Super Robot Wars

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Why the hell would you drink an acid that technically dehydrates you instead of rehydrates you?

Also a Z2 related spoiler question that has my head turning in places it shouldn't
SPOILER: Show
I have to wonder how Setsuko can pilot the Virgola Glory if she's, you know, BLIND. Seriously, how does that work? I think she also lost her sense of touch or taste but I don't remember.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:Okay, I'm going to need some community help to enable TDSA to play some SRW, because I've been bending over backwards for him, but nothing seems to be working. This is like watching a man die of thirst 20 meters away from a Coke fountain.
Well, why can't he download? Figure that out and we can work from there.

@TDSA:
Setsuko isn't blind. She slowly going blind. She's lost her sense of taste, and is beginning to lose her sense of touch as well. It's caused by her Sphere 'The Sorrowful Maiden', the requirements of which to activate I forget (I think it's something to do with despair, as Asakim made damn sure her life was hell). I haven't played Z yet (need to get Swap Magic and a boot disc), so I'm not entirely sure on the story.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:23 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:Well, why can't he download?

Beats me. I've got an inbox full of bizarre rationalizations, such as "I do not want to download anything". Of course, this should prevent him from using the internet at all, but here he is, downloading images and streaming fansubbed anime like it's nobody's business.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:07 pm

I know how it happens, Alastor, I just wasn't sure what senses were lost.

I also don't download because I don't want to, simple.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I also don't download because I don't want to, simple.

But we've already established that this is not the case. You download all the time. For example, you downloaded all those images you crafted into witty macros, and then you uploaded them for all of us to see. And watching streaming video is not some kind of magical form of not-downloading.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. For as long as I can remember, you've been positively creaming yourself over these games, making breathless hype posts in this thread, in the Gundam thread and in Moonwalk. You clearly love the series, as do I. But when you're offered a chance to actually play an exquisitely fan-translated SRW title, you suddenly become all apprehensive. I'm not a student of psychology, but I find this just baffling.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:48 am

Or maybe I just do not want to download.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:00 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Or maybe I just do not want to download.

But WHY?

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Or maybe I just do not want to download.

I see you've now added the qualifier "maybe". So now the question is, what is it that makes a fan-translated SRW specifically off-limits to you?

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 am

you afraid of getting a virus or something like that TDSA?
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 am

you afraid of getting a virus or something like that TDSA?

That + a lack of time to play video games these days 'cause of college. :( There's also the fact that since I moved in mid-October I have had no room in my house for my desktop so I've been stuck with a laptop since, I doubt I have room for an emulator.

Edit: Viscount Pygman actually making it into a video game? AND an army of Energer Zs?

Now it's just a matter of them doing it to Big Zam.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:That + a lack of time to play video games these days 'cause of college.

Okay, now that is a good reason. But if you ever feel like trying the game out, just drop me a PM. I've already detailed some ways to ensure you're getting a clean, working game. Have a more experienced friend to download the files and to make sure they're clean. And I'm pretty sure your laptop has 20 megabytes of free space. We're talking about a seven-year-old GBA game, not the newest Call of Duty.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:28 pm

After giving it thought I will try to play J via emulator once my spring courses narrow to a close and I have ton less work to do; it does have my favorite old school super robot after all.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:52 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:After giving it thought I will try to play J via emulator once my spring courses narrow to a close and I have ton less work to do

ImageGood, good.

Meanwhile, some Z2.2 plot stuffs plus other random tidbits from anon (contains Geass spoilers, if anyone cares):
Kamina and Ryouma started out as rivals but ended up being bros. Same thing for Sheryll and Kamina.
Setsuna admits that he misjudged Heero and says that he's Gundam too, so I guess that counts.
Rand and Gain are bros. Gainer, Renton (the original, at least: he calls Gainer "big brother") and Garrod are bros too.
Maybe Banjo and Roger.

Lockon, Crow and Duo are pretty close friends. Crow even has a support quote for Duo, of all people. He has one for Lockon too, but Duo's was a surprise.

Kallen and Chirico are good friends.

Kallen, Saji, Louise too. The people who studied in Ashford together seem to be amiable to each other. Kouji makes a comment about this if you fight Lelouch with him.

Zero and Sumeragi.

Getter Team and Simon.

The people of General Company (Watta), Zambot 3, Daitarn 3 and Dai-Guard are pretty good friends too.

Kamille and Setsuna. Kamille acts like a "mentor" to Setsuna on Newtype matters.

Michel doesn't trust Lockon at first, but after the Rook Damon mission, where the three snipers have to disable him first, he starts to trust him.

What happened in Stage 57 was as follows:
- Lelouch enacts his Zero Requiem, which is a plan to "collect" all the hate in the world towards a single person, a common enemy, which is him.
- After you down his Damocles, he'll retreat to where the people are going to be executed, like in the final episode of Code Geass R2.
- Suzaku (dressed as Zero) arrives and stabs Zero, "killing" him.
- Later, Zero wakes up in the treatment room of the Ptolemaios 2. He was cured by those pods there.
- Suzaku tells him that the whole world saw Lelouch die, and a lot of the ZEXIS people tell him that they still need him as leader, but because Lelouch is dead, he'll have to be Zero for the rest of his life.
- JIBUN WOOOOO starts playing, and Lelouch accepts becoming Zero again.

Later someone cooks something, and asks Zero to eat it. But since he's using his mask, he opens that eye port (from where he uses Geass).

What I loved about that scene is how Lelouch accepted his responsibility (he's a leader of ZEXIS, not just the Black Knights), and he still has something left to do. Also, his relationship with "Miss Sumeragi" and how Kallen is relieved now that he came back.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Beat Z2.2 last night. Normal route, normal difficulty. It was a fun game, probably will replay it over the summer.

On more important matters...

it seems Xine might have been a Sphere holder and Asakim killed her in between the games. However, this is going off an offhand comment Asakim made when counteracting Aim's sphere that amounts to 'I killed a chick that was too curious for her own good'. It fits that it COULD be Xine, considering she was infatuated with Evil-Masaki in Z1. However, at the same time, this isn't enough to cement it- he's killed unnamed Sphere holders before, so he might have had it before.

And this is Banpresto we're talking about. They could just be trolling the fuck out of the fanbase.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 pm

And this is Banpresto we're talking about. They could just be trolling the fuck out of the fanbase.

Like what Aim did with his sphere powers? I have to admit, that has to be a hell of a troll scam.
it seems Xine might have been a Sphere holder

Capricorn that is not, this I'll have to disagree with. Also, I am disappointed in Banpreso.

-No tragos or pisces
-No trilobite
-No Dynamite 7 units or events (why the hell even add it?)
-No Sunsa arc
-No new God Mars anything aside from Titaros, the Burning Star being a stage, and GM's golden form attack
-No TTGL plot after episode 22

Can't be angry at them though, they did add a load of mechanical beasts, invaders, and heterodyne that otherwise would never get a chance to shine.

On a related note, come to Pixel Galaxy today for all your SRW wonders! We have units from the vast majority of anime that have appeared in the crossover franchise among many others! We also have the most complete english data base on Banpresto originals from SRW to date! That also isn't counting the stuff that appears in the ACE series (which we have the vast majority of), so come on down while Sasei-hen updates are being done! You just might learn stuff!

http://pixelgalaxy.proboards.com/
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:06 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Like what Aim did with his sphere powers? I have to admit, that has to be a hell of a troll scam.

Banpresto does this all the time. Asakim's Leybuster attack is pretty much one big 'fanwank something' from them- it showed Crowe in it. From a game released in 2009. Not to mention they said 'SRW Z has only one secret'.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Ahem, is there anyone who's playing 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation (fuck Banpresto and their title conventions)? I recently started it but I still have to finish OGG so I'm merely playing around a little, just to check out the amazing graphics and the game system.
In particular, any thoughts about the destruction of the Huckebein series? I guess that they have been thinking about it from a while, considering their absence in The Inspector between the other things, but I wonder if it's really because of legal reasons like some people has been saying.

OLD POST:
Finished Z, Setsuko's route, yesterday, now I should go back to Z2.2 which I've dropped somewhere in the middle; honestly I'm also really tempted by Lord of Elemental I/II, I saw some youtube video yesterday and it looks really interesting, but I should really finish Z2.2 first.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:In particular, any thoughts about the destruction of the Huckebein series?

I've read some of the (conspiracy)theories, and I don't know what's real anymore. But assuming there really is a master plan for sweeping all of the V-finned Huckies under rug, that's some stupidly miserable corporate butthurt.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 am

So does anybody have any guesses when we'll see the Alpha or F/F Final patches released?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 am

So I ended up progressing in 2nd OG anyway, I'm at stage 28 currently, does anyone happen to know what happened to the two Excellence units? Now they all pilot a funny looking giant mecha with built-in repair/resupply commands and some crappy (quite inaccurate in particular) attacks. Were they destroyed at the end of Gaiden?

Talking about the Huckebein, I still don't understand the curse of the V-fin but the Ashe and Ing are quite badasses, I'm looking forward to the EX-Exbein and its BFG worth of the Huckebein's successor.

Arrière seems also quite interesting, I kinda have a thing for pink haired chocolate girls, but I especially have a thing for a little girl piercing bad guys with the Alteisen's stick. Did anyone play Real Robot Regiment BTW? Is it worth a try?

Destiny original story is so far the most meh thing of this game, but at least it gives us Rim and her cocoa, she'll become diabetic at twenty years at this rate. :lol:

OLD POST:
View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:I've read some of the (conspiracy)theories, and I don't know what's real anymore. But assuming there really is a master plan for sweeping all of the V-finned Huckies under rug, that's some stupidly miserable corporate butthurt.

As I said I really don't understand if there's any real (legal) reason to do it, aren't both Sunrise and Banpresto subsidiaries of Namco Bandai Holdings?
View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:So does anybody have any guesses when we'll see the Alpha or F/F Final patches released?

Who knows? Almost one year ago they said that they were just lacking the (semi-useless) encyclopaedias of Alpha, we didn't have other updates after that, afaik.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”