Evangelion 3.0 (Lack of) Updates

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:All I've gotta say is: "Well, it's about goddamn time!"

Now for the inevitable slow-trickle-of-information-style waiting...

And somehow, I just KNEW the Asuka-fan backlash against 2.0 would signal her getting more screen-time/awesome moments in 3.0. Glad to see that was a correct wager.
it's going to be a long year. The fact that all that stuff happened to Asuka probably also increased the attention from fans increasing their likelihood of watching 3.0 just to see what happens to Asuka.
View Original PostTarnsman wrote:If there is going to be any homosexuality in Rebuild it needs to be between Mari and Asuka.
:asuka_thumbsup: :kensuke_drool:
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:And somehow, I just KNEW the Asuka-fan backlash against 2.0 would signal her getting more screen-time/awesome moments in 3.0. Glad to see that was a correct wager.

Yeah, hopefully "our" prayers have been granted, it should mean less haters around here. Now we'll be left wondering for one year or so about Rei, it looks like the "Rei won't come back out of Shogoki" theory has become quite popular since she's not mentioned in the video.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:40 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Yeah, hopefully "our" prayers have been granted, it should mean less haters around here.

Nah, there will always be haters. That's just how things work, for better or worse.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Now we'll be left wondering for one year or so about Rei, it looks like the "Rei won't come back out of Shogoki" theory has become quite popular since she's not mentioned in the video.

And I don't think that's really fair, either. Even those of us shouting over Shiki concerning 2.0 (her treatment/the fact that she exists, it depends on who you ask) still give a shit about Rei. I just believe in balance, that's all.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Nah, there will always be haters. That's just how things work, for better or worse.

I said "less haters", I know that there'll always be (noisy) haters, unfortunately.
View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:And I don't think that's really fair, either. Even those of us shouting over Shiki concerning 2.0 (her treatment/the fact that she exists, it depends on who you ask) still give a shit about Rei. I just believe in balance, that's all.

I'm not so sure about it.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

A small update from Miyamura's twitter account:

http://www.evageeks.org/2012/02/evangelion-3-0-currently-in-dubbing/

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Cool. Hopefully something will come out of this.

She also said something in another Tweet that the day before she had off to recover from an illness and look after her kids.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mt Olympus
Lilith

Postby Mt Olympus » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:52 pm

any news on 3.0 is very much welcomed :D

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:16 pm

At least production is moving forward.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

ehh123
Embryo

Postby ehh123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Japan, don't they do the animation first and THEN the voice acting? If so, than forget production. This could move into POST production soon. ;)
"Does the bus run through here?"

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 am

We're not to sure about Evangelion though, there have been reports that the voice recording has been done before or alongside the animation for Eva.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 am

The Japanese order of animating and then dubbing has always perplexed me. Don't you want to get the performance right and animate around that? Seems backwards.

Silioni
Embryo

Postby Silioni » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:The Japanese order of animating and then dubbing has always perplexed me. Don't you want to get the performance right and animate around that? Seems backwards.

My uneducated guess would be that in case something needs to be cut from production it would be cheaper to trashcan a few minutes of raw undbubbed animation than a few minutes of wasted voice acting. Another benefit is that it gives the voice actor more to work with, a white storyboard frame offers limited inspiration.

They aren't really great on adressing fanbase over there, it's sad having to fish up a small news morsel from an associated voice actors tweet page instead of the Eva crew dropping a short : "Wer getting this thing rollin' lol" on their homepage, it's not too much to ask for. I'm getting itchy with anticipation.
What is this? I don't even.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:25 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:At least production is moving forward.

I'd say at least production is moving in general.

It's getting tiresome, the whole deal with the enormous gap between one update to the other, but there's nothing we can do in the end.
Hopefully we do get something worthwhile quite soon.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:26 pm

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:I'd say at least production is moving in general.

It's getting tiresome, the whole deal with the enormous gap between one update to the other, but there's nothing we can do in the end.
Hopefully we do get something worthwhile quite soon.

Remember, you can always get your hopes up ever month right before all the magazines come out!

(9 days to the next round btw)
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Remember, you can always get your hopes up ever month right before all the magazines come out!

(9 days to the next round btw)

Meh, maybe....it is March after all.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 pm

The hype for this movie come summer is going to be insane.
At least they're climbing out of Valve time and releasing some information. Nomura and Anno, and Gabe should make a joint project just to see how long they can delay a game without it becoming vaporware.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Aoki Uru: The Game: The Movie
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:08 pm

I feel the same way about Eva 3.0 as I did about Gran Turismo 4 & 5. I just hope that 3.0 is more like GT4 than GT5 in sating fans.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:The hype for this movie come summer is going to be insane.
At least they're climbing out of Valve time and releasing some information. Nomura and Anno, and Gabe should make a joint project just to see how long they can delay a game without it becoming vaporware.
That's implying Gabe is too busy working on something right now. Face it, any more H-L's will never happen.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:24 am

Good to hear about the production progress. It seems like most of the animation should have been done by now since they're preparing the voices. Course, everything can't be finished... until we have 3.33! (seriously though, we will have excellent products for each version) Only 6-8 months in Japan (and 2-3 years here in America and longer in other countries) and we'll have something that sounds more epic than EoE. But can anything top EoE? We'll have to wait and see...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”