Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [1]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Brainman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:People will just like her, everyone could find his/her own favourite fetish.

Oh I know (me too). It just seems a bit overboard. Like man, got enough toppings on that sundae yet?
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 pm

^
"Melius abundare quam deficere", I suppose.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:06 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'm tempted to say that it could be a re-entry device of some sort, something like a waverider, it's also possible that it could act as an attitude controller in space, in theory the Eva would need something like that to move in space.
*I start imagining that Evangelion is becoming Gundam, please don't mind me*

It sorta reminds me of the blades the Harpies had in EoE, so maybe it's a lance/blade hybrid?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:25 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Red Comet jokes are already pretty prevalent.

Let's see here. Asuka 3.0 fetish count:
Eyepatch
Neko
Bodysuit
Astronaut
Bandage
Tsundere
And if she's carrying an alien parasite we can add that too

And if she does have an angelic parasite, I'd like to hope that it's a beneficial one like the hand guy in Vampire Hunter D.

This made me imagine her pulling her eyepatch off only for there to be a tiny little face giving her sage advice.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'm tempted to say that it could be a re-entry device of some sort, something like a waverider, it's also possible that it could act as an attitude controller in space, in theory the Eva would need something like that to move in space.
*I start imagining that Evangelion is becoming Gundam, please don't mind me*

I'm assuming that in order to use it for re-entry, she would surf it. She would surf a giant robot from the moon.

I can get behind that.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:23 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I'm assuming that in order to use it for re-entry, she would surf it. She would surf a giant robot from the moon.

I can get behind that.

Assuming she doesn't die a horrible death. Which I'm pretty sure is going to happen.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby wonderluster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Aww dont say that!! They can't just bring her back WITH AN EYEPATCH just to kill her off, certainly not in Q, maybe in the Final, but even at that I dont think Asuka Fans would be very pleased with that, and certainly not people like me, who are fans specifically to Evas like Unit 02 (my love).
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:Aww dont say that!! They can't just bring her back WITH AN EYEPATCH just to kill her off, certainly not in Q, maybe in the Final, but even at that I dont think Asuka Fans would be very pleased with that, and certainly not people like me, who are fans specifically to Evas like Unit 02 (my love).

Asuka's my favorite character. I hope they kill her off. While she goes out in a blaze of glory. Oh, and Neko Space Pirate Asuka. Makes me wish she died in 2.0.

Also look at this way. Nerv is either very incompetent to the point of stupidity or very desperate. Sending a girl up into space with one fuctioning eye is a horrible idea.

Did you know that covering an eye seriously messes with your depth perception. Space also warps it as well. Put those two together, and it paints a rather grim picture. She's gonna have a fun time.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:24 am

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Asuka's my favorite character. I hope they kill her off. While she goes out in a blaze of glory. Oh, and Neko Space Pirate Asuka. Makes me wish she died in 2.0.

Also look at this way. Nerv is either very incompetent to the point of stupidity or very desperate. Sending a girl up into space with one fuctioning eye is a horrible idea.

Did you know that covering an eye seriously messes with your depth perception. Space also warps it as well. Put those two together, and it paints a rather grim picture. She's gonna have a fun time.
Hmm...blaze of glory, you know if gainax/Khara wanted to messy with our minds they could have unit 02 disintegrate during reentry and show Asuka's plug and the charred remains then have her reappear, like Rei III from NGE, with no previous memories.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:29 am

I wouldn't put it past them.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:37 am

The Asuka fan in me screams no, but the fan of filmmakers doing the unexpected giggles with glee. I expect her to die in 3.0, but come back in final in Shinji's breakdown and then reconstitute herself somehow. Of course, this assumes that those movies will follow the structure of the original, which seems increasingly unlikely. Also: do we have a guess as to who Asuka is fighting in space?
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 am

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:The Asuka fan in me screams no, but the fan of filmmakers doing the unexpected giggles with glee. I expect her to die in 3.0, but come back in final in Shinji's breakdown and then reconstitute herself somehow.

Harry Potter style?

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:Also: do we have a guess as to who Asuka is fighting in space?

The coffins on the Moon.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The coffins on the Moon.

Fighting coffins in space with a cannon-armed* cyborg? It's like the unholy offspring of ... Mega Man, Gradius, and Castlevania.

* Well, y'know... Figuratively with Eva-02, literally with Mega Man.
Last edited by Reichu on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:45 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Fighting coffins in space with a cannon-armed cyborg? It's like the unholy offspring of ... Mega Man, Gradius, and Castlevania.

I should add that by "coffins on the Moon" I also mean whatever are inside the coffins, but yeah, why not just the coffins too? Sounds fun to me.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I'm assuming that in order to use it for re-entry, she would surf it. She would surf a giant robot from the moon.

Of course, though there are two possible options:
1) she could simply stay supine, like in the case of the ballute system in Z-Gundam.
2) that equipment could be detachable and she could literally surf it like you said, like the flying armor in Z-Gundam (it's everywhere!!!).
Obviously most people would prefer the later option.
View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:It sorta reminds me of the blades the Harpies had in EoE, so maybe it's a lance/blade hybrid?

It's really huge to be a melee weapon, nonetheless this is an interesting hypothesis (maybe it could become a really huge zweihander or something).
View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:do we have a guess as to who Asuka is fighting in space?

Megaman and Castlevania apart, we're short of at least one or two Angels, maybe she's fighting against one of those remaining Angels.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 am

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Also look at this way. Nerv is either very incompetent to the point of stupidity or very desperate. Sending a girl up into space with one fuctioning eye is a horrible idea.

One could make the case that this may not be as big a deal as it seems. It rests on how far the concept of "synchronization" goes. Synchronization is powerful enough to make the pilot feel what the Eva feels -- can it also compensate for the loss of an eye? How about the loss of a limb? Who knows. But it's possible that at least some physical defects do not detract from piloting.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:11 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:like in the case of the ballute system in Z-Gundam.

Wait... the what?

(Part of me apologizes in advance. The other part wants you to suffer for making me think about THAT again. :devil: )

I was also thinking "giant solar panel" before someone else said it. Perhaps it is ultimately a multi-use utility...

@Warren: With Eva-02, anyway, the eyes are completely covered -- which would presumably interfere with their ability to function as "ocular optics systems" (lol euphemisms), so synchronizing with them may not help much. Then again, Mari was still able to get around even after Eva-02's screens flooded with static, so... who knows what the hell is going on.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Wait... the what?

It's this thing, it also exists in real world and it's an abbreviation of "balloon parachute".
View Original PostReichu wrote:(Part of me apologizes in advance. The other part wants you to suffer for making me think about THAT again. :devil: )

Unfortunately I already knew it so I'm not really disturbed by this revolting thing.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Megaman and Castlevania apart, we're short of at least one or two Angels, maybe she's fighting against one of those remaining Angels.

Well isn't there still Arael to deal with? I think this would be the one angel they should expand on because in the TV series, all we see a glowing light in the shape of a bird. It with definitely have a redesign, and since Kaworu has what every lance type thing this version uses, Nerv will send Asuka to deal with it. But the real question then is, will Arael still mind rape Asuka in space???

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:42 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Well isn't there still Arael to deal with? I think this would be the one angel they should expand on because in the TV series, all we see a glowing light in the shape of a bird. It with definitely have a redesign, and since Kaworu has what every lance type thing this version uses, Nerv will send Asuka to deal with it. But the real question then is, will Arael still mind rape Asuka in space???

That is if Areal is still in the movie he could be replaced with a new angel.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Of course, though there are two possible options:
1) she could simply stay supine, like in the case of the ballute system in Z-Gundam.
2) that equipment could be detachable and she could literally surf it like you said, like the flying armor in Z-Gundam (it's everywhere!!!).
Obviously most people would prefer the later option.

Oh man I hope there is something like that in 3.0. I would prefer a waverider over a ballute but a ballute would be cool too

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:43 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Well isn't there still Arael to deal with?

Indeed, it's been already hypothesised in the past that it could be the enemy battling against Eva 02.
View Original Postcd603 wrote:But the real question then is, will Arael still mind rape Asuka in space???

Who knows? It's quite possible that Asuka has been mind-raped by Bardiel but they decided against showing what happened during the possible contamination.
EDIT:
View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:That is if Areal is still in the movie he could be replaced with a new angel.

Well, they could effectively alter it significantly but an Angel stuck in orbit will always remind of Arael.
View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Oh man I hope there is something like that in 3.0. I would prefer a waverider over a ballute but a ballute would be cool too

A Gundam-bro can dream, the preview is really helping us in doing so.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”