Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [1]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Hyper Shinchan
God
God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 am

View Original PostXous wrote:Flashbacks I'd like to see: the circumstances of Tunniel's discovery, something about Mari's past (perhaps tied in with Tunniel flashback), more from 2nd Impact (explaining what the "Adams" are), the Yui moment you mentioned, and maybe something about the birth of Nerv. I always found that part of the original series very interesting and I'd hate to have it left unexplained this time around.

I'd be surprised if they won't show us any flashback about the 2nd Impact, but other than that I'm a little doubtful, even though I'd really like to see something about Yui's past and disappearance.
View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Also. that Gendo and Fuyutsuki. shot in the 3.0 preview looked like flashback time to me.

Personally I thought that they are escaping like fugitives after Nerv HQ has been seized by Seele.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Marduk
Adam

Postby Marduk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Personally I thought that they are escaping like fugitives after Nerv HQ has been seized by Seele.

Sure they are; didn't you notice that NERV standard-issue post-impact escape donkey?
"Marduk's Law": "As a Rebuild discussion grows longer, the probability of mentioning the Sequel Theory approaches 1."
Anno Peractio: Age of Conclusion

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 am

Call me crazy, but I saw what looked like a slight smile on Gendo's face. So obviously, if they are escaping, things are still going according to plan. Again, that's assuming the simile is accurate and not a trick of my mind.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

Jayfive
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Jayfive » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 am

didn't you notice that NERV standard-issue post-impact escape donkey?

Its Eva Unit 07's beast mode.

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:08 pm

View Original PostMarduk wrote:Sure they are; didn't you notice that NERV standard-issue post-impact escape donkey?
Doesn't look like they even tried to ride it off to wherever their adventure took them.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Warren Peace
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:51 am

Even if Gendo/Fuyutsuki do escape, I'd love to see Nerv effectively defend itself against the army's ground assault this time. It would be a trip if the beginning of EOE played out again with the twist that the invaders get their asses handed to them.

Jayfive
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Jayfive » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:27 am

...with Maya leading the counter-attack :P

driftking18594
Lilin
Lilin

Postby driftking18594 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Gendo, Fuyutsuki and the donkey: maybe Gendo has been deposed, and he's looking for a way of getting his revenge?

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Gendo: "I thought I'd wander the Earth. You know, like Caine in Kung Fu."

Fuyutsuki: "What will you do?"

Gendo: "Work. Wander. Rest when I can."

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Postby chaosakita » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Can we ease off quoting entire previous posts to answer one general point?

Also. that Gendo and Fuyutsuki. shot in the 3.0 preview looked like flashback time to me.

I thought it was a flashback too, but now that I look at it, it seems to me that they are standing on a pile of rubble. Or I guess those are some really square rocks.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

zabrewolf
Embryo

Postby zabrewolf » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:30 pm

- mari wearing a test plugsuit
- Rei wearing a test plugsuit
[s:115py6s0] - Shinji wearing a test plugsuit[/s:115py6s0]
- mari and Asuka piloting an eva in beast mode
- a lot a ecchi scenes with mari and Asuka, and maybe Rei

thats all, can die happy if that happend :w00:
Proud member of the [[ShikinamiXMakinami]] team.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:51 am

View Original Postzabrewolf wrote:- mari wearing a test plugsuit
- Rei wearing a test plugsuit
[s] - Shinji wearing a test plugsuit[/s]
- mari and Asuka piloting an eva in beast mode
- a lot a ecchi scenes with mari and Asuka, and maybe Rei

thats all, can die happy if that happend :w00:

This is right on target. But seriously, I hope we get more info on Mari. Even after several rewatches, her role utterly confuses me.

Jornophelanthas
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:04 am

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:This is right on target. But seriously, I hope we get more info on Mari. Even after several rewatches, her role utterly confuses me.

I have a guess about Mari's (future) role, which I explained in a different thread:
[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/post/515284/Shinji-Asuka-and-Rei-Step-Down-for-the-New-Characters/?highlight=#515284[/url]
(The spoilered part is the prediction about Mari, but the rest of the post explains where my prediction is coming from.)

Later in the same thread, I expand some more on this prediction:
[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/post/515699/Shinji-Asuka-and-Rei-Step-Down-for-the-New-Characters/?highlight=#515699[/url]
(Currently the last post in the thread.)

The discussion in that thread has been mostly about the artistic methods and philosophy in making Rebuild, but I've used Mari as a very explicit example, that perhaps warrants its own discussion.

Some of that discussion also continues in this very thread (a few pages back):
[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/post/515375/Evangelion-30-Speculation/?highlight=#515375[/url]

I hope this helps.

Gendo'sPapa
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 am

Mari will get a heck of a lot more screentime & real stuff to do in the later films. If I recollect from interviews with Anno, Mari was originally an even smaller part of 2.0 in his original plans but he decided to include her in the final act when he decided to "break away" from NGE more.

Honestly I can't wait for 3.0. There's so much about it that promises it to be the best thing Evangelion since End of Evangelion. The story has distanced itself so much from NGE that there (hopefully) should be very little overlap with the original series this time around.

If 1.0 was about 90% a recreation of NGE & 2.0 was around 50%, then I can only hope 3.0 is 10% or less. The only real overlap with NGE they should have/need is the reveal of Rei being a clone & some Kaworu stuff.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Yeah, I want episode 24, but as for the rest: Anno, please surprise me!

The Interviews seem to have mentioned a few things about Mari having a large role in the third part, so yeah.
Make Clone Love Not Clone War

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby wonderluster » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 am

I'm incredibly stoked for Pirate Asukas space battle, I hope she just blasts the shit out of an Arismael look alike, and it'll be an incredible fight in which she gets her confidence way up as opposed to feeling like she's a burden to others
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Someone » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:29 am

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:I'm incredibly stoked for Pirate Asukas space battle

That sounds awesome.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby wonderluster » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 am

So does a cyborg Unit 02, I wonder if it'll have any new abilities in regards to Asukas new doo, firstly there's the eyepatch, anything could be under there in regards to angel specific power, and then there's the plug suit, I was going to say it was to do with the damage tha Unit 02 sustained in 2.22, since her left arm looked like it was bandaged (EoE ANYBODY) and her right flank had design features that from what I could (or couldnt for all that matter) see, were not on her left side, but then there's the matter of the eyepatch being on the opposite side.

Slightly off topic, but if she has an eyepatch, and she's synced with an Eva, can she not rely on the Eva's eyes to see as well?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 am

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:So does a cyborg Unit 02, I wonder if it'll have any new abilities in regards to Asukas new doo, firstly there's the eyepatch, anything could be under there in regards to angel specific power, and then there's the plug suit, I was going to say it was to do with the damage tha Unit 02 sustained in 2.22, since her left arm looked like it was bandaged (EoE ANYBODY) and her right flank had design features that from what I could (or couldnt for all that matter) see, were not on her left side, but then there's the matter of the eyepatch being on the opposite side.

Slightly off topic, but if she has an eyepatch, and she's synced with an Eva, can she not rely on the Eva's eyes to see as well?

I want a cyborg Unit-02 action figure RIGHT NOW.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 am

Wasn't Eva-02 always a cyborg? (At least, for as long as she's been in meaningful deployment...)

Eva-02's eyes are completely covered, so Asuka would have a hard time seeing anything with them.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”