early sign ups for builders. The server will have a white-list in at least the Evangelion section, to avoid any greifers and non-worthy players.
Beserksauce

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 pm

I'd be for the H.I.P. as the backstory (it would be neat if we could mod the water so that it's orange-red), a community-based setting, and NPCs. I get the feeling that Neo-Eden-01 would be a suitable name for the city the miners start in.

I don't actually have Minecraft, but a number of Adventure Maps, creations, and Terraria have gotten me interested in it.
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:04 pm

I agree, and I love the city name! You can actually edit the textures used in the game and make them easily available for everyone. Water could be re-colored red, and the lava could be recolored a light flat orange to represent LCL. It is easy enough to do, and I have made a texture pack in the past, but it is very time consuming. I'll see what I can do on that though.
Beserksauce

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm

For other city names, I think from there we could make it so that each one has to do with some sort of biblical allusion. Sodom-02, Gomorrah-03, Jerusalem-04... Seems like there would be plenty to work with.

Now, on the subject of mobs, I have to wonder wether we should texture them or not. Leliel Endermen and Kaworu Pigmen would be interesting, but would they be worth the effort?
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 pm

The texture pack's mobs would be fun to play with, but I'm really stuck right now as far as computers go (which is why the server isn't up yet). So I can only make and test 16x16 packs right now. It might be fun to kill angels all night. The mobs and smaller details aren't any huge rush for me right now. Everyone working on the Eva worlds will have creative mode, and the worlds will be set to peaceful. This will be at least until the Eva portion is fully constructed. I'm going to play around with the water texture and some basic blocks and see what I can get out of the weekend.
Beserksauce

_Xtracrispy_
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby _Xtracrispy_ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh and I realized my error earlier... Since no one knows when 3.0 will be out, (which may very well be 2013) the server will be open sometime after the height of summer. I guess when 3.0 does come around, we'll just have to have a huge celebration on the server.
Beserksauce

gammerboy1999
Embryo

my reply to this topic

•      
  •      

Postby gammerboy1999 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 am

maybe you could make like your really there maybe even add working eva units...

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Merkaba » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Any update on the server?

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 am

Hmm...

I'm actually a mod over at a server named Elements-Craft, so I have some experience with MC servers and the like. I suppose if you need staff positions filled, you could let me know.

EDIT: This is the place to go if you want to get support for your server:

Official Minecraft Forums, Survival Servers Section
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I think this video is somewhat related...
[url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h4DMX5yERI[/url]

Return to “Fan Works”