What was the saddest part of Eva for you?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:12 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:THE EPISODE WHERE PEN PEN LEFT ;_;

That was the moment you knew "There is no more humour at all"

:(

Except that never happened, since he's still chilling out with Misato in episode 24.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Except that never happened, since he's still chilling out with Misato in episode 24.

I think that's the episode she's talking about. When Misato says he's going to live with the other family.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Except that never happened, since he's still chilling out with Misato in episode 24.

And from shortly after the commercial break in the middle of the episode:

Misato: We are lucky because we live in the suburb of the city.
You were not involved, I'm glad about that.
Yet, next time, I cannot garantee that.
So, you will be taken care of at Horaki-san's from tomorrow.
So long, PenPen.

PenPen: Quaa, quaquauu.

Misato: (Sigh)
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Sorry, got it confused with this: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/512189/Favorite-crazy-Evangelion-theories/#512189

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:36 pm

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:EP. 23, when Rei dies. Especially hard for me because up to that point she was my favorite character... [And] I agree with donut king, Misato's reaction just kicked me in the face with a cycling shoe

Thankfully (?), I skipped the Platinum version of the credits teaser, so I didn't know about Rei's fate beforehand (ADV WHY U SPOILER TWIST #1 IN TEASER?!). The sheer size of Eva-00's double-tap detonation made me clasp the edge of my desk and shout "Holy crap!" at the laptop screen. Misato's reaction after that event was also heartbreaking.

And then there was Ritsuko. "If there's anything left to recover."

My distraught id: "Slap that bitch! SLAP THAT BITCH AGAIN, Misato!"

Misato's reaction just kicked me in the face with a cycling shoe

IMHO, part of the secondary kick was hearing "FMttM" twice within about a minute. First the broken, piano version, then the delayed-lyrics version in the credits. :(
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

r0ach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby r0ach » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Rei II's death almost teared me up. I just thought she was starting to break out of that shell, and then boom. She didn't think as much as she should've about herself, and blew herself up. She was good for Shinji at that point.

I also, always found absolutely insanely messed up hearing Asuka's mother coo, "Die with me"; reminded me of some fucked up lullaby. Then her mother just hanging there from the ceiling. I found intensely messed up that she walked in on it. It struck home for me.
"I knew a girl........... had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it, beat her up so bad she ended up in a hospital on Guerrero street."~ Mark

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Didn't find much sad at the time imwas watching for some reason.
But looking back it'd be the Death of Rei 2.0.

Kaworu being squeezed would be a close second.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

Reptile
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Reptile » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:22 am

The MP eva fight completely broke my heart.

First she wakes up, she realizes she doesn't want to die, she realizes her mother still loves her, she realizes her mother is there for her, she just snaps out of it, resynchronizes with the EVA, the object of her pride, she throws a freaking ship and slaps planes of out the sky.

And then the harpies, bah, she didn't fear them, 3 and a half minutes? Yeah that'll do, still gonna have some more to spear, Snap, slash and freaking fisting those EVA's like it's nothing, everything in under 3 and a half minutes, while Air II, and a beautiful piece plays and while she screams doing so, but they are proud, powerful war cries.

She finally takes down the last EVA, with seconds to spare, and then suddenly, a freaking sword, no big deal, she just stops it with her AT field, and then, out of nowhere, it turns into the lance of longinus, or at least a grey version of it, what, the, hell, it just penetrates her AT field, and her head, I'm basically thinking ''WHAT'' at this point, watching her scream, just moving the controls up and down while bleeding, out of power, nothing she could do to save herself, just screaming.

But it isn't enough, oh no, the EVA reactivate, ''omg hax'' indeed, like the vultures they are they fly over her and feast on her deactivate corpse, she's still alive during the entire process, she felt every single bite, every single tooth piercing through her flesh and skin.

But she still didn't give up, even after she was basically nothing but a carcase, she still manages to gather the strength to say ''I'll kill you'' and manage to get the EVA to go berserk for a second, I'm just thinking ''That's enough Asuka, you did good, you did good'' but her own pride is what kills her in the end, a rain of spears, pierces through her, she still has enough time to watch her own arm get split in half, she still feels the pain, and then nothing, all the MP Evas still remain, and she can't stop it, all that effort, all that pain, for nothing.

Seriously broke my heart.

Also, in rebuild 2.0, Bardiel fight, the entire mutilation scene while seemingly unfitting music plays, made me tear up a little bit, the music seriously had some impact.
I told you about tumbling down, i warned you bro.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 am

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:IMHO, part of the secondary kick was hearing "FMttM" twice within about a minute. First the broken, piano version, then the delayed-lyrics version in the credits. :(

Ep 18. Hikari was humming it while making Toji some sammidges, you knew some shit was about to go down.
Leave Shinji alone

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:58 am

When Misato died in End of Evangelion. Still get's me.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Asuka's death..............:(
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:13 pm

The beginning of episode 24 with little Asuka all happy and stuff and then opening the door to see her mother's hanging body always gets me.

And this is coming from someone who isn't really a fan of the character.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:08 pm

I think the endings of episode 21 and 24.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:01 am

^I just rewatched Eva (3rd or 4th time)

And I think I'm insensitive, the only part that got me was Touji getting all messed up in 03.
Leave Shinji alone

kc414
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kc414 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Rei II's death and... maybe Misato's phone call with Shinji after Toji is revealed as 03 pilot.
Last edited by kc414 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is just one beauty contest after another"

"Why would anyone eat canned fruit?"

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

View Original PostReptile wrote:The MP eva fight completely broke my heart.

First she wakes up, she realizes she doesn't want to die, she realizes her mother still loves her, she realizes her mother is there for her, she just snaps out of it, resynchronizes with the EVA, the object of her pride, she throws a freaking ship and slaps planes of out the sky.

And then the harpies, bah, she didn't fear them, 3 and a half minutes? Yeah that'll do, still gonna have some more to spear, Snap, slash and freaking fisting those EVA's like it's nothing, everything in under 3 and a half minutes, while Air II, and a beautiful piece plays and while she screams doing so, but they are proud, powerful war cries.

She finally takes down the last EVA, with seconds to spare, and then suddenly, a freaking sword, no big deal, she just stops it with her AT field, and then, out of nowhere, it turns into the lance of longinus, or at least a grey version of it, what, the, hell, it just penetrates her AT field, and her head, I'm basically thinking ''WHAT'' at this point, watching her scream, just moving the controls up and down while bleeding, out of power, nothing she could do to save herself, just screaming.

But it isn't enough, oh no, the EVA reactivate, ''omg hax'' indeed, like the vultures they are they fly over her and feast on her deactivate corpse, she's still alive during the entire process, she felt every single bite, every single tooth piercing through her flesh and skin.

But she still didn't give up, even after she was basically nothing but a carcase, she still manages to gather the strength to say ''I'll kill you'' and manage to get the EVA to go berserk for a second, I'm just thinking ''That's enough Asuka, you did good, you did good'' but her own pride is what kills her in the end, a rain of spears, pierces through her, she still has enough time to watch her own arm get split in half, she still feels the pain, and then nothing, all the MP Evas still remain, and she can't stop it, all that effort, all that pain, for nothing.

Seriously broke my heart.

Also, in rebuild 2.0, Bardiel fight, the entire mutilation scene while seemingly unfitting music plays, made me tear up a little bit, the music seriously had some impact.

This is a big one for me too. However, there are others.

*Misato hearing Kaji's last words to her. Just seeing a character that was so strong and jovial just completely shatter in the space of a couple of moments is heartbreaking.

*Rei 3 being created. From the things she says, two things are plain. First, she was denied what she wanted and second (and perhaps more heartbreaking) she KNOWS there's supposed to be a connection between her and Shinji, but just simply cannot remember it.

*Misato saying goodbye to Pen-Pen. You can tell it's breaking her heart to send him away, but at the same time, she wants him to be safe. If undertones are to be read, it seems that she is using Pen-Pen as a proxy for not being able to send the children (particularly Shinji) away for safety.

*Kaji's death. There's just something about the way he has just resigned himself to it, like he had known for a very long time that his life would end in exactly that manner, that is sad.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

trkk-KAAN
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby trkk-KAAN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:00 pm

what was the saddest scene on end of evangelion?

MisatoCrush
Lilith

What was the saddest scene for you?

•      
  •      

Postby MisatoCrush » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:26 am

In the tv episodes and End of Evangelion film, which scene was the saddest for you?

I read on wiki that a lot of people thought the suicide of Rei to save Shinji was super sad.

But for me the saddest scene is when Misato kisses Shinji and then dies.
They were both so lonely, so scarred by the loss of their parents.
So afraid to open up and trust other people in their lives.
And they'll never have a chance to share their love for eachother.
I didn't cry, but I wanted to. Maybe I'll watch that film again while drunk and let the waterworks fly.

Close Runner Ups:

When Asuka is killed by the MP Evas (the white monsters in End of Evangelion)

and

When the souls are being collected by Giant Rei/God at the end of End of Evangelion. Especially when the female computer technician Maya Ibuki sees the ghost of Dr. Ritsuko Akagi that comes to collect her soul. Really tragic.
I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV show and films for the 1st time in January 2014. Heartbreakingly sad but so beautiful too. I'm here to discuss theories about what happened in the show.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Re: What was the saddest scene for you?

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:49 am

View Original PostMisatoCrush wrote:When Asuka is killed by the MP Evas

That's mine. It's still hard to watch sometimes, even after as many viewings as I've experienced.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What was the saddest scene for you?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:03 am

View Original PostMisatoCrush wrote:When the souls are being collected by Giant Rei/God at the end of End of Evangelion. Especially when the female computer technician Maya Ibuki sees the ghost of Dr. Ritsuko Akagi that comes to collect her soul. Really tragic.
That was one of the most joyous scenes -- the people we care about are being enraptured, rescued from their mortal peril.

The saddest scenes come at the end.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”