Kingdom Hearts

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Kingdom Hearts II ruined this depression, though, by giving it a happy ending and coming up with all this loophole crap.

Yeah but if anything that should mean that KH 3 will end on a sad note, if their going with a pattern

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 pm

cd603 wrote:Yeah but if anything that should mean that KH 3 will end on a sad note, if their going with a pattern

If they are. Which nobody really knows for sure. But since it's the end of the Xehanort Saga, they'll probably give some kind of extra backstory for Master Xehanort after Sora/Riku/both of them/everybody kills him and make everybody feel sorry for Master Xehanort even though he's pretty damn evil.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Considering all of the talk that has been happening I decided to necromance this kingdom hearts thread

I really enjoy this series (even though all the games except kingdom hearts 2 end on a sad note). However I wonder how they came across this cross over. I mean when I first heard about kingdom hearts my intentional reaction was “really really they made this” come on let’s face when we think of crossovers is your first thought a Disney and final fantasy cross over. But I’m glad I gave this series a shot I have had lots of fun with it. I am eagerly awaiting the 3 ds game dream drop distance (the games story is suppose to be on par with the numbers and birth by sleep and we are suppose to get our first non Disney and final fantasy cameo in the form of Neku, from the Nintendo DS game The World Ends with You also we are getting a new enemy type called dream eaters and you can also play as riku again!) This series has become a personal favorite of mine I just hope kingdom hearts 3 ends on a happy note.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm

^
neku going to be in the game that's one more reason to buy it, I hope they save ventus and give him back his heart .
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm not gonna lie: I hate Kingdom Hearts. I hate everything about it. I hate the painfully overwrought character designs, I hate the ludicrous autistic story, I hate the ill-conceived Disney crossover, I hate the annoying music, I hate the gloopy, imprecise controls, and I hate the bland-as-bejeezus level design. I hate Kingdom Hearts.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:26 am

@ bobbyfischer's ghost I doubt that in kingdom hearts 3D they will get around to saving ven and the others. From what I heard about the plot 3D is all about Riku and Sora training for the mark of mastery (since Ansem and Xnemas are dead Xnerote (I can’t remember how to spell his name) got resurrected and there are multiples of him) I have a feeling that they will save Ven Terra Aqua Axel Xion Roxas and the real Ansem in kingdom hearts 3 (I really hope they do anyway)

edit: I really hope Seperoith is in 3 and 3D. He may be the hardest boss in history but it is one of the funest fights ever (and I enjoy listening to one winged angel)
Last edited by Final Messenger on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:11 pm

It's Xehanort. It's an anagram of “no heart x”.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:30 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:edit: I really hope Seperoith is in 3 and 3D. He may be the hardest boss in history but it is one of the funest fights ever (and I enjoy listening to one winged angel)

he was the best boss, makes me regret I only have the N.A. release of kingdom hearts 2 in that regard kingdom hearts one was better because of the ability to re-challenge bosses .

@TehDonutKing thanks for the info on Xehanort
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:It's Xehanort. It's an anagram of “no heart x”.

Yeah kingdom hearts loves to do the whole X anagram thing

Roxas= Sora with a x

Axel= Lea with a X

They even had X-blade (although it was pronounced keyblade for some weird reason

There are way more that we learned in birth by sleep but I already forgot most of them :lol:

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:54 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Yeah kingdom hearts loves to do the whole X anagram thing

It was actually only really done with Organization XIII, and Xehanort. With the exception of Xemnas (who was originally Xehanort), all the organization members received their name by creating an anagram of their original name and throwing an 'X' in there somewhere. It fits with the Nobody theme of not really existing.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:07 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:They even had X-blade (although it was pronounced keyblade for some weird reason

It's not X-blade, it's Χ-blade. /Χ/ is a Greek letter pronounced kind of like the English letter /k/, but is a little bit harder. The letter by itself is pronounced like “key”.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:It's not X-blade, it's Χ-blade. /Χ/ is a Greek letter pronounced kind of like the English letter /k/, but is a little bit harder. The letter by itself is pronounced like “key”.

I did not know that well it is true what they say you do learn something new everyday :lol: thanks TehDountking

On the topic of the nobodies I understand that they don’t exist, they have no heart and thus can’t show real emotion and can only fake it (with the exception to the rule being Roxas as he clearly cried at Xion’s fading away in 358/2) but what I don’t get is why the members of organization XIII are all in a human form. Is it because they have the memories of their past life and thus can remember what they used to look like?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:53 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:On the topic of the nobodies I understand that they don’t exist, they have no heart and thus can’t show real emotion and can only fake it [...] but what I don’t get is why the members of organization XIII are all in a human form. Is it because they have the memories of their past life and thus can remember what they used to look like?

A Nobody is described as the empty husk left behind when a person of very strong will is turned into a Heartless. The Nobodies of Organization XIII also managed to maintain their minds, and thus their forms were not twisted into the beings of nothing common as Dusks and etc.

Don't forget that there are Heartless that are capable of maintaining their mind and their human form (see Xehanort's Heartless, who called himself Ansem in the first game).
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Oh, & don't get my started on that "War" Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Kingdom Hearts II ruined this depression, though, by giving it a happy ending and coming up with all this loophole crap.

Kingdom Hearts II made me depressed by not providing a Hun hoard for me to demolish, as I had so dreamed of after witnessing the Mulan scene in the trailer. Even the 1000 heartless battle didn't make up for that.

All those yellow buzzing things, I felt like the freaken' Orkin man...

View Original PostSachi wrote:A Nobody is described as the empty husk left behind when a person of very strong will is turned into a Heartless. The Nobodies of Organization XIII also managed to maintain their minds, and thus their forms were not twisted into the beings of nothing common as Dusks and etc.

Yeah, ever notice that a lot of this sounds like a certain anime?

Hell, they seemed to be pretty much teasing it here.
Last edited by Alaska Slim on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Why does Terra's final boss have an attack that's impossible to dodge or block, yet kills you instantly on Standard difficulty?
/hj

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Because Square enix likes to troll its fans :lol: but on a serious note what move are you referring to (I had major difficulty with Terra’s last boss the way I beat him was attack a little then run and use cureraga rinse and repeat but that took a long time because he was capable of using cure as well)

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:40 pm

His meteor attack.
/hj

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Oh that one. What level where you when attempted it (I hated terra’s last boss with a passion I lost over 20 times before I figured out how to properly fight him and even then it was a long tedious process his physical attacks especially his dark aura attack were devastating to my health bar and he kept on casting cure!)

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm at the game over screen right now, so I can't check my level.
I have Curaga, Dark Firaga, Blizzaga, Limit Storm, Ars Solum, and Thunder Surge equipped. My Shotlock is the first one you get as Terra, and my Finish command is a random combo.
/hj

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:16 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I really hope Seperoith is in 3 and 3D.

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Seperoith

All Xehanort's attacks can be blocked or dodged in some way. As soon as he stands still and summons several meteors at once, just stand in a spot where they'll all come at you from the same direction and use your block. When he summons the giant meteor, just get to the opposite side of the plateau as fast as you can.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”