Fazmotron's Japan Eva Trip

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Fazmotron's Japan Eva Trip

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:12 am

Sup Geeks.
Because I have so much Evangelion stuff to show you from my trip to Japan I've decided to dump it all into this thread, starting with my visits to the Evangelion Store at Harajuku in Tokyo.

I made this video while I have there, it is a complete walkthrough of the store and of most of the stuff they are selling there. (The only bit of the store not in the video is the art wall that has sketches and artworks from various artists, including a signed sketch by Hideaki Anno).

The Eva-Store is just off the main strip of shops that is directly across from Harajuku train station. (A street that is almost constantly packed with people)

The Store is 2 stories of nearly every type of Eva merchandise you can think of, and some you would never logically think of.

Like this series of horse/pony/Eva things.

The bottom floor is all the really expensive stuff like jewellery and clothing, and upstairs is all the other general merchandise like books and cards and toys and so on.

Upstairs has a large display wall filled with all sorts of Eva figures, postcards, dinnerware and so on.

Around the back of the store there is an Eva vending machine, gashapon station, and the wall of Q characters.

And here's the rest of the photos of the store, including close ups of the character wall.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/dscf1021v.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/dscf0896m.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/dscf1020i.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/dscf1019k.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/dscf1013l.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/dscf1014jo.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/dscf1015z.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/dscf1016s.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/dscf1017t.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Coming Soon: All the stuff I bought (16kg worth), and a video walkthrough of Evangelion World at Fuji-Q Highland.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 am

"Sup Geeks"

Fazmatron, I'd like to thank you for going out of your way to not only visit the store, but to record your walk through the store on a handheld camera to share with us. It means a lot to me because I have no certainty if I'll ever visit Japan, or if the store will be still the same.

Great video, great photographs, and I look forward to seeing your next post. :ritsuko_mug:
Voluntary Illusion.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:50 am

So jelly!

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby insomniac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:19 am

Cool wallets! And so many other cool stuff!

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 am

Great stuff, Fazmotron. I will go to Tokyo later this year and surely would pay it a visit.

One thing to note: How easy you can spot female visitors in the store. I guess locating Eva Store in Harajuku (which has hordes of female shoppers) is a wise choice (compare to locating it in Akiharaba for example).
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 am

Those are all some really great pictures

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks for the pix, Faz.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Faz: excellent work, man. You could try to add a watermark to make sure all the shots are yours.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Holy cow, these are awesome pics Faz! More Eva merchandise, the merrier. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fazmotron's Japan Eva Trip

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 pm

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Like this series of horse/pony/Eva things.
My Little Evangelion : Instrumentality is Magic
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Niiice.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I like how they have Kaji's watermelon patch, is the one in the photo actually a real watermelon plant or fake one for decoration?
View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Image

Are these watches?
Last edited by KnightmareX13 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Great pictures! I definitely want to go to this store one day if I get the chance. Even if I don't buy anything it would still be a lot of fun.

That being said, I know that Eva merchandise can be expensive, but is that an 8000 yen shot glass I'm looking at? Someone please tell me there is a misunderstanding here.

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:You could try to add a watermark to make sure all the shots are yours.

Ehh, I'm not really fussed, it just means I have to re-upload everything, and I'm way too lazy for that.

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I like how they have Kaji's watermelon patch, is the one in the photo actually a real watermelon plant or fake one for decoration?

They're all real plants, but there's no watermelon plant in there. They're all just cabbages and leafy vegetables.

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:That being said, I know that Eva merchandise can be expensive, but is that an 8000 yen shot glass I'm looking at? Someone please tell me there is a misunderstanding here.

The ones in the photos, the red, purple, and black and white ones, aren't shot glasses, they're normal glass size. There were some other shot glasses for sale there and they were fairly expensive as well.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.

FAZMOTRON.com

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 pm

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:That being said, I know that Eva merchandise can be expensive, but is that an 8000 yen shot glass I'm looking at? Someone please tell me there is a misunderstanding here.

Fan crasftman-made custom glasses can cost even more. It also depends on material (crystal costs much more). The price is not out of norm in Japan.

KnightmareX13 wrote:Are these watches?

I think on the boxes there are the words "EVANGELION Watch Project".
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

What are those Sachiel thingy at 2:50?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Are these watches?

Yes, really expensive watches.

View Original PostFireball wrote:What are those Sachiel thingy at 2:50?

They have lollies (candy) or some other weird Eva related food product inside, like Eva shaped Manjū.
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.

FAZMOTRON.com

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Are they still selling the bucket? Tokyo Anime Center at Akihabara UDX had a few in stock last time I was there.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 pm

^ Actually it looks kind of cool. I don't see why it is silly. Overpriced perhaps, but not silly. Imagine you can kick the bucket with Evangelion; or do gardening like Kaji with the bucket, etc etc...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Imagine you can kick the bucket with Evangelion...

*Winces* :lol: Though, I figure if you watch the entire series within 24 hours, that might be an option. :)

I love that the sign out front reads "Tokyo-01."
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”