What anime are you watching right now? Apr-Sep 11

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Still the same. Bl

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:........What?

You're saying to those who like to watch lolicon "my pedophilia escapism is cooler and less icky than your pedophelia escapism".

You make claim to the moral wrong of objectifying "children", but you've already done that. Your only issue it seems is with how overt it is, which isn't morality, but how far you can personally take things before your own sensibilities say "back it up".

It's arbitrary, you've failed to uphold any line, for if you had, you wouldn't even be here. And with that, I'm done with this.

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Or maybe they were just trying something new.

With as little effort as possible, as, whether you realize it or not, Aquarion was made according to a formula, and it did little to step outside of it.

The only thing it did to rif on said formula, and indeed, the only thing that set it apart, was the orgasms, a cheap ploy.

It's no different to how, say, Lara Croft got creative in just how many shots you can still make out Angelina Jolie's boobs bouncing up and down.

Want to take pride in it? Be my guest, I'm sure the editors did.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 pm

You're saying to those who like to watch lolicon "my pedophilia escapism is cooler and less icky than your pedophelia escapism".

My escapism doesn't have pedophilia in it.
And with that, I'm done with this.

Goodbye.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Also regarding the fall anime the ones I am looking foward to are gundam age and gundam unicorn 4 (I'm a huge gundam otaku if you guys could not tell)

I think most gundam fans are, including me

watching Blue Exorcist, very good
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Watching Keroro Gunsou. Hilarious.
Miiiight start Heroic Age. ...But Sameface is really unappealing. D:

Also, watched the trailer for Gothicmade. Evageeks, I am excite. I haven't read Five-Star Stories by the same guy (Jesus Christ those resell prices D:) yet, but Gothicmade looks fantastic.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:45 pm

In preparation for the Last Exile sequel that's coming out (I think Funimation is going to stream it), I'm rewatching the original series. I haven't seen it since it aired on Tech TV/G4 when I was in college, but I do remember liking it.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 am

Watched Kami-sama no Memo-chou. This episode actually turn out to be great, much to my surprise. I loved what Alice said to the guy (so deliciously vindictive), and I also enjoyed Narumi's fighting skills and the rooftop conversation at the very end. If there was one sour note in this episode it was Narumi's plan. There were better ways to get to the hideout. All and all a great final episode.

As much as I enjoyed the final, it doesn't change my opinion of this show. It was very mediocre overall. Much of the time they weren't even trying, which is a real shame considering how strong the last case was. More then anything I think I'll remember this show as something that could have been great but was doomed by its own apathy. It's sad how many shows fall into this category.

:arrow:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Return to “Old Stickies”