TEETH

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

TEETH

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

So I wanted to address the difference in each evas dental hygene, yes somebody slap me but seriously, if all these have the same blueprints (essentially) why are all of their teeth so very different?

Unit 01 has teeth that look like they've just been bathed in cola for a year which look the most human out of all of them

Unit 02 has mutated ribs for teeth which make an angels' smile look good

Unit 3 has (metal?) armoured plates for teeth which remind me of the teeth seen in unit 01s first berserk, specifically in NGE

Thoughts?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Evangelions don't have blueprints; only their body armors (including entry plugs and other grafts) do.

The biological part of an Evangelion somehow involves Angel DNA.
Angel DNA defies all logic.

And there is your answer.

(You might as well be asking about the Sixth or Seventh Angel's internal biology.)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Unit-01 has the most human teeth out of the three of them, but they're only seen in 19 and 20, otherwise they're encased in armor, like the rest of the body.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Xacebans
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xacebans » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:23 pm

You must be referring to Evil NME Kyouko with the comment regarding 02's "riblike" dentition (Some theorize that those are actually sutures to close her mouth if she'd opened it down her neck some other time). Her teeth as seen in EoE are quite humanoid, despite the need for some significant dental work for the overcrowding near the back. To check for 03's teeth I just rewatched that fight (I'd forgotten how well-animated that one was, impressive) and no teeth were visible, just the red tooth protectors or whatever they are--until Unit 01 punched through poor 03's skull, when I saw a very humanoid jaw and teeth fly out of the gore thanks to my tried-and-true pausing reflexes. I don't think Unit 00's real teeth were ever seen in the show. But 01, 02and 03 have the same kind of teeth in the series; it's only NME-02 that deviates from this design.
TehDonutKing: Break out the booze, sixth-graders, and funny hats, for Xacebans became a true EvaGeek, for checking out Eva-01.
Aiko Heiwa: @Xacebans - Oh baby.
AngelNo13Bardiel: ...good news, Reichu! I think we finally found your long-lost sibling!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be teeth that Eva-02 has in her "dehumanized" form, since they're coming out of gums and everything. I have no idea why the one animator went so overboard and decided to give her "neck-mouth", though... (The anatomical mechanics defy as much logic as the housing of the restrictors.) I'd imagine her teeth look more human by default. It would have been cool if they'd animated the big snake-teeth pushing out of her gums and sending the human!teeth flying everywhere.

And it beats me why they decided to give Eva-01 red teeth in NME. (Talk about having lots of iron in your enamel.) White teeth are so much better, since you can see the blood on them after she's ripped into somebody.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:48 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:White teeth are so much better, since you can see the blood on them after she's ripped into somebody

Using that logic, I'd argue red teeth are a hell of a lot better for fellatio.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:39 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Using that logic, I'd argue red teeth are a hell of a lot better for fellatio.

ZING
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:25 am

So, wait....this thread isn't about Reichu's favourite movie?

The whole neck-mouth thing I think can be explained away by the idea that the Evas become more like angels when they "shed their humanity". Just look at Unit-01 at the end and her arm cannon, looks almost identical to some of the morphing that Ramiel was doing before firing its lasers.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:51 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Using that logic, I'd argue red teeth are a hell of a lot better for fellatio.

Doesn't get it.

Doesn't get it.

Doesn't get it.

Still doe-

Ooohhh...

Oh you!
Leave Shinji alone

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”