[Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:37 pm

I loved GOS2 manga even though the art burned my eyes it wound up being my favourite eva manga although I do have two complaints about it one kensuke hitting on Asuka disgusted me (IIRC his explaintion as to why he like her was she was hot) and god damn it they did not show Asuka and Shinji's kiss in volume 6

On the note of Asuka's populatrity I heard that Rei is far more popular than her (but I did hear when 2.0 came out Asuka became more popular)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:On the note of Asuka's populatrity I heard that Rei is far more popular than her (but I did hear when 2.0 came out Asuka became more popular)

True, but I was talking about shipping - LAS beat LRS by a far margin :)
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:True, but I was talking about shipping - LAS beat LRS by a far margin :)

That is good news to hear (ISRP LAS ending hope has increased). oh I am really hoping for a LAS end that does not involve stranglation in the third rebuild movie
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Don't get those hopes up too high there FM. :shinchair: :asuka_sad:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:30 pm

A letter I wrote is going to be in Misato's Fan Service Center in Vol.10 of Shinji Ikari Raising Project!! ^_^ (Volume 10 is the one with Shinji in drag for the school festival, lol. It's the volume with Kyoko and Asuka on the cover.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:A letter I wrote is going to be in Misato's Fan Service Center in Vol.10 of Shinji Ikari Raising Project!! ^_^ (Volume 10 is the one with Shinji in drag for the school festival, lol. It's the volume with Kyoko and Asuka on the cover.)

Congratulations!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Sweet. Good job, SSD! :thumbsup:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 pm

I'd like to read SSD's letter, but I don't intend to buy the manga anymore...
Voluntary Illusion.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:52 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I'd like to read SSD's letter, but I don't intend to buy the manga anymore...

:rofl:

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:11 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I'd like to read SSD's letter, but I don't intend to buy the manga anymore...
Me neither. But i can always :pirate:
Except i have to learn Japanese first.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:25 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:A letter I wrote is going to be in Misato's Fan Service Center in Vol.10 of Shinji Ikari Raising Project!! ^_^ (Volume 10 is the one with Shinji in drag for the school festival, lol. It's the volume with Kyoko and Asuka on the cover.)

"Going to be"...? But Vol.10 was published back in May 2010... I am a bit confused....
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:"Going to be"...? But Vol.10 was published back in May 2010... I am a bit confused....

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/18-936/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-The-Shinji-Ikari-Raising-Project-Volume-10-TPB

Unless you're talking about a "Misato's Fan Service Center" in the Japanese volume 10 where they print English letters from fans.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:24 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Unless you're talking about a "Misato's Fan Service Center" in the Japanese volume 10 where they print English letters from fans.

SSD wrote "A letter I wrote is going to be in Misato's Fan Service Center in Vol.10 of Shinji Ikari Raising Project!" and people commented on having to learn Japanese first, so I assumed it was the Japanese edition.... You can tell I am still confused...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:47 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:... and people commented on having to learn Japanese first, so I assumed it was the Japanese edition.... You can tell I am still confused...

Observe the use of the Pirate Emoticon in Someone's post.
Voluntary Illusion.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 am

^ I noted that. But both Japanese and English edition can be pirated, right? Not sure how this points to whether it is the Japanese edition that is being talked about....

Anyway, I finally managed to find the raw scan of ISRP vol.10 in its original Japanese (my hard copy was stashed away, so...) and I could not find a section named "Misato's Fan Service Corner" so I guess you guys are talking about the English official translation after all...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 am

I'll say this much: I won't buy it (the same thing I've done with all the other volumes of ISRP), but I'll make damn sure to read it next time I'm in the nearest place that sells copies after it gets released.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks Carl for the lovely prize! :)

It's a pencil board from Young Ace September 2011 issue.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Heh, nice. :clap:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

My 15 minutes of fame (it's on the very last page of the letters), I'm kinda proud of myself since I'm a nobody:

15 minutes  SPOILER: Show

For those who can't be arsed to read the Manga, here's my letter:

SSD's letter  SPOILER: Show
I donated to the Red Cross on the day of the Sendai Earthquake/Tsunami. Although I'm not in Japan, I have a few friends there, but thankfully they and the seiyuu I adore are living within the Tokyo region, safe and sound. Yet it doesn't take away from the fact that this event is truly depressing with the loss of life and overall destruction. At least Japan is a strong country, they'll be back on their feet in no time especially with aid throughout the world, but...

Strangely enough, this event (and I'm probably (not) alone in this), made me understand a little better of why the world of Evangelion (whether original flavor Neon Genesis Evangelion or the remake Evangelion: New Movie Edition) is such a hit in Japan. While Tokyo-3 itself is a beautiful city despite the constant Angel attacks, there's the aftermath of Second Impact--so much loss of life and destruction--and the prevention of Third Impact that looms overhead everyday for the city's residents. The Angel battles also are rather stressful, with shelter evacuations and constant cleanups after each attack... And of course, there's the battle stress for the Eva pilots themselves which is amidst their own psychological issues.

Sadly, shelter evacuations and cleanups aren't a foreign concept to the Japanese what with various natural disasters looming over them (including how NGE's broadcast was around the time of the AMU cult Saran attacks, which must have been terrifying on its own).

The Sendai Earthquake/Tsunami has reminded me of a few things, at least. First off, Maya's line from Episode 11: "To prepare is to prevent." honestly rings true. The damage could have been a lot worse than it was if Japan was not already Earthquake-proof in various regions. Another thing to keep in mind is people really have been showing concern and care for each other throughout this difficult time; whether it's through foreign aid or beautiful stories of the citizens coming together. (Operation Yashima, launch!)

There's always a sliver of hope that people have to remember to hang on to, whether it's in the world of Eva or the real world.

~Sailor Star Dust, Asuka/Shinji Fangirl for life

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:My 15 minutes of fame (it's on the very last page of the letters), I'm kinda proud of myself since I'm a nobody:

15 minutes  SPOILER: Show

For those who can't be arsed to read the Manga, here's my letter:

SSD's letter  SPOILER: Show

HOLY FREAKING COW, THAT IS AWESOME!! Way to go to get in the manga, SSD, you must be psyched!! :woohoo:

As they said at the end of Evangelion:

"Congradulations." :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”