Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Charsiupao
Embryo

Postby Charsiupao » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm not sure if these count as action figures, but they're deadly cute. I'd kill for a Sahaquiel. Does anyone know if they're only for sale online, or if you can get them in little hobby shops soon, or if they're already sold out?

http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-Chara-Fortune-Plus-Petit/dp/B004SQUZHK/ref=pd_sbs_t4

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:51 pm

You can probably find them at little hobby/anime shops,but which shop would have them is the question since not all will carry them and theres not that many shops to begin with unless you live in Japan or china.Id just buy them online,maybe check ebay and see if you can buy an entire complete set instead of a box of random figs or just the one fig youre looking for.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Yet again, another plead for "We need more angel figs!". They should at least consider doing a Gashapon line that are purely, or mostly angels.

Charsiupao
Embryo

Postby Charsiupao » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 am

They had Kubricks, and they were really cute too - the humans looked terrible, but the angels were adorable. Sadly the line isn't easy to find now. The Rebuild Zeruel is just the cutest Kubrick I've ever seen, but it's so hard to get.

The series had some really nice ones too.. Leliel and Ramiel would fit into any Evangelion collection as you couldn't really tell that they were Kubrick. I wish there were more Angels too.. and maybe a working Clockiel clock, and a Sahaquiel towel or carpet or something which we can use to in-scale display with our Evas!!

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:38 am

It costed me $25 just to get Zeruel. The comic store in my City had a whole box of them to choose from, and because it was so expensive, you could pick whichever character you were after. But as far as Kubricks go, he was a pretty cool deal, since he comes with 2 faces. (swallowing and normal)

Picked Sachiel off eBay, but couldn't find Shamshel at all, unless you bought the whole set.

Charsiupao
Embryo

Postby Charsiupao » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:31 am

I'm tempted to pick up that entire Zeruel set.. it's a good one, with only two human figures out of seven, so I'm getting 5 nice ones. Zeruel is of course the highlight (there are two of him), while Bardiel isn't half bad either. The Beast 02 also has a very cute feel about her. Awakened 01 isn't that nice, but at least it's cute. Mari and Asuka are, like all Kubrick humans, just ugly.

I felt the same with the old series - I just loved Ramiel and Leliel, while Sachiel, Zeruel, Israfel and Lilith were pretty cute too. Anything non-humanoid works best with Kubrick.

There were also the Bandai kits, which had a very nice posable Sachiel. Bardiel was good too, but then again Bardiel has always been easy to find since it's just a modified Evangelion. They also had Zeruel, but it was completely unpainted and since I can't paint until now it's still in its box...

That Revoltech Eva-05 which shaneva02 posted is a must buy for me - purely for Tunniel!! The trick will be trying to complete the rest of his body using some cardboard.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:12 pm

The Awakening Eva-01's pretty nice IMO, they even bothered with giving it clear parts for that re-generated arm and the halo. 2.0 Series 2 is definitely the best of the lot by a long shot.

QC's very good, as is the paint app, and they all have an even matte finish. 2.0 Series 1 was just...rubbish. The paint is all over the place and greasy looking.

I'm really keen on this old Kaiyodo statue of Sachiel they've released, and it seems to be very reasonably priced if you live in the States. But with shipping to my place...ugh.

I've thrown out all my Evangelion model kits as I'm moving, but I simply couldn't part with the boxes as I remembered being drawn in my the boxart at the local hobby store before I've even or heard about the show. I knew it was special. :love:

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:The Awakening Eva-01's pretty nice IMO, they even bothered with giving it clear parts for that re-generated arm and the halo. 2.0 Series 2 is definitely the best of the lot by a long shot.

QC's very good, as is the paint app, and they all have an even matte finish. 2.0 Series 1 was just...rubbish. The paint is all over the place and greasy looking.

I'm really keen on this old Kaiyodo statue of Sachiel they've released, and it seems to be very reasonably priced if you live in the States. But with shipping to my place...ugh.

I've thrown out all my Evangelion model kits as I'm moving, but I simply couldn't part with the boxes as I remembered being drawn in my the boxart at the local hobby store before I've even or heard about the show. I knew it was special. :love:

DUDE, i know exactly how yuo feel, i kept my vintage saint seiya boxes for years, untill my mother found them and tossed them i nthe garbage.....i loved the ilustratino in the box, i really wish cloth myth had folowed that design.... in fact most o my vintage saint seiya i bought for the sheer awesomeness of the ilustration of the box, like poseidon,sorento and siegfried, their saga had not even began in brazil when i got them.....
my box......sniff.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:i kept my vintage saint seiya boxes for years, untill my mother found them and tossed them i nthe garbage

Oh no, she didn't!!!
I wold have died upon finding out...

Now, for your eyes only:

The week post (including other 2 pics like this one)...
The video review of Mark VI on Youtube...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:00 am

very nice arael. i would make it darker farther away from moon thingie...the eva not the bg.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:29 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:very nice arael. i would make it darker farther away from moon thingie...the eva not the bg.

Coming to think of it... The moon had to be out of focus to add depth...
Damm...

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:04 pm

View Original Postpen-pen wrote:If there's such a big following of Misato's figure, I wonder why they don't produce more of it....

It's because they think 14 year old teenage girls will sell more then a 29 year old. Kinda stupid really.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:05 pm

So I'm getting into Eva figures recently, and the RAH Asuka naturally grabbed my attention. By all accounts it sounds like a really good figure. However, I'm a bit confused as to how it actually looks in practice. The commercial shots look like this and this. Note the brown hair and leather (or a good facsimile thereof) plugsuit. By contrast some shots from reviewers look more like this or this. Note the much shinier plugsuit and the blonder hair.

These appear to be two different figures. Is there a reason for the discrepancy? All of the above images are tagged with the same figure (neither are the Shikinami version, which looks very different), and all appear to feature completed figures. Are there two versions out there? If not, which am I likely to get if I order one? The first one's a slam dunk for me, but the second . . . not so much. It still looks like a solid figure, but the plugsuit and hair really aren't doing it for me.

Would anyone who has the figure mind commenting on which depiction is more accurate?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:14 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:So I'm getting into Eva figures recently

oh man say goodbye to your money forever. I got this close to buying that famous goth loli Asuka figure (from the even more famous Sadamoto illustration) from Helsinki for 50 euros but managed to stop myself at the last minute when I realized if I start collecting Eva figures they never, ever end :cringe:

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:So I'm getting into Eva figures recently, and the RAH Asuka naturally grabbed my attention. By all accounts it sounds like a really good figure. However, I'm a bit confused as to how it actually looks in practice. The commercial shots look like this and this. Note the brown hair and leather (or a good facsimile thereof) plugsuit. By contrast some shots from reviewers look more like this or this. Note the much shinier plugsuit and the blonder hair.

These appear to be two different figures. Is there a reason for the discrepancy? All of the above images are tagged with the same figure (neither are the Shikinami version, which looks very different), and all appear to feature completed figures. Are there two versions out there? If not, which am I likely to get if I order one? The first one's a slam dunk for me, but the second . . . not so much. It still looks like a solid figure, but the plugsuit and hair really aren't doing it for me.

Would anyone who has the figure mind commenting on which depiction is more accurate?

Promo shots aren't reliable by nature, always go with in-hand pic for reference, in this case, her hair's going to be ginger. Isn't her hair supposed to be that colour instead of brown most of the time anyway?

But I'd like to tell you the breast plate is wrong for all of the NGE RAH Asuka figures, and it hasn't been re-issued/fixed. She has 2 right boobs.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:14 pm

They actually look pretty cool. Shinji in SWAT armour ftw.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:31 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:Promo shots aren't reliable by nature, always go with in-hand pic for reference, in this case, her hair's going to be ginger. Isn't her hair supposed to be that colour instead of brown most of the time anyway?

Yes and no. According to the settei sheets It's supposed to be red, but in the show it was brown up until about the descent arc (it was also brown in her incarnation for the proposal, for whatever that's worth). In a bit of an amusing turn it appears that, at least in the case of the RAH figures, Soryu and Shikinami got their hair colors swapped. No idea why.

Anyway, it's not just the promo shots. This pic from a convention looks like the first version, so that's why I'm a little confused.

But I'd like to tell you the breast plate is wrong for all of the NGE RAH Asuka figures, and it hasn't been re-issued/fixed. She has 2 right boobs.

Eh? First I've heard of this. Do you have pics, perchance?
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Well, with the boob thing is kind of clear as day when you look at the in-hand pics, they're uneven. Sorry, it's actually 2 left boob, not right.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/asukacloseup.jpg/]Image[/URL]

The early prototype shown in exhibitions and the one used in promo shots are probably the same one, which is why it's got the same brown coloured hair.

This is a pic in Japan where they displayed it closer to the release date, so I'm pretty sure it's ginger the in the final.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/toplw.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Ah, I see what you mean. That's a shame; between the defect, the hair, and the plugsuit it doesn't seem worth the cost. I think the plugsuit's the biggest issue for me; the promo version looked really slick, but the release version is . . . very shiny. Looks more like PVC than leather, and that just makes the figure look cheap.

Oh well. On the upside I saved a bundle, so there's that. Thanks for the replies!

Also, I don't pay as much attention to Rei as I do Asuka, but isn't her figure different as well? It also doesn't look quite the same as in the promo shots, but I can't put my finger on why.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Week post at the blog...
My ass aches after nearly 8 hours of uninterrumpted PC work...
So... Much... Homework!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”