Re-Take wiki page

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Re-Take wiki page

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:34 pm

I recently read Re-Take, and I was impressed by it and I enjoyed it very much however, I needed some clarification on certain parts of the storyline, so I referred to the wiki page. I read it, but I disliked the unprofessional style of writing and I believe that it was not up to standards that many of the wiki pages follow. I apologise if I am offending the author of the page in question, but what I wish to ask is, I am allowed to edit it?
I have only read the all ages version of Re-Take, due to the fact that I am aware that it is a Hentai doujin. Does the storyline in the all ages version differ from the original, and will it alter my explanation of the plot?
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Re: Re-Take wiki page

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 pm

That first question you had will have to be answered by someone higher up the food chain than me (not a mod/contributor to any of the wiki), but...

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I have only read the all ages version of Re-Take, due to the fact that I am aware that it is a Hentai doujin. Does the storyline in the all ages version differ from the original, and will it alter my explanation of the plot?

...this I can answer for you, and that answer would be "no". Not enough to matter, anyway.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Well there is the retake thread most questions regarding retake have been answered there http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/1743/DOUJINSHI-Re-Take/

As to if you have any questions I could probley answer most if you asked (but symbv would be the best person to ask as he owns both the all ages version and the 18 plus edition and knows more about it than me)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I recently read Re-Take, and I was impressed by it and I enjoyed it very much however, I needed some clarification on certain parts of the storyline, so I referred to the wiki page. I read it, but I disliked the unprofessional style of writing and I believe that it was not up to standards that many of the wiki pages follow. I apologise if I am offending the author of the page in question, but what I wish to ask is, I am allowed to edit it?

I wonder who wrote that wiki page.... Actually I was not aware of a wiki page for Re-Take...

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I have only read the all ages version of Re-Take, due to the fact that I am aware that it is a Hentai doujin. Does the storyline in the all ages version differ from the original, and will it alter my explanation of the plot?

I consider All-ages as the final edit as Kimigabuchi wrote it after the 18x version and made changes to streamline and improve the storytelling on top of cutting or replacing the explicit sex scenes (and then adding some other scenes). It changes the plot only very little; if anything it should make it easier to explain the plot with all-age version because the storyline is more coherent there.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 pm

You can always check out the History, Zeak started writing it: http://wiki.evageeks.org/index.php?title=Re-Take&dir=prev&action=history Myself and some others edited the page to make it more professional. At one point, Eric Blair said he'd make his own summary write-up (which I'm still waiting on to include into the Wiki).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:46 pm

^ Thanks SSD. The main contributors are names I don't recognize - Zeak and Bee-Zerk.

I have just checked the wiki for Re-Take and I think there is a lot of room to expand, particularly the All-Ages version (like having separate sub-sections for the 3 volumes just like the six in 18x version, and stress that it is a final edit that is not just "a version of the Re-Take series with the sexual content removed" (copied form wiki) which seems to indicate that the All-ages only removed things, where in fact it has things edited, moved and added.

And it would be great if some of the technical information (publication date, cover art) about Re-Take I posted in Re-Take thread can be included in the wiki
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/494723/DOUJINSHI-Re-Take/#494723
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/494887/DOUJINSHI-Re-Take/#494887

Don't think I have the time and will to work on Re-Take wiki (Madoka translation takes higher priority in my mind right now) but if there is any question or topic about Re-Take you guys want to ask or discuss, we can do it in the Re-Take thread.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:You can always check out the History, Zeak started writing it: http://wiki.evageeks.org/index.php?title=Re-Take&dir=prev&action=history Myself and some others edited the page to make it more professional. At one point, Eric Blair said he'd make his own summary write-up (which I'm still waiting on to include into the Wiki).

May I have permission to edit some of the parts of the page that are in need of the most work? Also, for the time being could someone who is in charge of the wiki pages please put a notification at the top of the page that is worded like this:
The tone and/or writing style of this article/section is inappropriate. It should be rewritten to confirm to guidelines.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and/or begin editing the page.

Then it is more clear that the page needs work.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:05 am

No idea why it doesn't have a Clean Up template, it should. I'll fix that right now.

If you'd like to sign up for the Wiki, post in here please: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/4512/Scribe-Sign-Up-Sheet/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Deepak
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:33 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote: I read it, but I disliked the unprofessional style of writing and I believe that it was not up to standards that many of the wiki pages follow. I apologise if I am offending the author of the page in question, but what I wish to ask is, I am allowed to edit it?

*raises hand* I pretty much wrote that page. If you tell me how I horribly failed I can go and fix it.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”