Evangelion 3.33 Dreams

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Something something Leonardo DiCaprio ....something something going deeper....

On the note of pirates, we have them in this day and age, yes still at sea as well as at the computers, and hell I think pirates of the future could be pretty damned cool, if they actulaly know what Eva Tech is and how to use it, I would think that the tech they already use would be pretty cool too

YOU HEAR ME ANNO?

IT WOULD BE COOL.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Xacebans
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xacebans » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Um, I had a really weird dream where the last Rebuild turned out terrible and Asuka, Shinji, and Rei died in the first scene. Apparently everyone else died after that, too. I remember feeling oddly disappointed when I awoke because apparently I had become upset over the lack of Mari's breasts in my dream (I dreamt that I was at a theater watching it rather than in the film itself).
TehDonutKing: Break out the booze, sixth-graders, and funny hats, for Xacebans became a true EvaGeek, for checking out Eva-01.
Aiko Heiwa: @Xacebans - Oh baby.
AngelNo13Bardiel: ...good news, Reichu! I think we finally found your long-lost sibling!

Dan The Cat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dan The Cat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:48 am

i have dreamt that it has come out and i am going to see (i saw 2.0 in a Cinema at a film festival in England) but when the film starts i wake up. :(

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 am

In my dream Asuka was piloting Unit 03, and beats an angel in the first scene (the lighting is a lot like the Bardiel scene in 2.0, actually, but 03's in a big river in this scene). Immediately after - whilst she's still recovering in the Eva - another angel attacks. This one from space. It basically becomes a cross between the Arael and Sahaquiel fights - with a beat up Unit 03 spreading it's AT Field like Unit 01 in the Sahaquiel fight, except this time she's trying to stop the mind-rape beam instead of an actual object. It ends up being too much for Asuka, who's AT Field begins to be overworked and begins breaking apart in the middle, with Maya saying something like "The pilot's true heart/ form is being exposed!". Eventually due to Arael and the breaking AT Field she ends up in a mind fuck sequence which looked really cool.

The dream ended there, sadly. It was just getting interesting.

Also like I said in the other thread Kaji was piloting an Eva at some point. That was cool.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:44 am

View Original PostXacebans wrote:Um, I had a really weird dream where the last Rebuild turned out terrible and Asuka, Shinji, and Rei died in the first scene.

Depending on how dark the overall plot is this could very easily become reality.
Makes me wonder if Rei is still going to be in her original form in 3.0.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

duexmachina
Adam

Does anyone else have dreams about watching 3.0?

•      
  •      

Postby duexmachina » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Last night i had a dream where i was able to watch the full film out of the bloom. I was very excited at first. But soon, as it reached the end i was a bit unhappy about the project. I vaguely remember my version followed the original story line as best as it could with the addition of few new characters. Which made me upset because i wanted something new. Also the animation in my dream seemed terrible, but that might be because i am not too artistic
and it ended with cliff hanger, again.

when i woke up I was very relived when I realized it was dream, because low key, i have high expectations for 3.0. I think all this waiting is getting to me..

would anyone else like to share their experience?
So knives out.

PolarisX
Adam

Re: Does anyone else have dreams about watching 3.0?

•      
  •      

Postby PolarisX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 pm

View Original Postduexmachina wrote:Last night i had a dream where i was able to watch the full film out of the bloom. I was very excited at first. But soon, as it reached the end i was a bit unhappy about the project. I vaguely remember my version followed the original story line as best as it could with the addition of few new characters. Which made me upset because i wanted something new. Also the animation in my dream seemed terrible, but that might be because i am not too artistic
and it ended with cliff hanger, again.

when i woke up I was very relived when I realized it was dream, because low key, i have high expectations for 3.0. I think all this waiting is getting to me..

would anyone else like to share their experience?

I've never explicitly had a "3.0 dream", but rather things slightly after 2.0. Usually clips that don't make sense, Asuka getting out of the medical containment, Mark 6 vs Unit 1, and other stuff that I've forgotten shortly after waking up. Random shots also weave in and out. I have a bad habit of if I sleep on my back without blankets, or a light on, I have tripped out acidesque dreams. Usually they are perfectly animated with appropriate voices.

I have no idea whats wrong with my brain.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Sort of. I imagine hearing Soul's Refrain or the music that played during Asuka v. Harpies in EoE during the space fight, Köm Süesser Tod or something during the Shinji/Rei in Shougoki bits or something, and the previews of 3 and Final played to Everything You Ever Dreamed, awesome Shinji and 08 fight and stuffs. But then I realize theyll probably get newer music like Tsubasa wo Kusai and vetter stuff then i can think of and be infinitely better. :asuka_thumbsup:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:the music that played during Asuka v. Harpies in EoE

Air.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:48 pm

I had a dream that 3.0 came out and that I was really disappointed with it. Fortunately, it turned out not to be true.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

duexmachina
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby duexmachina » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 am

i wish i had a good trailer to watch for a while. you know, to give my dreams a better direction.
So knives out.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 pm

I have had many dreams of evangelion but only few were about 3.33. Although, I did have a dream of 3.33 and Asuka was fighting Kaworu and he started to control unit 02 like in the series and she was killed by her own eva. Then Shinji arose with Rei and they started to fight with kaworu and it ended there.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't dream of Eva, you guys need to stop listening to Eva music while you drink orange juice out of a glass with little Rei's on it, and going to sleep with with an Nerv Blanket and an Asuka Body Pillow.

You guys are just weird....
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:47 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:You guys are just weird....

It's weirder that I have dreams about fairy Puru clones inside a castle but I don't have dreams about Eva.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Had a hybrid 3.0/4.0 dream this morning. Seemed 3.0 based, but there were 4.0 elements happening in it. Everybody had their 3.0 appearances. The girls and Kaworu were in plugsuits, Shinji wore his school uniform. Seemed to be after Near Fourth Impact although the situation was mostly calm.

The pilots and Gendo were at this waterfront at nighttime. It was too dark to see the color of the ocean (Second Impact red or normal shades of blue). There was a ferris wheel overlooking the waterfront that lit up like a lighthouse (the light fading when far and bright when near) when people would ride it.

Kaworu (think he came back to life somehow?) was trying to verbally comfort Shinji (no bomb collar) who was clearly distressed over 3.0-Rei's existence (who was privately debating on changing her name to something else to gain her own identity) and how Rei 2 blew herself and Eva-00 up (like in the 2.0 CRC?) to protect Shinji in 2.22. Although her soul was with Yui's in Eva-01.

Mari seriously told Shinji how Asuka was riding the ferris wheel. Apparently they were all on their way to that safe location implied in the 4.0 Preview (not necessarily a city where remaining Lilin lived, just someplace safe). I think Mari then calmly started talking to Kaworu here, but I didn't catch about what.

Aoi Legend (Shinji's Sdat track 26) started blaring over some loudspeakers while Shinji looked over the distance to see the lit up ferris wheel. Inside, Asuka was wearing her 2.0 testsuit along with her eyepatch and 3.0 hat / jacket. She was staring out at the ocean, feeling somewhat bitter at Shinji, but willing to talk provided he wouldn't be a stupid brat.

Nearby the ferris wheel entrance, Gendo was talking to Rei about something, not necessarily ominous, but Rei had a subtle expression that she didn't agree with whatever Gendo was saying.

Shinji desperately wanted to talk to Asuka about things, but was at a loss how to.

___

And that's where it ended. I think the radio was on in real life (sports station) which probably made me hear music in my dream.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Damn... I'd wish I had seen this thread long ago...
I dreamed about Eva 02 in space :lol:

When I saw the Eva Extra 08 I was like :cringe:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:40 am

I dream about Rebuild or Evangelion generally once in a blue moon. I wish I was in a better habit of writing them down somewhere afterwards, but it's easy to tell why I'm not, because they're so hard to describe.

One I had recently really takes the cake for the sheer warping of my mind, though. One of those cases where after I wake up I have to struggle for a bit to recall how Rebuild really went and whether anything from my dream reflects reality. Followed by a "damn" because absolutely none of it was actually true.

It's too muddled to say which of the following two was the case in the dream: Either the movie I was watching in my dream was Q, or it was 4.0 but with one more movie in the pipeline given its ending. I was under the impression during the dream that what I was watching was actually Q, even though the events in it stemmed from something more like an alternate ending to the real Q. It was either near the end of the dream or as I was half-awake that I tried to puzzle through whether it was Q or some fourth movie with a fifth on the way.

There was no Nerv vs Wille. In this version of events, it seemed like everyone was still working for Nerv, and the "enemy" were instead some kind of rebel group, with a dress sense borrowed from Code Geass's rebels despite the level of technology of their equipment (craft of some sort, also I don't seem to remember there being any actual Evas anywhere in the dream, I think the Children simply had craft of their own). The main feature of this dream was Asuka getting captured and brainwashed (not merely persuaded or indoctrinated but "brainwashed" in a more mind-control-like sense) by the opposing side, with the cliffhanger at the end being the prospect that she must be faced and/or saved in the next and final movie.

And then it translated into something about Voltron as Shinji (was it Shinji anymore?) goes off in the blue lion to fight some bad guys while I control the action as a video game, right as I was waking up.

Anyway, it was one of those dreams where after I pieced together what was real and what wasn't, I was disappointed. I wanted (most of) the dream to be true, most importantly because it meant there'd be one more movie but also because of the focus on Asuka.

Although, the most interesting part of it might have been how I felt as I considered the "enemy". The "enemy" were not faceless; they had faces, emotions, clear personalities (if fairly stock for their description), and right in the middle of the dream I thought to myself how clearly the conflict I was seeing play out before me represented the sad theme of miscommunication that pervades Evangelion, because watching them I felt that if both sides just listened to each other they'd find that they really had nothing to fight over.

Sadly most of what I have left about the dream are memories of how I felt rather than details that might better convey exactly why I felt that way. There are also a lot of elements and ideas and emotions I have way more trouble describing or for that matter even remembering beyond the barest indescribable scraps of feeling or twinge of recognition. But I do remember just how great the dream felt as I was having it, and how disappointed I was when I woke up that none of it had been real, and that the Final I had been looking forward to (and its resolution of the very interesting and breath-taking cliffhanger my dream left off on) would never come.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”