What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm

That makes sense.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:07 am

This can also go to this thread:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/7852/You-know-youre-obsessed-with-NGE-when-thread/
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:15 am

When you're studying magnetism in Physics, and you come across solenoids. *awaits "anta baka"*

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:28 am

"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure..."

Yep. Saw Inception again this evening - third time so far. I have to wonder if Nolan was influenced by Eva's train motifs...
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Look Familiar?

SPOILER: Show

@Fireand'chutes77
I was thinking the same thing when I watched it.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 pm

I recently got a Nat "King" Cole CD collection of 54 songs, and one of the songs I think sums most of the shipping in the Eva fandom pretty well, "Too Young."
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Andalites' heads and upper bodies. I've been reading Animorphs again and the description and images of Andalites are very EVAesque...

edit: as of today, marine iguanas. Their heads remember me of EVAs'
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:39 pm

My dormitory is right next to the beach, and at night these big lights shine on the side of the building. The light reflects off of the water and lands on my ceiling. It's a red-orange color. As the waves move slowly back and forth, this rectangle of red light on my ceiling moves with them. The rest of my ceiling is lit by a faint blue-violet light. I'm in bed, looking at the colors on the ceiling, listening to the waves. Through the window, there's the clear night sky, just the stars and the full moon.

I thought, all this view needs is a planetary ring of LCL, a couple of headless crucified Evas, and Lilith's corpse.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I know this mightn't be counted as real life, but Covenant Elites from the Halo series sorta look like Evas to me.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:11 pm

^
I never realized that, arbiter reminds me of an MP eva. :harpy_liplick:
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:28 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I know this mightn't be counted as real life, but Covenant Elites from the Halo series sorta look like Evas to me.

I'm a die hard Halo fan and I've never noticed that... Wow...

Along those lines, I was playing Rift (an MMO) for a few months, and there was a warrior in my guild who died his armor purple and green. The way the colors split I swear it looked like a human version of the armor/restraints on 01. I asked him whether he did it on purpose but he didn't recognize the name.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:07 pm

View Original PostCeimoa Nan wrote:My dormitory is right next to the beach, and at night these big lights shine on the side of the building. The light reflects off of the water and lands on my ceiling. It's a red-orange color. As the waves move slowly back and forth, this rectangle of red light on my ceiling moves with them. The rest of my ceiling is lit by a faint blue-violet light. I'm in bed, looking at the colors on the ceiling, listening to the waves. Through the window, there's the clear night sky, just the stars and the full moon.

Add some line breaks, and send it to a company that publishes poetry, because that's an awesome free-verse.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:43 am

^

Hah, I was thinking I sounded too poetic.

Another thing, though this is just one instance, but I guess still "day to day life," my philosophy teacher was listing Kant's "four questions," which are usually phrased this way: What can I know? What should I do? What may I hope for? What is man? My teacher, for some reason, phrased them something like this (I can only remember the last two verbatim):

1) There is (not) a reality
2) There is (not) a right and wrong
3) There is (not) a God
4) There is (not) a person

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:08 pm

I've been house-sitting for a neighbor and I'm using the opportunity to watch movies & TV shows on my computer through their big-screen TV. The nerd that I am, I'm watching Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" on Hulu.

So far in the soundtrack they've used Pachelbel's "Canon in D" and Bach's "Air." The former has become one of my favorite pieces and gained a mental connection to Eva when I found out it had been used for Death & Rebirth's end credits. The latter is easy to spot once you start laying Asuka's rage-screams over bars of classical music. If it sounds particularly heart-wrenching, it's probably "Air."

Sagan had a famously particular way of saying the word "human," and after 7 episodes or so it begins to infect your mental vocabulary.... So cue acute hilarity when I suddenly remembered the frequent use of the word "human" in Rei's Poem.

*Cut to a black sound stage and the string/wind/percussion version of "Cruel Angel's Thesis." Rei walks toward us at a carefully measured pace with her hands clasped behind her back, wearing the sweater and glasses from EoTV. Below her is a CGI inlay of the Sephiroticvm that would have looked SO COOL AND MODERN to the viewing audience of 1995.*

"...And so we might ask ourselves,
What are 'umans?
Are they creations of God?
'Umans, that which is created by 'umans?"

---

Heh. Given the way Sagan seems to “know the script” of the universe, but still has that quirky detachment from “normal” people (i.e., He talks about the threat of nuclear war with the very faintest of smiles), I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be Angel #17.5

*Snort*

An even better possibility: He *is* an Angel, and accidentally gets sent to NERV instead of Kaworu because one of SEELE’s American minions couldn’t pronounce/type Kaworu’s name.

*Minion is going transfer paperwork*

“Date of birth, let’s see… September 13th, 2000. And…. Name…. Uh. Kara-ooo. No, that’s not it. Kaww-rooo. No. Kay-woo. Nope. Kara- …Kara- …Kara – Screw it. Carl.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 pm

A chunk of the Elder Scrolls, in all honesty, especially when you get into Morrowinds mainquest, with the [s:9ocjxwg2]tanging[/s:9ocjxwg2] disappearence the Dwemer by the hands of [s:9ocjxwg2]Lilith[/s:9ocjxwg2] Lorkhans heart and their very own giant stompy robot. I also now picture the Thalmor's cracked out leaders speaking to each other via giant black monoliths.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah, the Dwemer had a real SEELE plan going on. NGE is pretty easily compatible with TES metaphysics in most regards, actually, especially due to the identification of fuckoff-huge robots with Towers and Walking Ways. Reach heaven by violence and all that.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 pm

View Original PostLorkhan wrote:I also now picture the Thalmor's cracked out leaders speaking to each other via giant black monoliths.

That would probably fit their flair for the magical and secrecy, too. Does that make Titus Mede II Gendo?

I get the sense he was only cooperating until the time was right to strike back. Maybe I shouldn't have.... well, you know.

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:56 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:That would probably fit their flair for the magical and secrecy, too. Does that make Titus Mede II Gendo?

I found that the College of Winterhold, as strange as it sounds, reminds me of a giant analog for Nerv. Think about it, Mirabelle would be Misato, Savos as Gendo, and Tolfdir Fuyutuski. And I guess that Thalmor spy would be Keel, with J'zargo as Asuka and Brelyna as Rei. Add the giant glowing ball of cosmic doom in their basement capable of destroying the world, and you get a Neon Genesis Winterhold mod.

EDIT:
Does that make Titus Mede II Gendo?

Hrmm....tough call.

Opinions on Titus Mede II range from hardcore super badass to broken down old man. Personally, I saw the latter in him, as I think on top of the White Gold Concordant, Hammefell's desertion of the empire hit him pretty hard, and now with Skyrim vying for a chance to pull out, hes only a husk of what he once was. The fact he resigned himself to death sort of signaled this to me, considering his over the top actions during the war. Comparing the two though, you have a valid point, and it does have some merit. However, I feel that Gendo hasn't exactly lost his ambition in what he has set out to do in the series, while as Mede has decided to pull an Asuka and accepted death for his failures. Okay, maybe thats a bit extreme, I do think the comparison is there.
Last edited by Lorkhan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 pm

View Original PostLorkhan wrote:I found that the College of Winterhold, as strange as it sounds, reminds me of a giant analog for Nerv. Think about it, Mirabelle would be Misato, Savos as Gendo, and Tolfdir Fuyutuski. And I guess that Thalmor spy would be Keel, with J'zargo as Asuka and Brelyna as Rei. Add the giant glowing ball of cosmic doom in their basement capable of destroying the world, and you get a Neon Genesis Winterhold mod.

Alas, I cannot read your post because I haven't done the college yet (I got bored whenI hit mid 40's and turned up the difficulty to master and still was able to breeze through everything except elder dragons).

I'll mark this down and come back once I do, though. :asuka_thumbsup:

Reptile
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Reptile » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:07 pm

My friends a redhead, the only natural redhead i know, she reminds me of Asuka, the hair color tone is pretty close. I got her to dress up as Asuka on Halloween, 'twas a pretty enjoyable evening
I told you about tumbling down, i warned you bro.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”