WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (e)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Loyalty, honor, Wisdom. These words have been used to characterize me, as well as characterize Samurai.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm

^ Is it a drawing of a fictional samurai, or a historical one?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

evamegane
Embryo

Postby evamegane » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:11 pm

OMG That is so cool.
I'm hungry... for a S2 engine!

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Symbv, it is probably fictional. But that doesn't mean it isn't badass.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:15 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Symbv, it is probably fictional. But that doesn't mean it isn't badass.

Of course being fictional can also be badass. I just wonder as I could not recognize the helmet worn by the samurai....
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:57 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I, for one, loved Nyoro~n Churuya-san and recommend it over the second season of the main series any day.

You must hate Tsuruya with a passion. The first season and Haruhi-chan are the only anime in the series worth watching. The novels are so much better that even that much is reaching.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:You must hate Tsuruya with a passion. The first season and Haruhi-chan are the only anime in the series worth watching. The novels are so much better that even that much is reaching.

We've heard your opinion of the anime many times, you have quite the hatred for it.

Qubeley gets all da bitches.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:50 pm

That nose...

Also Midori "Dolly" Komaki from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

And speaking of Devil Survivor, I just found out that in the 3DS port of the game, Atsuro Kihara is voiced by Spike Spencer.

hahaha.

It's funny because I was being uncreative and named the protagonist Shinji Ikari.

Also, I already have my next avatar decided.

SPOILER: Show
It's going to be Princess Zelda
Last edited by Aiko Heiwa on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Thank you.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 pm

I feel like changing my avatar

Not sure if I want to go with Sauron or Souron's Eye

Decisions, decisions ...
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:40 pm

^ I'd go with Sauron, but that's just me.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Sauron's a pretty cool look.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I feel asleep! (In the feet) Bzzz

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 am

The avatar I used over at Trivial Being (now defunct).

Cliché, but in my defense, in 2005/06 the anime was still relatively new to the states.

This is also the only time I'll use an anime-inspired pic. 'Cause I'm a non-conformist, dammit! ANIME SUXOR! *runs away* Image
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:57 am

^ Then why are you here, of all places? That seems rather perplexing, Slim. :tongue:

Anyway...the week's up, so here comes change again. We'll go with Billy Corgan (from back when he had hair) for now, who I believe might just have been the younger Ikari in another life.

...what? Both are musically inclined and can be equally melancholy and whiny sometimes, that's all I'm saying.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:20 am

@ Alaska Slim is that one of the covers of the OST?
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Someone » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:23 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:That nose...

Also Midori "Dolly" Komaki from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

And speaking of Devil Survivor, I just found out that in the 3DS port of the game, Atsuro Kihara is voiced by Spike Spencer.

hahaha.

It's funny because I was being uncreative and named the protagonist Shinji Ikari.

Also, I already have my next avatar decided.

SPOILER: Show
It's going to be Princess Zelda

*facepalm* I hated Midori.
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56 am

Very nice avatar Alaska Slim.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

"Not I" Said the Ethreal Canine. BD

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:59 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:^ Then why are you here, of all places? That seems rather perplexing, Slim.

Because Evangelion is an anime that trolls anime. It's a kind of genuine self-defeatism that my stilted-ego finds absolutely delectable, just like TV shows that posture the message "Stop watching TV and go outside" or films that preach against building malls, while being screened in a mall.

Who says irony is dead? :guffaw:

@bobbyfischer's ghost: Yes it is.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Re: "Not I" Said the Ethreal Canine. BD

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:04 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Evangelion is an anime that trolls anime. It's a kind of genuine self-defeatism that my stilted ego finds absolutely delectable, just like TV shows that posture the message "Stop watching TV and go outside" or films that preach against building malls, while being screened in a mall.

Oh. Right. I forget details like that sometimes. That does make perfect sense, yes.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 am

View Original PostSpud wrote:I feel like changing my avatar

Not sure if I want to go with Sauron or Souron's Eye

Why not Sauron's mouth for a change? :p
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Old Stickies”