Mass Produced Evangelion in The rebuild series?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xerosigma
Embryo

Re: I think they'll show.

•      
  •      

Postby Xerosigma » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:07 pm

View Original Postboyfrand wrote:However, due to the fact the Asuka is seen fighting an enemy in space AFTER Kaworu lanced Shinji, I would suspect that Kaworu is no longer a threat to Nerv. So a back up plan Seele might have are the MPE.

Very good point. I wonder what she is fighting O.o

View Original PostReichu wrote:Xerosigma: Whatever they were testing in Eva-04, it wasn't actually called "S2 Engine" in the final film. That aside, if it's an Eva that doesn't run on external power and is implied to be Seele's trump card you want, you already got it.

Very true. I didn't clarify that based on speculation. I believe the S2 Engine and what they where testing are the same or similar.

View Original PostReichu wrote:Xerosigma:That Seele care about the dummy system technology and are developing a D.S. for themselves cannot be assumed for the NME universe simply because it happened in the original series. Even so, the dummy plug is fundamentally a pilot that can't say "no" to your orders and isn't affected adversely by the pilot-Eva link, so it is plenty useful even with one Eva (...as long as the Eva is cooperating).

I agree it can't be assumed but I also feel that it's a situation that is very likely to occur based on my interpretation of Seele thus far in NME. I also agree with you that both can be more than useful in just one Eva. But like I said weather it's one Eva or a hoard, I think we'll be seeing a similar response from Seele.

Again though, this is all based on my interpretation of everything that has occurred thus far, which I have no doubt in my mind is bias because of the events in NGE.

I honestly feel we'll be seeing an epic Eva showdown between Nerv & Seele. I demand this justice!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:38 pm

View Original PostXerosigma wrote:Very good point. I wonder what she is fighting O.o
This is the best guess from available data:

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xerosigma
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Xerosigma » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:This is the best guess from available data:

Haha! Most viable outcome indeed.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm

View Original Postboyfrand wrote:However, due to the fact the Asuka is seen fighting an enemy in space AFTER Kaworu lanced Shinji, I would suspect that Kaworu is no longer a threat to Nerv. So a back up plan Seele might have are the MPE.

You've still got 2 more Angels to go. But I would love to see Asuka demolish the MPEs, just so I can watch it again a few months later with "Zerstoeren" by Rammstein playing in the background. :guitarpunk:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:But I would love to see Asuka demolish the MPEs

You can already do that... (Well, if we use the term "demolish" somewhat loosely.)

NME is pushing singular uber-Evas ("the true Evangelion we seek") onto us. Mass production has not even been alluded to (whereas NGE suggested it would happen as early as episode 07). Seele have no need for multiple piss-weak Evas; one or two customized gods will be all they need this time.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

boyfrand
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby boyfrand » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:boyfrand: Seele might rather send expendable Evas to deal with Angels than their prize Eva-06. Maybe they also want to keep Kaworu away from Angel encounters (since, I dunno, he's one of them, and he might get 'second thoughts') and focused on other priorities.

by "he's one of them," do you mean he's an angel/adam? isn't that yet to be confirmed in nme? yes, he's getting out of the coffin on the moon, but we don't know who was in the other coffins, so it doesn't confirm him as an angel, right? i never thought about WHY Asuka was fighting that space angel before i made that post, but now i wonder if it even is an angel she's fighting in space?

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:You've still got 2 more Angels to go. But I would love to see Asuka demolish the MPEs, just so I can watch it again a few months later with "Zerstoeren" by Rammstein playing in the background. :guitarpunk:

omg did not previously consider this. rammstein should be on the official soundtrack for all Asuka related rage scenes.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 am

I just had an inspired moment.
the 90's OVA boom wrote:Since NME is all about doing it a little different, why should Asuka face the EVA Series? She already seems to be fighting her 'demons' differently. In fact, how come they can't perform some other role, as we might not see them as celebrants during SEELE's bid for Third Impact either? I'd like the "alpha Evangelion" idea to be pulled out of mothballs. The MPE's could then replace the JSSDF force directly in hand-to-hand combat inside NERV HQ. If they are smaller, and inhabiting the same buildings as the staff, most of NERV's defenses would be stalemated. It could be truly horrific.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 am

View Original PostUser-iel wrote:I just had an inspired moment.

That would be... an extremely strange way of putting the MP Eva's into the NME storyline.

I agree with what Reichu says. I see no need for the MP Eva's in the NME storyline and it's pretty obvious they are alluding to the fact that only one "True Eva" is needed. Now which Eva (or combination of) it is exactly we don't know... but the possible connections between Unit 01, 06, and 08 may hold a clue as to what exactly this "True Eva" is. But I would not doubt it if it indeed is Unit 01... especially with what happened at the end of 2.22.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:18 am

as far as MPE's ive been there seen that, I want something new and I like where the whole "True evangelion" thing is going
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 am

I'm quoting myself from another thread here, but it seems more appropriate here:

I don't know if anyone else has had this thought, but could it be that the multiple Rei clones will fulfill the part of the MPEs from EoE, as mass-produced human-alien hybrids that will jointly partake in some kind of endgame mystic summoning ritual?

First, please recall the Kabbalistic Tree of Life that was drawn in the air by the Mass Produced Evangelions as they circled Unit-01 in End of Evangelion. (Unfortunately, I couldn't find a screenshot.)

Next, take a look at this image from the Rebuild 3.0 preview:

SPOILER: Show

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Somewhat messy split of the Rei/Shinji tangent here: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/8241/Shinji-and-Rei-in-Q-30/0/?

Now TOPIC if you please.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I hope we don't get the MP Evas this time around - so far at least there has been no indication SEELE is working on any - BUT if they had to happen I do think the idea of them being piloted by Rei Clones has some potential.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 am

I wouldn't be surprised if "SEELE's Children" are MPE Pilots. I would be equally unsurprised if they were humans with the souls of defeated Angels (which should be interesting if one of them is Bardiel).

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Tue May 01, 2012 2:14 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if "SEELE's Children" are MPE Pilots. I would be equally unsurprised if they were humans with the souls of defeated Angels (which should be interesting if one of them is Bardiel).

In that case, the corresponding human would have to be Asuka.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if "SEELE's Children" are MPE Pilots.

The Eva pilots in general are "Girls" and "Boys" (= "children"), so "Seele's Children" probably just refers to them.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The Eva pilots in general are "Girls" and "Boys" (= "children"), so "Seele's Children" probably just refers to them.

I would have thought they would be "NERV's Children" instead. The part of me that wants a happy ending would be disappointed if SEELE got to exploit Rei, Asuka, Shinji and maybe Mari.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 02, 2012 10:56 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I would have thought they would be "NERV's Children" instead.

Nerv is just Seele's executive branch, and what is theirs is by extension Seele's. The pilots are among the many props for helping Seele get what they want.

Perhaps useful: when the "Seele's Children - Assembly in Session" part in the trailer shows up, Misato speaks of the 'children of preordained fate' finally assembling. The phrase "children of (...)" has always referred to Eva pilots.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:The phrase "children of (...)" has always referred to Eva pilots.

...the corn!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Nerv is just Seele's executive branch, and what is theirs is by extension Seele's. The pilots are among the many props for helping Seele get what they want.

Perhaps useful: when the "Seele's Children - Assembly in Session" part in the trailer shows up, Misato speaks of the 'children of preordained fate' finally assembling. The phrase "children of (...)" has always referred to Eva pilots.

That's what I thought as well, but don't the storyboard notes and the lengths of the shadows we see in the preview undermine that idea? Both seem to indicate that the "Assembly in Session" will be between Kaworu and the Reis (I think the scene with the Reis and the irate and naked Mari is separate, but that's just an assumption on my part).

I really like the idea that there will involve all the kids, but it doesn't seem to be so based on what we know so far.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Bagheera: I'm aware that the image directly accompanying "Seele's Children - Assembly in Session" is of Kaworu and (apparently) the Rei. At the same time, we have the voiceover indicating that "children of preordained fate will finally gather", rather directly suggesting that "Seele's Children" and "children of preordained fate" are the same thing, even if all of said children are not apparent in the image.

Then... The wording might be vague enough that the voiceover is only referring to some of the children, not implicitly all of them, and hence "Seele's Children" applies only to the "children of preordained fate" who actually do gather. In that case, we could take "Seele's Children" to be an umbrella term for whatever Kaworu and Rei are -- red-eyed, pale-skinned weirdos -- and the assembly might shed some light on just what their deal is.

The scene with Mari does seem to be separate, since it has its own title, "private conference between Mari Makinami Illustrious and _______".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”