Super Robot Wars

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

[Video Games] Super Robot Wars

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 am

AKA Those Games That Make Shinji Awesome. I figured this goes better here as Eva's only in like five games.
My love of these games is pretty well known at this point I think. Playing J, on stage 42. And is MX worth importing? I mean Eva, RahXephon, and UC Gundam in the same game is seven kinds of awesome, after all...
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: [VIDEO GAME] Super Robot Wars

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:Playing J, on stage 42.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the included shows have you seen? Are you trying to avoid spoilers, or are you just plowing through?

And is MX worth importing?

If you can get it for cheap. Otherwise you might be better off spending your money on the newer games in the franchise. Both OG3 and Z2-2 will be released relatively soon, after all.

I mean Eva, RahXephon, and UC Gundam in the same game is seven kinds of awesome, after all...

The UC guys are there as roster filler, but there's plenty of new entries to balance that out. The annoying thing about MX is that there are plenty of bosses that you actually don't get to fight. Instead, the scenes are handled as scripted events. Otherwise it's a solid, albeit a very easy game.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: [VIDEO GAME] Super Robot Wars

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:46 am

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many of the included shows have you seen? Are you trying to avoid spoilers, or are you just plowing through?

Seen all but Brain Powerd, Dancouga, and Zeorymer. Trying to avoid spoilers for Brain, otherwise plowing through.

Gah, Nadesico Route 44 is a pain with the sudden renforcements always poping up when I'm kicking ass... But I got Gai, which is awesome. Shame I fucked up on Gale or Julia though. >>
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 pm

I love SRW J simply because it can be summed up as "Koji Kabuto and the OC join the crew of the Nadesico and fuck shit up". All other series seem to be knocked down to secondary characters with the occasional side story map or two, but when the shit hits the fan, Koji and the main character are right at the center of it, with Yurika doing her thing in the background. Also worth mentioning is the attention to detail, noted when the teacher from FMP (the one with the tendency of having bad shit happen to her) ends up in ground zero of falling space debris in the first chapter.

I got past the Macross assault mission of Alpha Gaiden (chapter nine, I think) before I put it down and decided to wait for Gideon Zhi to finish translating Alpha. SRW 3 was okay, if a [s:2jmtfuru]little[/s:2jmtfuru]lot harder than normal. And all the OG games were pretty fun. Especially Endless Frontier, with it's boob jokes.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Just finished bitchslapping Gu-Landon. With maxed out Zeorymer and Granteed Dracodeus with SSSS bonuses. *evil laugh*

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Screw maxed out Zeorymer. I maxed out Mazinkaizer's weapons/armor, and stuck a solar panel on him for good measure (SSSS upgrade is hella awesome, also). I also recently did the same to God Gundam, but I haven't had the chance to try him out yet. Hopefully, Domon won't be a whiny bitch anymore now that he's got clarity.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:24 am

LOLNERCO

Anyway, making progress in SRW D (about halfway through) and have just downloaded the remaining GBA SRWs to my PSP. As I type, I'm playing Advance. Plan on finding a GBC emulator for Super Robot Pinball though.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:05 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:Anyway, making progress in SRW D (about halfway through) and have just downloaded the remaining GBA SRWs to my PSP. As I type, I'm playing Advance.

I got about halfway through D until the emulator decided to eat my savestates and I ragequit like a motherfucker. Have fun with A, and remember to use plenty of lube. It's less painful that way.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 pm

The scans for the new Famitsu have been leaked.

http://f.pic.to/2t5zs
http://u.pic.to/123xz
http://c.pic.to/7jhya

Santa is real, and he's a /m/an.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am

Glad to see that Crow is going to be back in part 2. No real surprise in the roster except for macross 7.

What platform is this going to be on PSP I guess

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Currently playing SRW OG and it got kind of bad once I got to the Far East Brigade, to be honest.
I don´t like the shit ton of new mechs and pilots the game just dumped on me and generally don´t feel like managing them all.
I wonder if I can just ignore the new units and finish the game with the ATX team, Katina, Russel, the Hiryuu and Tasuku only...

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:The scans for the new Famitsu have been leaked.

There better be a partner/squad system this time around. And since Trailblazer is not included in the roster, here's hoping for a Z3.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 pm

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:And since Trailblazer is not included in the roster, here's hoping for a Z3.

I think trailblazer is going to appear in Z3 and I think it will most likely be accompanied by endless waltz as well.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:There better be a partner/squad system this time around.

Considering this game now has the largest cast list in any SRW? There needs to be one.

And maybe making the Macross Frontier and Eureka SeveN pilots better.

But at least Macross 7 is back. Hopefully Fire Bomber songs will be stat-buffs again.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:But at least Macross 7 is back. Hopefully Fire Bomber songs will be stat-buffs again.

"Ore no uta wo kike!" WOW this is really an excellent news, possibly the best SRW related news of the year.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:50 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:"Ore no uta wo kike!" WOW this is really an excellent news, possibly the best SRW related news of the year.
Tetsujin-28 (80's series) is in too.

GRANDPA TETSUJIN IS ABOUT TO PUNCH A BITCH.

Needless to say, /m/ was freaking the hell out.

BulletShoot
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BulletShoot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Tetsujin 28 is in this game...

I have been successfully aroused.

Disappointed the Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle isn't going to be worked into the game, but I can get over that.
Enjoying a Toasty Cheese Sandwich is my middle name.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Disappointed the Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle isn't going to be worked into the game, but I can get over that.

I second this notion. That and I thought Macross Plus would be in, but oh well. Also, relevant:

So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:That and I thought Macross Plus would be in, but oh well.

Yeah, especially considering the second Macross Frontier film.

Anyway, lately I've been playing MX Portable since an MX related pic has been posted in the Eva picture thread some weeks ago. I'm appreciating it more compared to the past, I already tried to play it 2 or 3 years ago, it could be because now I've watched most of the involved series.
The events after the battle against Zeruel left me quite amazed, rather than borrowing them from NGE they used Sadamoto's version. I wonder if there were other elements borrowed from the manga that I could have missed, anyway it's almost ironical that they've used the manga as inspiration but they've saved Touji.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:42 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Anyway, lately I've been playing MX Portable since an MX related pic has been posted in the Eva picture thread some weeks ago.

hmmmm I wonder who could of posted that :smirk:

Today I recently beat SWR L. The last boss was a cake walk its just his endless horde of minions that gave me trouble. I really wish there was U.C. Gundam in the game but beggars can’t be choosers, and magically the game lowered my dislike for Shin Asuka I guess it had something to do with Shin having the second most kills out of all my units.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”