Kaworu Question

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Nihbiels
Embryo

Kaworu Question (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

•      
  •      

Postby Nihbiels » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 pm

The Moon has almost no atmosphere. How is Kaworu able to speak and how does his plugsuit make a noise? Could he possibly be using his AT Field to create an artificial atmosphere or is there some sort of dome I'm unaware of?

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 pm

He is made out of PWM ( in rebuild i jope too) therefore there is no need for food/air etc..(like Rei in theory)

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:27 pm

You're talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion, and you can't get past the "okay guys 90% of traditional sci-fi uses noise in space for dramatic liberty even though it shouldn't be there; you'll live with it" phase?

Good grief.

As far as the lack of oxygen goes, being an alien has natural benefits.
Last edited by I Accidentally Dracula on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nihbiels
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nihbiels » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm

It's not his survival on the Moon, but his ability to speak and carry sounds in a vacuum that puzzles me. Sound can't exist if there is no medium for it to travel through. Maybe somehow being composed of PWM he is able to negate this or speak using a different medium such as light.

master_lloyd
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:38 pm

If it's any consolation I don't think Gendo and Fyutsuki heard him.

He probably just mouthed the words and the sound was his thoughts (it's hard to lip-read anime...). I wouldn't bother mulling over this problem, not when 2.0 gave us so many others.
Last edited by master_lloyd on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Jinroh
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:38 pm

It's an anime, don't think too much. And we can find tons of imaginary answers. No big deal.

Try to figure out why ships are noisy in StarWars.

Maximilian
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Maximilian » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:32 pm

As for the whole noise in space thing, I noticed that only scenes with Kaworu have sound (that are in space). There are no "whooshes" when spaceships move, for instance.

Barong
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Barong » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Maximilian wrote:As for the whole noise in space thing, I noticed that only scenes with Kaworu have sound (that are in space). There are no "whooshes" when spaceships move, for instance.

Because he only thought all that noise and lines, yep, even the "swooosh" of the plugsuit. The guy is super sensitive when it comes to the detailz.
and he who forgets will be destined to remember

Maximilian
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Maximilian » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Barong wrote:
Because he only thought all that noise and lines, yep, even the "swooosh" of the plugsuit. The guy is super sensitive when it comes to the detailz.

I mean obviously sound is possible wherever he is, considering in 1.0 he talks to the monolith. I just can't figure if it's an omission on Anno's part or there's something sort of plausible (dome, AT field, etc.) going on.

schismatics
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 pm

It's his gay angel powers. With those on his side, anything is possible. ^_^

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Kaworu can do whatever the fuck he wants. Number One rule of Evangelion.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:48 pm

schismatics wrote:It's his gay angel powers. With those on his side, anything is possible. ^_^
so his gay angel powers defeat quantum magic? :boingy:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

bladerj
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:51 pm

@ OP, so is this a problem for you ? how about the missibles being launched at the thing the came from space, and exploding on his at field ?
bah....such useless thread
ANATA BAKA !?

schismatics
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:54 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:
schismatics wrote:It's his gay angel powers. With those on his side, anything is possible. ^_^
so his gay angel powers defeat quantum magic? :boingy:

Gay angel powers defeat ANYTHING. :leekspin:

GothGirl95
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GothGirl95 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 am

Well, lets not forget he's an Angel after all and he has a lot of abilities, such as the ones in NGE episode 24 and in EOE. There are a lot of things he did that no other human, in existence, can do. He's powers so far:

- levitation (a power with which a person/object can fly, without the need of wings) - i suppose you already know that Kaworu can fly (episode 24)

- telepathy (the power to communicate between people/objects through thoughts, feelings, desires, etc.) - this can be seen when Kaworu is talking to Lilith, using telepathy (episode 24)

- telekinesis (the power to move objects using thoughts, without touching them physically) - this can be seen when Kaworu opens the door to the place, where Lilith is, with just looking and not touching the door (episode 24)

- Kaworu is also able to create an AT Field

*Message me if there are other powers I haven't mentioned. :wink:

And I guess he probably has more powers from where these came from. So now you see that just because he can breathe and talk in space is probably another (new) power of his'. :asuka_happy: :asuka_thumbsup:
Last edited by GothGirl95 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaworu Nagisa - The Best Hero Of All Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Now lets keep in mind that we don't know the extent of Mark 6s power, what if Kaworu doesnt have that much power in his abilities at all and they are actually amplified by the Mark 6, I do believe that he hasnt been seen not touching Mk6
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Jornophelanthas
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

View Original PostGothGirl95 wrote:*Message me if there are other powers I haven't mentioned. :wink:

I'll just post one here, if it's all the same to you.

- Mental control over Evangelions created from Adam's body.
He uses this ability to achieve better-than-perfect synchronization with Unit-02, allowing him to "pilot" it from outside of the entry plug through mere power of thought.

This one is different from telekinesis, because this power is actually explained in Episode 24. I'll present this argument in a structured form:
1. Kaworu's consciousness is the soul of Adam.
2. All Evangelions (except Unit-01) are cloned from Adam's body.
2A. All Evangelions (except Unit-01) are part of Adam's body.
2B. Unit-02 is a part of Adam's body.
3. Adam's soul is able to control Adam's body, as long as no other active soul resides in it.
3A. Kaworu is able to control Adam's body, as long as no other active soul resides in it.
4. Unit-02's soul is dormant (as a result of Asuka's breakdown).
4A. Unit-02's soul is not an active soul.
4B. Kaworu is able to control Unit-02.

Furthermore, it follows from (3) that Kaworu can actually control Unit-02 as if it were an extension of his own body: as long as his AT Field extended far enough to include Unit-02, it basically became a separate set of limbs he could control in the same way we control our own bodies.

---

Of course, none of this has any bearing on Rebuild-Kaworu, since he may well have other alien abilities, and we still have no clue about his secret nature in the Rebuild-universe.

---

Finally, my take on his ability to produce sound in space is the following:
1. Sound exists only within an atmosphere, where there is no vacuum.
2. The moon does have an atmosphere, although a very, very minor one.*
2A. There can exist some sound on the moon, although only in a very, very minor way.
3. The scenes where Kaworu speaks or creates sound on the moon are seen from his point of view.
3A. Kaworu's point of view presents the very, very minor speech and sounds on the moon as though they were as normal and meaningful as on Earth.

I have two possible conclusions:
1. Either Kaworu's perception of sound has a very intricate attention to detail;

or

2; Kaworu emits an AT Field that sustains his form in a near-vacuum and that mimics an atmosphere to the extent that the existence of normal and meaningful sounds and speech is enabled.

*Reference for 2: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_the_Moon[/url]

---
View Original Postwonderluster wrote:Now lets keep in mind that we don't know the extent of Mark 6s power, what if Kaworu doesnt have that much power in his abilities at all and they are actually amplified by the Mark 6, I do believe that he hasnt been seen not touching Mk6

Kaworu is seen in the closing scene of Rebuild 1.0, emerging from a coffin on the moon. He was not touching Unit-06 at that time, although it was nearby.
Last edited by Jornophelanthas on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:53 pm

How did Indiana Jones survive a nuclear blast with a refrigerator? Nobody knows, but nobody really cares. In fiction, the physics of reality don't really apply.
- Sachi

I host an unofficial discord server for the EvaGeeks forum. Join us! https://discord.gg/XavA4HB

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 pm

The list of powers from GothGirl95 and Jornophelanthas are impressively researched, but aren't they all based on NGE/EoE and thus should not be taken for granted as such in NME? Many assume he is an Angel in NME, but I am not sure we even have a definitive proof on this.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyper Shinchan
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm

View Original Postschismatics wrote:It's his gay angel powers. With those on his side, anything is possible. ^_^

This is why we love him :grin:
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”